Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reaper miniatures Painting Contest 2012 - Results

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Reaper miniatures Painting Contest 2012 - Results

Our inaugural Reaper contest has come to a close and its been a great one. We have seen everything from evil necromancers to frogs! Sculpts filled with character that have really encouraged you all to have a go and there's some lovely paint jobs in there.
    But alas we have to take just 3 from the field of 28 and put these worthy winners on a pedestal.

Its been a very tight contest with 2 entries neck and neck for days (indeed the voting was extended until we found an outright winner!) So winning by just a single vote, the Reaper Champion 2012 is...........

Werewolf!
    with his Barbarian:

Congratulations to Werewolf who is rewarded with $75 worth of Reaper goodies for his trouble.

Coming in a very close 2nd is a stalwart of these contest and that is........

Brushmistress

Just a single vote was the difference for her Necromancer not taking the top honours. A well earned $50 bag of booty is coming your way Jess.

(It must be noted that Brushmistress also came 3rd in the voting with her Callie entry but under the rules only one prize is awarded.

So nabbing that final spot on the podium is......

Mamageek with Lanura Windsong. So Joy earns herself a tidy $25 bag of goodies.

( a note to also mention Mamageeks other entry and also Landreth who were just a single vote off 3rd place)

Congratulations to our winners who were well deserved, the usual thanks go out to every one that took the time to enter, vote or comment. I know a lot of new faces popped over from the Reaper Boards for this so I hope some of you stick around!
    Thanks to Reaper Miniatures themselves, especially Ed. This was a new contest and one I hope we will see return next year as its been a lot of fun. If you haven't had the chance to paint a Reaper mini I encourage you to give it a go, they are beautiful pieces. You can find them here:

Reaper Miniatures

If you wish to see all the entries you can do so here:

Reaper entries

I would encourage you to pop over and have a look, maybe even leave a comment if you like, I know the contestants appreciate it.

Winners can you pm me your details please,

I have uploaded these to our Facebook page, if winners are on there could you pop on and tag yourself on your photos? (got you jess already)

cheers

Brett
    Last edited by Darklord; 10-12-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,MamaGeek,NeatPete
    Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru
    Congrats to the winners! well done all!
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! MamaGeek
    I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Congrats winners!

Many thanks to Reaper and WAMP for the great contest! Hope to see another one next year.

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! MamaGeek
    Thanks Brett! Again, I'm completely surprised at taking a place, and thrilled as well! Congrats to MamaGeek and Werewolf for your kick arse entries!

Many thanks to all who entered & voted, Reaper for their support, and for WAMP for again being a wonderful forum!

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! MamaGeek
    Gratz to all the winners :)

What happened with the voting thread?
    Tesla > Edison http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

"Just because someone's a member of an ethnic minority doesn't mean they're not a nasty small-minded little jerk [...]" -- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

Visit my blog at: http://adary-miniatures.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    Tommie will be painting it entirely using a single hair taken from the buttocks of a Peruvian lesser spotted vampire hamster attached to his left ear lobe.

10. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! MamaGeek

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adary View Post
    Gratz to all the winners :)

What happened with the voting thread?

Jeeze you guys dont give me 5 minutes!! Check again buddy
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to the winners and well done to everyone that entered!

In all honesty, it was really tough to narrow it down to just three choices, there were so many wonderful pieces.
    To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

13. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! MamaGeek
    Congratulations to all the winners! It was definitely tough to narrow it down to three...

15. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! MamaGeek

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations Werewolf, Brushmistress, and MamaGeek. Fabulous job done by everyone who entered! ^^
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743

17. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! MamaGeek
    Congrats to all the worthy winners. What a great competition. I must say that apart from the fun element it's a fantastic way to challenge yourself and push your own boundaries. Roll on KD :)
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

19. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! MamaGeek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast