Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Brambleten Attempts to Paint

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    What's this? Another update? How is this possible?

I'll tell you how it is possible. I added

to this

and mixed in a little of this

et voila!

Metals done, white had some grey added. Which brings me to the next bit. I must not have opened my Fortress Grey for a couple of years, found it looking like this

Miniatures Completed In 2017 - 6 2016 - 24 2015 - ​18
    Eldar Challenge - Points Painted 482/4000
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's an awesome combination! Your metallics look great from what I can see. What's the blue thing, cake? Congrats on your birthday and the great loot!
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Brambleten
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Cheers vegascat. I'll try and get a better picture of them, but it will be more likely that I do something else to them as well given the mood I am in (the mojo is flowing for a change, and I hate horses usually).

The blue stuff is indeed cake, the insides of the Dalek. When asked what colour cake I wanted (which usually means plain or chocolate) I responded with blue. Somehow it happened.
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

Nice, Nice!

My fortress grey looks similar I fear.

7. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Brambleten
    Blog Entries
    That paint is solid! Maybe you can break it up and use it for basing, ha, ha.

I've been able to reconstitute paint that has turned pasty, but that pot looks like it's beyond repair!

9. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Brambleten
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brambleten View Post
    The blue stuff is indeed cake, the insides of the Dalek. When asked what colour cake I wanted (which usually means plain or chocolate) I responded with blue. Somehow it happened.
    Blue is my favorite food! I'm always a fan of having a blue tongue afterwards as well. :)

11. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Brambleten
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    ArkMechanicus - Cheers

Shades - The paint was just usable enough to run a wet brush over and pick up enough to shade the folds in the white, rather than fighting with an overloaded brush.

Vegascat - I'm quite fond of Skittles, although that turns your tongue green. Vodka, Schnapps, Orange juice, lemonade and a dashing of blue curacao. As a student, a blue tongue is an indication that last night you were out drinking WKD or some other blue alcopop.

Didn't get as much work done tonight, which I blame partly on the film (I always paint to TV or films). Decided on Jonah Hex but had forgotten that along with being decidedly average (Megan Fox is actually one of the highlights, and she does barely anything) it is also only 78 minutes in length so there is a lot less of it to paint to.

Still, I got one horse almost done, he just needs his saddle highlighted and his base done.

got another 4 needing their hooves doing to get to that stage

Amazingly for photos taken with flash, they are actually spot on colour wise. Hopefully I will pick a better film tomorrow and get a decent shift done.

13. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Been a little quiet from me recently but my mojo has flatlined. However, I hope that this little lot that has turned up over the past few days will fix that.

Thats some paint and glue, new Lizardmen army book, battle magic cards, a Saurus Oldblood, a MOTHER****ING DINOSAUR... Sorry a Bastiladon, Angel Exterminatus Legacy Edition, Gotrek+Felix Road of Skulls and the 6th Dexter book.

The Bastiladon surprised me, as it contains an actual instruction book. not a leaflet, an actual booklet with staples.

Also, the Sotek Bastiladon looks quite a bit more badass and angry than the standard one, should be on the front of the box.

So now, my mojo has spiked and currently it feels like this...

Hopefully it stays that way when I actually stop to paint...

Random dinosaur fact - Did you know that while a T-Rex might eat you, it could not beat you in an arm wrestling match due to its front paws/arms/puny limbs don't have the rotation to lock an opponent's arm down. It might tear it off and count that as a moral victory though...
    Last edited by Brambleten; 19-08-2013 at 07:19 PM.

15. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Blog Entries
    Love the bottom picture! Classic! The new lizardmen stuff looks great, I have to admit. If this release goes the way most of GW's releases have gone recently, half will be amazing and half will be utter crap, sadly. What paints did you get?

17. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Brambleten
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    The paints were all lizardmen inspired - Temple Guard Blue, Sotek Green (both layers similar to hawk turquoise i think), Stegadon Scale Green (base) and Skink blue (dry). I quite like a lot of the current release of lizards, the only one I'm iffy on is the Skink priest but since I have a few of them already I dont have to bother with him. I don't know if i could justify a carnosaur at the price (50), I'd have to see one in the flesh for it to really tempt me. Not sure on the Kroxigors from the last release but I still have some 5th ed ones that are in bits all over the place.

Need to have a read of a book and a bit of a plan, but that comes after more elves. Building the new shiny first though, he needs a name.

After that I can think about looking for all the bits for my metal stegadon and lord Kroak. Should get me through to when my ArcWorlde stuff turns up in february...

Edit - got the Oldblood 90% built, leaving the shield off to get at him with the paint more easily. Also got a few other models prepped together ready for hopefully priming them tomorrow.

Thats two White Lions, Hansa, Lizardy dude, a Viktoria and 5 Hasslefree ladies.
    Last edited by Brambleten; 19-08-2013 at 11:59 PM.

19. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast