Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Brambleten Attempts to Paint

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Either one of those top pieces would make great terrain pieces if you don't decide to magnetize them for easy switching out.
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Brambleten
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    @Vegascat - Hadn't thought of magnets, they're not something I've used before and I don't really do enough big stuff to bother getting into them. That may change if I ever get the Emperor's Children Contemptor I've been promising myself since it came out. As for terrain pieces, I might be able to make the snake things into some form of base for Tehenhauin if I decide to get one of him.

I raided Model Zone yesterday for their 50% off paints and came away with a few that should help my planned scheme on the Bastiladon.

Also got my lamp back from my flat in Newcastle so now I have a much better light source to paint from

Got my base inserts from Terrain Geek on Wednesday just before I went off to Newcastle. Also got some 20mm and 25mm square bases which were in the sale.

According to the Heresy Miniatures Facebook page my order with them was one of the ones sorted today so I'll probably be seeing that sometime in the next week. Now I just have a mountain of tidying and sorting to do after having the remainder of my room at my flat now being shoved into my room at home.
    Miniatures Completed In 2017 - 6 2016 - 24 2015 - ​18
    Eldar Challenge - Points Painted 482/4000
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Got a bit excited and primed Clive. Also managed to start getting some base colours down on him.

I plan on bringing the purple lighter and to put some blue and purple washed jags into the grey to break it up a bit. It works fine in my head but I'm not sure how it will turn out on plastic.

Also started the bits for the top of him and the base for a change. I figured that a big beastie would need secure footing so I blue tacked him on, painted round his feet and then stuck sand to the painted bits which seems to have worked.

And Clive on his base so far
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Not much from me, but some daylight pictures of Clive now that he has had a couple of washes on scales and plates

Also, got my order from Heresy Miniatures today, complete with complimentary sweets and an apology for the delay which was rather nice, given that the sale they were bought in was because there was going to be a delay in shipping them.

Got myself

Dr Hugh (not the 10th Doctor), Vincent B. Ruddock (not Richard B. Riddick) and Captain Nathan (not Captain Mal Reynolds)

Also got the Human Sorceress Inge, Elf Warrior Si'Rene, Wood Elf Sorceress Autumn and Demoness #1

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Did a few little bits on a few pieces this evening during a solid England performance.

Clive got a different grey drybrushed onto his scales

I also started the design on his armour plating. Still a way to go on this though.

Started basing some horses

and did some skin work on the lovely ladies

So, a not a lot of progress on anything, but a little progress on some things.

10. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Corporea,vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    gonna need some big contrast on those plates i reckon
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to try and bring the central plates up to lilac, and the plates either side up to just lighter than the central plates are now. Hopefully with the lighter scales and the gold war engine on top it should be enough contrast but not enough to set people screaming about their eyes being melted.

14. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Brambleten
    That thing is a monster alright
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

16. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Brambleten
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    @Normski - I might try green, will see how the plates turn out before moving back down to the scales. Was thinking of using blue or purple, but green might be a good contrast to the purple.

@phatkid - It is indeed

First up, apologies for the crap pic that is to come. My camera (which has been active about a month) has pretty much chewed up my 16gb memory card so that is will find it in the camera but not allow it access for various reasons. So until i remember to take my spare out of the car (it's in the media player, which is probably worth about the same as the car is) and see if that makes a difference, I'm stuck with my phone.

I made the three middle lines of plates lighter and then edged them with a lighter purple again. I'm unsure whether to do this on all of the plates or just to do the same thing with the initial lighter purple. The middle stripe and horns will get an even lighter shade around the edges.

I also got the first layer of brown onto the rest of the horse bases and washed the skink crew in the GW blue glaze (wasn't sure why I went for this over the wash, but it turned out doing exactly what I wanted rather than going everywhere) but I figured those could wait until I got my camera back fully functioning.

Instead of working to a film, tonight I was working to this

A great album (the actual disks will be turning up in the post, Amazon doing their auto rip thing give an mp3 copy along with all cds now), and I particularly like Up The Shard and those that revolve around Clara, such as The Impossible Girl.

18. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast