Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Strange NMM gold from Scibor

Strange NMM gold from Scibor

Hello everybody,
    during the last week i have start to paint 3 dwarves from Scibor Miniatures but i donít understand how they have painted the gold parts.
    I usually do the standard NMM gold: Brown>Brown+Yellow>Yellow>White
    but this is different

what do you think about it? I donít understand what kind of recipe they used. A Sand yellow?

2nd question:
    There are reliefs over the shield, this reliefs makes impossible to do a satisfying wet blending. So if I want to buy other miniatures from Scibor with Gold parts i must buy an Airbrush? (Itís ridiculous)

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    looks pretty standard to me, could be a touch of green in there.

See its not as simple as saying you do brown and yellow. Do you use a warm or cold brown? Is it a red brown or a yellow brown,etc

Have you got a pic of your gold so we could compare?
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

you can still do a wet blend on the sheild its just a matter of re doing the raised parts again afterwards. if you keep a log of the mixes you use it shouldnt be too hard to go back over it..

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    why dont you not use wet blending on that section, feathering layering or two brush blending would work just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    why dont you not use wet blending on that section, feathering layering or two brush blending would work just fine
    when my brush touches a relief the paint doesn't flow. I can't explain in words the effect...maybe i must try with a more thick mix

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    well yes less is more. When Blending I dab my brush on some kitchen roll after getting the paint to remove the excess but also less dilution too!

Yes, there is some green in there. Looks like it is mixed in with the mid tone. Mid tone appears to be a tau ochre or vomit brown, depending on manufacturer. Looks like some Zemesi Desert, I believe it is called. They don't go too dark with their brown. Maybe one of the above mixed with a mourn fang brown or dark flesh. And they don't go pure white-which I never do anyway. It's a light yellow mixed with an off white.

You our should have no trouble wet blending this. But as you say the raised areas are a problem for some reason. Maybe they weren't primed well or something. Anyway, that's fine just glaze-layer them up.