Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The WAMP Monthly: February 2013 - Three Colours!

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Very cool, Nameless. ^^

BTW: For all those entering: upload your pics as you would normally, and post a link in this thread (if not the image too). I'll gather them all up for the voting thread at the end of the month. I'm not going to have a specific gallery for this, as that would interfere with putting it in the correct contest gallery, if the model is being entered in both.
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743

As a cheeky question, does a zenithal undercoat count as two of those colours? If the undercoat only counts as one, I'll have an entry done by the end of next week...

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries
    if you've completely covered the basecoat with opaque paint, then the undercoat doesn't count at all. if you're using translucent paint over the undercoat, then however many paints you used count. so, if you undercoat black, zenith white, and paint the eyeballs red, you've got three colours. if you undercoat black, zenith white, and drop the figure into a bucket of green housepaint, you've got one colour. hehe. ^^ make sense? it's pretty restrictive, i know, but you are allowed to mix those three together. so if you used red, yellow and blue, you can actually get quite a number of colours on the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by kdlynch View Post
    Very cool, Nameless. ^^
    cool indeed. cool and snowy ;)

Cow is a G.A.St. Art product and was painted with three Reaper MSP paints: Pure White, Pure Black and Carnage Red :)

5. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,invisibach,kdlynch
    I finished my entry last night! Why does February have to be the shortest month? I didn't think I was going to make it in time. Pictures will be up when I get home from work tonight.

More importantly though, what's the challenge for NEXT month?

Enigma Miniatures Vardiyin, in VMC German Camo Black Brown, VMC Deck Tan, and Reaper MSP Pale Violet Red.

Really fun challenge. Kind of liberating in a way. I think I'll do my next few minis in 3 or 4 colors. It easier to maintain a palette this way and makes me focus much more on what I'm doing with the paint rather than what color to mix in next.

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! kdlynch

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries
    I haven't had time to set up a poll of choices for March, so I'll pick a pretty generic one: Blues. Your choice whether the model is predominately blue/shades of blue (but you don't have to go monochromatic if you don't want), or if it's just singin' the blues. As long as it's obvious Blues, you're good to go. ^^ (Voting again by poll, will comments/critiques appreciated.) Proper March thread will go up Friday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12