Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vallejo Paint storage.

Vallejo Paint storage.

I have recently made the full switch to vallejo and jetisoned all the citadel paints on ebay. I have the full game colour set plus may others in various drop bottles. What I need to know is how do people store thier bottles. Ideally I am looking for a storage/transportable case or box. I don't fancy the vallejo case because it wouldnt have enough space. What are other people using. Give me some great ideas with links appreciated.
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    I have a tooolbox type case I use at the moment. Its more for screws and the like. Roughly along these lines. Though normally they are on shelves when the house is habitable!

Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

have you seen this.

http://www.wargame-buildings.com/pai...ge-system.html

granted, it's not for carrying around, but still thought I put it as a solution...
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Why not try a KR card case with pick and pluck layers or the paint pot trays? then ya can carry them around anywhere ya like? http://www.krmulticase.com/default.aspx

Dunno if they will fit Vallejo though I know they fit Coat d'arms, GW and Foundry

But the pluck n pick ya can make them fit just by yanking out foam pieces..

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries
    I store my full bottles in plastic storage bins, much like DL posted. But I also transferred the paint (Vallejo/P3/RMS/etc) to tiny 3ml dropper bottles (which I will point out, can be a pain to label). Those all fit in the top space of my carry (a repurposed tackle box ) so I have all my hundreds of colours wherever I may roam.
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743

Some brilliant ideas there. I think the tool box suits my needs most as I like to transport occassionally to mums or on hols etc and also the Missus has a regular moan if she sees any of my paint stuff outside my personal space! This last bit is becoming increasingly difficult as my pile of paintyness is growing like it has a life of its own! This 'mini' hobby is deceptive as we all know ;)

Another non-portable one, but I have two of these (I know, ).

However, it may be of use keeping your personal space under control

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    make some simple shelves from 12mm mdf, just make em 1.5" deep and affix to wall. Its what I do
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

@ Zemjw - I love them and if I can find a uk stockist I will def' put them on my future shopping list.

@ DL DIY is my enemy m8, I know its supposed to be a given that blokes can put a shelf up but I've had some monumental disaters. Cutting a carpet to small for the room, drilling a wall and finding black dusty stuff dosn't hold coat hooks very well and the best not securing the tv wall bracket properly leading to the inevitable!!!

@phatkid1966 get them from Veni Vidi Vici, although I think they've gone up since I bought mine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast