Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamped IV

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Wamped IV

Its Back!

Now play the video to get yourself in the mood and we'll begin!

It's all change this year as Wamp comes back in house and goes simpler but the competition will be just as fierce!

We are going Highlander, there can be only one!

This year we have just one category, but anything goes, you can enter whatever you fancy, any scale,genre,or manufacturer. 28mm Skaven v 90mm Teutonic Knight, Eldar Wraith v Epic Diorama.

So your imagination is your only limit.

Prizes

Now of course you all want to enter just for the hell of it but we thought we would throw some booty your way if your deemed worthy.

Best In Show:
    50 credit @ The Wampstore
    1 years Free Supporter Subscription
    1 each of Wamps own miniatures: Gronk and Professor Sprocket

2nd Place:
    25 credit @ The Wampstore
    Copy of Gronk OR Professor Sprocket

3rd Place
    15 credit @ The Wampstore
    Copy of Gronk OR Professor Sprocket

Spot Prizes:
    One random entry and one random voter will receive 5 credit each @ The Wampstore

Wampstore Special:

On top of the other prizes we are also offering a 10 credit for the highest ranked entry that features something bought from the Wampstore.
    The items doesn't have to be a miniature it can be basing materials,accessories,etc.
    (To be eligible for the Wampstore Special you must list in your image description the Wampstore Order number that the included item was purchased on.)

Deadline:

The closing date for entries is the 24th January 2014 6pm British Time

Supporters closing date will be 31st January 2014 6pm British Time

Rules

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • You are only eligible to win one prize (excluding the Wampstore Special which stacks) in the event you win more than once the lower value prize will go to the next highest vote.
    • Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 4000 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
    • any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
    • You give Wamp (including Portal Magazine) permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere (final shots must be after uploading to the contest gallery: see new work rule)
    • Judging will be conducted by public vote
    • Submissions must be posted to the Contest Gallery You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload
    • Credit is eligible at www.wampstore.com
    • To be eligible for the Wampstore Special you must list in your image description the Wampstore Order number that the included item was purchased on.
    • All manufacturers,scale and genres are eligible as are scratchbuilds,drioama's and scenery

While this years contest is scaled down (and the prizes reflect that) I wanted to make sure it ran efficiently this time and I think its nice to aim it more towards Wamp's regular community. With the 'anything goes' theres no excuse not to enter something!

Now stop slacking and get painting!
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Haven't a chance in hell of winning but I'll enter to help make up the numbers

Hopefully something in my stash will take my fancy, possibly the Queen of the Fifth Element.
    Miniatures Completed In 2017 - 6 2016 - 24 2015 - ​18
    Eldar Challenge - Points Painted 482/4000
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brambleten View Post
    Haven't a chance in hell of winning but I'll enter to help make up the numbers

Hopefully something in my stash will take my fancy, possibly the Queen of the Fifth Element.
    if you enter you have a chance.
    Your stuff is decent mate. Anyway even if you wont win i find a contest is a great way to push your skills

Sounds cool :P

So to clarify - the theme for entries is 'there can be only one'?

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by possumcraft View Post
    Sounds cool :P

So to clarify - the theme for entries is 'there can be only one'?
    theres no theme, any subject goes mate

Ah right :P thought "We are going Highlander, there can be only one!" meant that was a theme... so... anything goes... the choices...

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Ah right :P thought "We are going Highlander, there can be only one!" meant that was a theme... so... anything goes... the choices...
    well highlander is a rocking film (and soundtrack) so always a good base to start I guess!

Blog Entries
    Excellent, and it is being pushed by various members of the painting illuminati on facebook so there should be lots of entries!

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    I'm in, got just the mini to push myself with. OK, OK I know I can't win but that's not the point is it. Might even see if I can do more than one entry.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

That was my first thought when I read the contest rules, too.

I don't have mad skillz to paint tartan, so ... phew :) !

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast