Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrd Miniatures 2013

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Wyrd Miniatures 2013

Logo+Wyrd+Kickstarter.large.jpg

Time to get retro and hark back to the heady days of 2008.
    To set the mood lets relive the monster hit of the year:

Now we are all sitting here reminiscing over the good old days, lets also remember back to another major event of 2008. Wamp held its first ever sponsored contest. It was an event that would rewrite the history of miniature painting (well a little!) and help set Wamp on a path to world domination. That first contest was with a small but well loved company called Wyrd Miniatures and after a 4 year hiatus they are back on Wamp!!

Yes you heard right, lets get Wyrd!! In those four years Wamp has grown but so has Wyrd, a small game called Malifaux came into being and Wyrd has a new army of admirers the world over. This should be a great contest.

Apart from awesome minis and great gaming Wyrd do something else brilliantly and thats contest. They will be supplying us with a whole host of limted edition goodies and even some items never available to buy!!

Prizes:
    These will be announced shortly but they are special!!

There will be prizes for the top 5 places.

Deadline:
    24th march 2013 4pm(British Time)

(supporters deadline will be 31st march 2013 4pm (British Time)

Entries:
    You can enter anything you like as long as its suitably Wyrd! Single minis, groups, huge dioramas, anything you like as long as its new work (see the rules below)

The Rules

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 3500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
    • any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • You give Wamp and Wyrd Miniatures permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
    • Judging will be decided by public vote.
    • Submissions must be posted to the Contest Gallery You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload
    • All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
    • All entries must be Wyrd Miniatures (minor conversion are allowed)

Wyrd produce some awesome minis, lets welcome them back with an awesome contest!!
    Last edited by Darklord; 10-01-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Cathy,Demonn,jkn,kdlynch,NeatPete,Orki,vegascat,Vern
    I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Ah jea! That first Wyrd contest was how I stumbled onto WAMP. I ended up calling WAMP home after the release of Malifaux and the forum on Wyrd got hella cray-cray with all the newfound fans.

Looking forward to this contest for sure. Glad to see WAMP and WYRD back together!!!

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Two things:
    1) Worst video ever
    2) The year is now 2013

Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru
    another competition I can kick Pete's ass in
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

6. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Darklord,Endor,gr8bookworm,NeatPete,Orki,waghorn41
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    You hit like a girl.

8. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Darklord,Demonn,Endor,Jabberwocky,Orki

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    I'm in on this, so many models to choose from. I've got stuff I bought before the game came out and some of the new models too. Well, I've got to enter haven't I - I mean they put up with me and my Bloodbowl Orcs in Iron Painter...
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

10. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by waghorn41 View Post
    I'm in on this, so many models to choose from. I've got stuff I bought before the game came out and some of the new models too. Well, I've got to enter haven't I - I mean they put up with me and my Bloodbowl Orcs in Iron Painter...
    bbbbut..but.. they don't have BB orks in their range???
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Chief Cabana
    Very cool. I bought my first Malifaux figure over the holidays and he's already sitting primed on my work area. I'll make sure I get some paint on him once I finish all my projects for Wamped! III.

Plus seeing all of the other entries might help me figure out which Wyrd mini I want to add to my collection next. Oh, and I'll share this with my painting group and see if I can get a few of them to join in!

13. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru
    that would be awesome!
    I've already put the announcement on Wyrd and on my clubs forum...
    expect an onslaught of Cro painters (don't confuse us with Pro painters, though..)

Me on Putty&Paint

Hello there, im new to Wamp and my first WIP thread was for Puppet Wars so this looks like its up my street :)

Im still getting there with painting but at least it gives me a reason to paint :)

Take care
    Brian.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast