Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gakka's Kingdom Death

Blog Entries

Gakka's Kingdom Death

Sister Lucy recommended that I start a thread as well as updating my blog, I hope that this is an appropriate place.

I am lucky enough to have been able to get hold of almost the entire KD range now and will put the finished items here (while I wait for that massive Kickstarter box to arrive in November)

First up, the Illuminated Lady, I tried to keep as true to the art card as I could, I hope you enjoy.

Illuminated Lady1.jpg

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: jkn,Sister_Lucy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gakka View Post

I am lucky enough to have been able to get hold of almost the entire KD range now
    Show off! ;)

She is fantastic! I'm totally interested in knowing what colors you used and what she looks like in the day light compared to a normal miniature.

Blog Entries
    That shot is in the daylight! :) You would prefer to see against a lighter background ya mean? I can do that sure.

The skin is the result of a bazzilion layers of watered down washes, mainly old GW colors. Scorched Brown>Liche Purple>Bronzed Flesh>Elf Flesh>Vallejo Ivory> and then Vallejo Ivory and a GW yellow.

Glad you like it /:)

That is great. So atmospheric, it reminds me of a traditional oil painting somehow.
    Are you saying Grade A, or Grey Day?

Blog Entries
    Ja, I think it's because I was trying to recreate the art card that comes with the minis. The resin was really great to work with, so many little details.

Voting links here if anyone would like to rate: http://www.wampforum.com/gallery/ind...o=rate&id=2124
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/321919?browseid=3912291

Think its pretty much "the best" I can do, I will be trying to learn more as I go so I can get out of the "7" range on CMON, its pretty tough!

I really like the mood you set with this piece. well done!
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Blog Entries
    Many thanks for looking. Some bases from Scibor just arrived (The "Face Bases" very much in-keeping with KD) I hope to get the next model onto one of these!

Speaking of the next model, is there anything people would like to see? I was thinking either the Male Great Game Hunter, White Speaker Nico or the Pin Up Survivor.

Blog Entries
    This one is meant as a gaming piece rather than a display piece so I don't expect much feedback, just wanted to share for the sake of being "complete" with the collections of models.

kingsmen.jpg

Blog Entries
    Thought I'd better get some practice painting White Speakers before my Ladder Match with Sister Lucy :)

nico1.jpg

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Your "gaming" level piece looks really great. You're a talented guy.
    Overly obsessed with: Perry Samurai, Red Box Games Dwarves, Ral Partha, and Dragons.

12. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Gakka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast