Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Wyrd chronicles 3

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Wyrd chronicles 3

just had a quick look and noticed Neatpete is in there on the featured artwork page. well done mate!

I like to French Kiss Racoons

Wamp Apostle
    Oh Hells yeah!!! That's tight! Thanks DL

My first contest win and now a mini featured in my favorite publication!!! All in the same month!? Must by my lucky month.

Here's a pic of the mini

[fullalbumimg:d582b7ec5e]322[/fullalbumimg:d582b7ec5e]

Quote Originally Posted by NeatPete
    .. My first contest win and now a mini featured in my favorite publication!!! All in the same month!? Must by my lucky month.
    I smell world domination coming up next!

Well done. I like the mini and the base :thumbsup

Well done Pete i do remember this mini from over on the Wryd forums and good to see it in the latest chronicle too it is a nicely done miniature .

As a minor highlight for myself a question i had for ask wryd actually made it in the chronicle :wink , but certainly not the same type of highlight as actually having a mini featured in a publication though, congrats mate !! . :thumbsup:

I like to French Kiss Racoons

Wamp Apostle
    hehe, Its still fun to see something of yours in there huh?

I got a question in there as well:
    "Do you guys know how awesome this stuff is?" set that one up for them! lol

Blog Entries
    Cool Pete!

That issue as a whole was not bad at all. I haven't read too much, just skimmed it. That teddy mini is making me think of doing neverborn. It's the cats ass! I'd really like to paint it in all sorts of bright care bears unrealistic style then hit the teeth and eyes all creepy and gloomy with the gritty colors. Still love the mailifaux.

It's a bit of a tough sell here in town though. EVERYONE has tried skirmish games out and sorta been burned. Confrontation, Mordheim etc. all had their moment in the sun and people can't seem to get as psyched for ANY mini game that's new, let alone a skirmish game. Even Hell Dorado couldn't sway people with their figs.

Ah well. I fully intend to paint up a couple of factions and play it a couple times. If my order with Sebastian and my damn cards ever comes in!
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Enlightened Wamp warhammergrimace's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The trouble with skirmish games is that they're designed to be played with minimal miniatures, so in the case of wyrd once you've bought a couple of factions, there really is no need to purchase any more. Unlike a conventional war game, where you need to purchase umpteen amount of minis.

Which was why Rackham brought out expansion books designed to take confrontation into the war game scene, though it never worked because people who played it preferred it as a skirmish game.

Skirmish games that work are one that don't require you to buy into a particular miniature line,for instance a historical set of rules that covers a large period of time, which would allow you to buy numerous war bands from different periods to play, that way you are buying minis on a regular basis.

A good set of skirmish rules are Song of Blades http://songofblades.blogspot.com/ by Ganesha Games, they also produce a very good set of Napolenic skirmish rules, which won an award at origins at year for Best Historical War game rules, coming joint first with Fields of Glory.
    Awards:
    Blog Award
    http://musketswordpaint.wordpress.com/
    http://irregular-magazine.com
    http://warhammergrimace.wordpress.com/
    http://paper.li/jbhubbard

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy."