Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonn's WIP stuffs

Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru

Demonn's WIP stuffs

to start this thread, my Wyrd plastic's arrived.

here are the photos of the boxes and it's contents:

and the Female Death Marshall next to Perdita for size comparison:

Awards:
    Activity Award
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: NeatPete,Normski
    Blog Entries
    Drool. I want Ten Thunder Archers. Still waiting for them to show up at either my regular online store or my regular brick-and-mortar.

Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    Drool. I want Ten Thunder Archers. Still waiting for them to show up at either my regular online store or my regular brick-and-mortar.
    have they been released yet? (I got mine durign Gencon)
    also, three models - 30 pieces in all! I'm not particularly looking forward to asembly. fortunatelly it's not Warhammer (fb or 40k) so I won't need 50 gazillion models but still...
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    30 pieces = 60 mould lines. Have fun with that buddy. Mine took me two days to get together. Primed em last night actually. They are sweet models, dont forget to leave tabs on the feet of the two.

Lemme know how those hats go together

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    and that line down the front of Yamaziko is horrid. Or should I say my GS skills are horrid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
    have they been released yet? (I got mine durign Gencon)
    I think I saw pictures associated with the announcement at GenCon, and then I saw nothing about them again ever since, until now. I think they were only available at GenCon, and their still making their way through the distribution channels. Of course, I haven't checked out the Wyrd store itself. I suppose I could buy them direct, if they're already available there. But I usually wait to see them on FRP Games, and it's been a much longer wait this time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
    ...three models - 30 pieces ...
    Eeg. My excitement just waned a little bit. I hate assembly. Especially fiddly bits, like Wyrd is known for.

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    If you hate assembly of fiddly bits, don't even think of getting the archerers. They don't quite fit together anyway so its a real "adventure" shaving off parts and dry fitting four tiny pieces at the same time trying to get them to look good.

Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru
    you're just messing with me because of our challenge! well it won't work!
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Me on Putty&Paint

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeatPete View Post
    If you hate assembly of fiddly bits, don't even think of getting the archerers. They don't quite fit together anyway so its a real "adventure" shaving off parts and dry fitting four tiny pieces at the same time trying to get them to look good.
    Thanks for the warning, Pete. I had my fill with the Hillbilly Gremlins. I'm going to wait and see these in person before I take the plunge. Or, better yet, how about you feature them for your next review for the next Portal?!

Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru
    here are my first thoughts on the new plastic by just looking at them (I haven't yet started removing them from sprues nor assembling them):

- details on the faces are good but less pronounced than on old metal models.
    - there are no sharp edges (or at least a small number) on the models themselves which may or may not be a good thing (will have to wait until I paint some), but everything seems a bit rounded which I guess won't be good for the gamers who like to spend minimum time painting by using drybrushing technique
    - I have a love/hate feelings toward the number of parts each model has. it's great 'cause it adds variety, but on the other hand twice/thrice the number of mold lines...
    - I wanted to write the fourth point, but it's all I have at this point...

EDIT:
    - fourth: there is no how-to-assemble plans with the models. It's ok for experienced hobbyists, but for the new ones it could prove to be a challenge, especially if you mix the parts of several models together...
    Last edited by Demonn; 20-09-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Me on Putty&Paint

13. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Shades

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast