Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamped! III

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries

Wamped! III

Logo.jpg
    Returning for its third year in a row, it’s time, once more for our famous end of year, multi-sponsor painting contest, WAMPED. The WAMPED contest is the best way to sign off the year and try and bag yourself a heap load of goodies in the process.

Due to other numerous commitments on Brett’s part I have been asked to organise this and I hope to make it a great experience for you. WAMPED has two goals. The first is to spread the word about WAMP, to show painters what a cool place it is to hang out and to show manufacturers what we can do. The second is to bring new people into the fold, be it someone new to the hobby or a seasoned pro. The spread of prizes for this year will have something for everyone. We’ll have category prizes and spot prizes and not all of them go to the best paintjobs so there is no excuse for you not to enter.

Now I know there are only a so many hours in a day and we already have a pretty tight contest schedule so we’re allowing for that. This means that any miniature painted for a contest announced on WAMP between September (yes that’s the Reaper contest) and Christmas will be eligible for WAMPEDIII. That means you can dust of the old paintjob and implement those things highlighted from the feedback and improve on it, a second bite of the cherry so to speak.

Contest Time Line
    This year the contest will run from 1st October (today) until 6pm UK time on the Thursday 31st Jan 2013. WAMP subscribers get one extra week ending 6pm, UK time on Thursday 7th February 2013.

Prizes
    For reasons you’ll see we don’t have a finalised list of prizes but I’ll keep updating the prize list as and when information is given to me. Last year we had in total 111 entries which made WAMPED one of the biggest online contests ever and we want to improve on that number so I have dug deep and started to build a great list of sponsors, so far, I have confirmation from the following companies.

Figone.jpg Rosemary & Co.jpg MDP_3D-logo-version.png SW_Logo.png Logo-AM.png PNG-banner.jpg BushidoLogo006b.jpg Army_Painter_Logo_1.jpg
    I am also working hard to add more and more everyday so by the end of the contest I hope to have a huge prize list that will match the size of the contest and make it worthwhile for everyone to enter.

Categories
    • Fantasy: any number of miniatures up to 40mm size on a single display.
    • Sci-Fi: any number of miniatures up to 40mm size on a single display.
    • Historical: any number of miniatures up to 40mm size on a single display.
    • Steampunk: any number of miniatures up to 40mm size on a single display.
    • Large Scale: Anything over and including 40mm miniatures and busts regardless of genre.

We'll also have spot prizes for the most number of entries and best new comers.
    There will also be a "Best in Show" award which will be voted for separately and comprise of all the miniatures that placed 1st to 3rd in the above categories. The BOS Winner will have its own prize allocation as well as the prizes for winning a specific category.

Choosing a winner
    When the deadline is reached voting threads will be put up for each category. This will stay up for 15 days, after which category winners will be posted and those entered for best in show will be put up for another 15 days until we a finial winner. If there are any ties then organisers will each cast a vote until a winner is chosen.
    Every WAMP member is eligible to vote and each person has THREE votes. All three must be used and done at the same time. We’ll keep a close eye on this and any voter that doesn’t vote correctly will have their votes discounted.
    Painters who enter are also allowed to vote but NOT on their own miniature, that’s just a bit conceited and not how we roll

Rules (please read them, its amazing how many don't!!)
    • You must be a WAMP Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 4000 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this). Any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • All entries, new and old have to be for WAMP contests only. If they’ve been used elsewhere then they’ll be DQ’ed, the reason is below.
    • You give WAMP/Portal and any of the contest sponsors permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • You may post pictures of WIP’s or final shots both here and elsewhere.
    • Judging will be decided by public vote. Some spot prizes maybe awarded by sponsoring companies.
    • Submissions must be posted to the contest gallery which will be posted as soon as it's up. You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic up loader) or via edit pictures after upload. When uploading please fill out the image details fully, scale, manufacturer and most important title! If you have any problems here email any of the moderators and they'll help.

Final Word
    As you can see this is going to be a big contest and we hope as many people as possible enter. We think the sponsors have pulled out all the stops to make this worthwhile so we hope you’ll support them as much as they’re supporting this contest. If you have any issues then please feel free to pm me.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Darklord; 01-10-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Awards:
    Wamp Award

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,Endor,jkn,Lyn,NeatPete,Orki,Spectral Dragon
    Good luck to you too, Shane! That's some fine sponsors up there already mate. I'm sure you'll do a grand job of it. :)

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! shanerozzell

Super Wamp
    Sounds great! And a lot of time to get some entries in hopefully :)

One rule I did not understand:
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerozzell View Post
    Logo.jpg[SIZE=4][*]All entries, new and old have to be for WAMP contests only. If they’ve been used elsewhere then they’ll be DQ’ed, the reason is below.
    Makes perfect sense to me, and a very justified rule but I'm just wondering what is the reason, as I couldn't find it below ;)

Good luck with this Shane, and also to everyone planning to enter!

cool might just dust the brushes off for this. just a quick one shane the date for subscribers is wrong shouldnt it be feb not jan :)
    I dont need luck what i need is valium!

my blog http://ogreninjastudio.blogspot.com/

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Hubba Hubba
    This sounds great Shane! I'm looking forward to this. WAMPED always draws some really great work and sponsors. May try and get one in on each category. I just sent off payment on Friday for something totally different for me and I hope to be able to complete it for this. Thanks for making this a reality!

Wyrd bið ful aræd

Wamp Guru
    Lovely jobly!
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Quote Originally Posted by MaGie View Post
    Makes perfect sense to me, and a very justified rule but I'm just wondering what is the reason, as I couldn't find it below ;)
    I think it's due to the rule below it: 'You give WAMP/Portal and any of the contest sponsors permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).' If its been used before, it might have that rule applying to the previous contest. So non-WAMP contests would conflict.

I might try to enter this, I'll have to see what I put in my shipping crates or can sculpt in time, but each year I miss the contest and I don't want to again!
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2016 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 10 painted/sold, 15 bought/received
    Previous years: 2015 - 29/36

Cabana Boy
    Blog Entries
    This is the competition I have been waiting for! Hopefully I can find some to enter. Good job Shane!

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaGie View Post
    Sounds great! And a lot of time to get some entries in hopefully :)

One rule I did not understand:

Good luck with this Shane, and also to everyone planning to enter!
    It just causes a grey area if the images are going to be used by any of the companies for promotional reasons and we find they have been splashed all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by ogreninja View Post
    cool might just dust the brushes off for this. just a quick one shane the date for subscribers is wrong shouldnt it be feb not jan :)
    Spot on and fixed, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I think it's due to the rule below it: 'You give WAMP/Portal and any of the contest sponsors permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).' If its been used before, it might have that rule applying to the previous contest. So non-WAMP contests would conflict.
    !
    What he said

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Well I've got something I can enter in 4 of the 5 categories - nothing 'historical' in the pile , mainly hysterical wag stuff
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

13. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Endor

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast