Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Hendon Model Show - 19th May

Super Wamp

Hendon Model Show - 19th May

Hi,

I thought I would pop this up in case anyone fancies going, it's a very good museum and the added benefit of a model show seems too good an opportunity to miss.

Here's an email I've had from them -

Dear John

Many thanks for your email - great to hear that you would like to come to Hendon Model Show - we are looking forward to welcoming you.

Regarding the competition, it's open to everyone and has lots of sponsorship. Attached is a copy of the rules and classes/categories. IPMS Harrow and IPMS Barnet members are not allowed to enter but anyone else can. We normally get generous donations form Airfix and Revell, Hobbyco and Hobbycraft, as well as handing out trophies.

We will have about 26 traders including Great North Roads, Little Cars, Collectakit, Mr. Models, Guideline Publications, ADH Publications, Pol Models, Pheon Models, MDC, Aviation Antiques, the Aviation Bookshop, Aviation Hobby Shop, Falcon Models, Pinnacle Modelling Supplies, Sprue Mart, ADM models (They make excellent bases and scenery), Antics, Valiant Wings. We will have displays on all sorts of modelling, including marine, figures and vehicles.

here's a link to the page on the RAF Museum website.

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/london/w...on-model-show/

best wishes

Jonathan Burns, IPMS Barnet
    And the competition categories / rules they sent me.
    Competition Classes & Rules 2012

Classes

1. Aircraft (a) 1/72nd & smaller
    (b) 1/48th & smaller
    (c) 1/32nd & larger
    2. Military Vehicles (a) 1/48th & smaller
    (b) 1/35th & larger
    3. Figures Any figures, any scale
    4. Dioramas Any subject, any scale
    5. Marine Any ship or marine vessel in any scale
    6. Space & Sci-Fi Any factual or fictional space vehicle in any scale
    7. Vehicles Any non-military cars, commercial vehicles or motor bikes in any scale
    8. Scratchbuilt Any scratchbuilt model of any subject in any scale
    9. Junior Any model of any subject in any scale whose entrant is less than 16 years of age on the 22nd May 2011.

Rules

(i) Models may be constructed from any material and be to any scale but must not have been awarded first place in any previous Barnet or Harrow shows.

(ii) Competition entries are 2.00 for adults and 1.00 for Juniors (under 16 years of age on May 31st 2012).

(iii) Models may be mounted on any type or style of base. Maximum permitted size of any model (including base) is 2 ft sq. (or 4 sq. ft.). Models with dimensions in excess of the above may be permitted at the sole discretion of the organisers.

(iv) The organisers reserve the right to place entries in the class deemed to be most appropriate and to refuse entry to models considered ineligible or likely to cause offence.

(v) The organisers reserve the right to withdraw or amend any of the above classes at their sole discretion.

(vi) The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

(vii) All entries must be in place before 12.00 pm and may not be removed before 4.30pm except with the express prior permission of the organisers.

(viii) All models are entered at the owners risk. Whilst every effort will be made to protect entries, neither I.P.M.S Barnet, its members, sponsors nor the Royal Airforce Museum accept any responsibility for any loss or damage howsoever caused.

(ix) Entry to the Competition constitutes full and unreserved acceptance of all rules & conditions.

Cheers for the heads up. Was unable to make Salute so it will be nice to do another show.