Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Studio McVey Contest 2014

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeatPete View Post
    I'm too intimidated by the MCVey minis I own to paint them, lol.

why? Have they threatened you? Did you wake up one night to find one in your face brandishing a knife?

Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! NeatPete
    Hmm, could paint one of those hundred or so figures that came with the kickstarter...

I have never entered a painting competition before.... this may be the one. All of Studio McVey minis are much to awesome for my pathetic skills but I think I will try to paint one without insulting the craftsmanship too much. Now to pick a mini.....

I might give this a try; I treated myself to an Ar-Fiach recently and haven't painted her up yet.
    Is the miniature allowed to be in some way converted? I suppose bits from other companies are not allowed, but changing the pose and scratchbuilt bits are ok?

well.... let's see If I can take part
    I have a couple of McVey minis :)

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gujozec View Post
    I might give this a try; I treated myself to an Ar-Fiach recently and haven't painted her up yet.
    Is the miniature allowed to be in some way converted? I suppose bits from other companies are not allowed, but changing the pose and scratchbuilt bits are ok?
    all that is fine including using bits from other companies as long as its nothing major. so a gun or an arm is fine but it must still be inherently Studio McVey
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Excellent. Thanks for the reply Darklord!

I am sorely, sorely tempted to enter this competition... Like most of us (I'd imagine), Mr McVey is a childhood hero, and the one who inspired me to paint to a better level. I just need the brass (in terms of testicles and cash) to have a go! Pay day on the 24th, so until then I'll look at the store and ogle!

Yep going to give this a go; got a nice little crow/ sorceror/ levitating/ thingy mini.

Go for it. Levitating crow sorcerer thingys are awesome!
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast