Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Weekend Workshop with Elías Alonso

A Weekend Workshop with Elías Alonso

Hello Everyone !

The Weekend Workshop is back home once again and is preparing for it’s next workshop! For the second time we are inviting over one of the giants of the Spanish painting community, Elías Alonso! Elías has clocked up an impressive 14 demons in the last few years along with a plethora of other awards, Elías is also the lead painter for Scale 75, so if you have ever admiringly gazed upon Scale 75 boxart there’s a good chance Elías painted it!

Elías will be teaching the secrets of light and non metallic metal over the course of 2 days, he will take you step by step through the ideas and theory of light and the technical side of NMM, he will demonstrate those ideas using the free miniature you will receive and you will then get to take those new skills and apply them to your own miniature under Elías’ guidance. It is with no exaggeration that I say that the skills and knowledge you will acquire aren’t being taught anywhere else in the UK and are limited to very few people within the sci fi and fantasy miniature painting community.

The workshop will run from 10am up until 6pm, the workshop will be broken up into 4 main chunks, morning and afternoon session over the 2 days, the morning sessions will be more focused on the theory and ideas of what Elías is teaching, with an hour or two in between demonstrations to get some painting done, the focus on the afternoon sessions is for you to sit down and get a good few hours painting in so you can really get to grips with what is being taught. Both myself and Elías will be there to give you feedback and reinforce the ideas, theories and techniques, give you advice how can improve your technical skills and answer any hobby related question you can think of! When the day is done we usually head out for a few drinks and something to eat, Liverpool is a great city full of wonderful pubs and eateries.

The workshops costs £95 for both days, included is your miniature, lunch and hobby support after the workshop, no doubt questions will arise once you continue to apply your new knowledge and we will be here, continuing to give feedback and advice, helping to push your progression!

Items that you will need to bring with you:-

Paints
    Paint Brushes
    A Lamp (or two) with a daylight bulb
    Palette (ideally a wet palette)
    A scalpel or X-acto knife
    Fine grit sand paper/file
    Pin vice, drill bit and brass rod
    Superglue
    Plinth or stand

Don’t worry if you cant bring all of these items or you forget some as we will have some spare that you can lend.

For enquirers and further information or to book a place on the workshop, gives us an email or contact us on Facebook or use the contact form on the Get Involved page

Our Facebook Pagep
    Our Website

Some pictures of Elías' models.

you can find more of Elías' work on his Cmon Page
    But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known, a life of dubious virtue...

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,phatkid1966,vegascat
    wish I was in the UK..
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Yep think i'm gonna try and get to this one :) and cheers for the info darkmessiah
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

Quote Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
    wish I was in the UK..
    um meeee toooo... :/
    Skelettet S Minis at facebook

1 3 3 4 - "All truth is parallel - all truth is untrue"

Gallery (CMON)

Ok that's me booked on this one! Very excited about this!!!

7. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Darkmessiah
    I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
    wish I was in the UK..
    That would be fun for sure.

hang on, aren't you in the UK now Stefan :P
    But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known, a life of dubious virtue...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmessiah View Post
    hang on, aren't you in the UK now Stefan :P
    not quite yet my friend, but in a few hours... :)
    Skelettet S Minis at facebook

1 3 3 4 - "All truth is parallel - all truth is untrue"

Gallery (CMON)

Super Wamp
    I was lucky enough to spend some time at Euro talking with Elias and was very impressed. He really seemed like a good guy who is highly under rated in comparison to other Spanish painters. I also didn't know that it was him that developed the scale 75 paint range, working with the new manufacturers until it was working just right. My thinking is that if you want to understand the scale 75 paint this is the one to try.

Having met him I booked myself in the course :) I'll see you there Phatkid!

What a bonus! As if I wasn't looking forward to this already

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast