Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Sculpting experience!!

All crit welcome...is now a good time to discuss those sideburns?

Normski this is looking fantastic, hurry up and whack the membrane on so we can put it through the flight test! Seriously don't change too much i'm liking the look of how this is now!!!
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

Cheers Phatty! its coming on nicely, however Ive gone a bit big on the shoulder muscles but some of that will go when I shape the Deltoids a little so its all good and once its all sanded it should all be a bit thinner but not much.

and My Sideburns are now a thin beard lol but its all coming off this afternoon!! Skin head again lol

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    I think the bulbous joints where the wings meet the back needs some work, looks to 'tacked on' to me
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Looks pretty good and as others say think you have a natural talent for this. I would suggest you try a 50:50 mix of Magic Sculp and Green Stuff as I think you'd get much better results than with Miliput. Magic Sculp feels like a better version of Miliput to me and when combined with GS gives you the best of both worlds.

What tools are you currently using?

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    I think the bulbous joints where the wings meet the back needs some work, looks to 'tacked on' to me
    Cheers Brett they are a bit bulbous at the moment but will be shaped more and need wider deltoids too so it suggests he actually uses them :-)

Monnmin I cant seem to get away with GS its my enemy lol Miliput is my mate so I stay with it better the devil ya know in this case and I have some stainless sculpting tools but mainly use cicktail stick and a GW small dry brush but wanting silicone rubber shaper :-)

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    I cant get much sucess from Green Stuff either mate but just mix a bit in with some milliput. It is still usable like Milliput but gives you better sculpting properties
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Yeah GS is a hard thing to get right Im ok using it for filling and very small work but sculpting is a No go!

But I think Ive been told a few times to mix GS with miliput and not yet tried it but I will at some point!! maybe on my next project but gonna keep this one all Miliput as its what I know lol

cheers for tips and crits guys much helpful!

Definitely give it a go on your next one Normski, it plays like milliput but has a touch more stretch and flex to it. I swore by it until I defected to using Fimo lol.

Good stuff man, I'm watchin this one keenly!
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2018 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 2 painted/sold, 0 bought/received
    Previous years: 2017 - 11/96, 2016 - 20/162, 2015 - 29/36

Cheers Mako Im glad its got your attention :-) after this one Im going to try a full sculpt of something to see what happens? By the time Ive done the wings on this one there will be more miliput than metal so going for a full sculpt seems to be the next natural step me thinks?

Cheers again for all encouragement guys it is very motivational :-)

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wish I had something insightful or useful to say, but I'm amazed by anyone who can do any level of sculpting. I'm really looking forward to seeing this project come along.
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast