Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ar-Fienel

Ar-Fienel

Hey foks!
    This is my entry in Studio McVey contest.
    I decided to paint Ar-Fienele in very bright and vibrant colors, the origin of inspiration were flowers of Tagetes. Im not sure with this pink/magenta stripe on skirts, but without it figure looks unfinished, so I let it be.
    Feel free to critique
    Nothing is impossible
    Nothing is unreachable

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: spykeside,vegascat
    This miniature has been painted by some really talented painters and this is right up there. The leaves in her hair are the most clearly defined I have seen and look so realistic. I have the 2nd edition Ar-Fienal and the scale of the leaves is so minute they are barely visable without focusing so I can appreciate the work. I love the skin tones and the arrow case (not sure what they are called). The colours you have used on the dress bring the miniature to life but I would have liked to have seen a few flowers on the base using the same colours to tie it into the whole dio. That doesnt stop me from appreciating how beautiful this work is though m8 and I have this in my inspirational pictures folder for when I attempt mine :)
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

Fabulous work, Landreth - although your work normally is :)

I like the striking colour of the dress, though the work on the falcon is actually what I find the most impressive and love the most. I must also say I'd like to try out that colour of your bow on a mini of my own, so if you could give a few pointers I am all ears!

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Nice work on a great mini.

Enlightened Wamp
    Nice colour choices, Artem. :)

I think maybe the white edges to her dress look a bit like the paint has rubbed off more than an effect, but otherwise you've done a great job of painting an iconic sculpt.

Good luck
    CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalGamer View Post
    You people scare me

Landreth Buddy thats another great job!!! I love the dress it actually does resemble a flower if ya turned her upside down. the arrow quiver is lovely and the leaves on her back!1 nice work mate!!

Yup quiver - thats the word I was looking for....doh!
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

LOL Phatty!! if ya dont know what its call just say the Doofer lol but yeah the Quiver is lovely!!

Thank you for comments!
    Here's paints for bow - Hull Red, Flat Earth, Yellow ochre and White. Also I made washes with very dilluted green ink from GW before using ochre and white colors for highlights.
    Nothing is impossible
    Nothing is unreachable

12. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Endor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast