Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: its quiet

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

its quiet

is it me or is it quiet these dyas - not just on here but other forums too?
    where are you all and what are you doing - ubie i dont wanna know what your doing!!

It's the start of the Labor Day weekend in the States ... unofficial end of summer, last of the kids start school Tuesday

me, I've been working on a base ... very detailed and also working on some real Witchcraft
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says " oh crap....she's awake!~

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    I'm working on my UM entry, everything done with a 0000 brush . very time consuming but I'm trying to do the mini justice. Coming along nicely if a bit slowly. I expect it to be my best effort yet.
    Some work to do in the house tomorrow then off on Sunday to Reading to visit my son who's just come back from a 3 week trip on the Trans-Siberian from Moscow to Beijing via Mongolia.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

You're right-it has been quiet. And other people have, like you say, said the same sort of thing on other forums as well.

Someone said it's probably because most everyone's away on holiday, but it's been going on (I think) for a few months, so I'm not too sure. Maybe people are having to work longer hours because of the way things are and don't have the time to sit on the computer when they get home, or can't be bothered when they get home?

Myself, I've quietened down a bit (not that I was THAT noisy!!!) because my laptop at home's totally tits and I can only get online when I'm actually at work...
    WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I FELL FROM GRACE? FROZEN HEART, AN EMPTY SPACE...

dl: ummmm nothing. just looking at some pics of you wearing only a wedding band. sadly its not turning me on.

p.s. the worst part is that the wedding band isnt on your fingers or toes.

Well, I too feel the sorta "quiet" even tho im not much of a forum guy. Waiting on friends to arrive so we can play some of rio grande's race to the galaxy. And tomorrow I'll be picking up my copy of space hulk. Don't really have specific plans for the mini's in it yet. I am just a board game nerd, so it was hard to pass up!

On the kingdom death side of things 38 mini's have sold so far! I think that's good? Right? I mean, considering the store isn't really "public" yet. That's 8 mini's more then my calculations based on bad marketing math. It's very exciting but i am sorta nervous about when I need to go to the post office and send 30 international packages! ugh!

Unrelated, but i missed a spot shaving... brb!
    http://www.adampoots.com/kd_website/...re-375x100.gif
    Boutique Horror Fantasy Board Game / High Quality Resin Miniatures for Painters & Collectors
    www.kingdom-death.com | Facebook Group | Twitter | Deviant Art

Blog Entries
    Hey, what the ****? I want some of your figs Poots!

I have been a little less active as I've been actively trying to put more time into painting vs. posting. There's been less super interesting threads on the forums I usually visit too. There was a good one on gun crap over on CMON I avoided, as it got a little retarded.

I could go for a good ole eFight. I should call up that idiot starks333. That guy sucks.

But painting wise I get up early and put in at least 45 min every day before work. I'm getting a lot more stuff on the commission end, but it IS begining to drain on me. The last 5 fig commission got to me, especially on the last couple.

I pretty much divvy my time up between here and CMON. I liked Wyrd, and there's still good people over there for sure, but it got a little TOO big for me after Malifaux hit the streets. Good for them, not a complaint at all, but it can be a little daunting with 400 unread posts at a go.
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

hey i started that one!!! lol... evildave was the one who kept beign an ass. i onjly posted at the end. thank god we allow guns in the united states.... he may shoot himself on accident. not fatal just a scratch. hehe

Blog Entries
    I still couldn't grasp people arguing that there's no problem showing up with a rifle to a town hall meeting. I mean, I take one to every job intereview and emplyment review, but that's different.

I had a really elaborate and thoughtful post on the ignorant nature of the American sense of entitlement about every damn thing. It's your right to eat 6 big mac's a day, it's your right to get free healthcare, it's your right to bring a gun and try to intimidate the politicians into believeing your viewpoint.

I was with you the whole way on that one, I just didn't want to chime in. I tend to get out of control when I get into those debates.
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

I had the interesting pleasure of getting to visit japan 2 weeks ago. It was quite a different experience then i had expected. We spent pretty much all our time in tokyo, didn't get a chance to visit kyoto or the country side. Just so much to do and see and very little time.

Culture wise, I really, really appreciate their attention to detail, their politeness and their SUPER CLEANLINESS. Some of the public bathrooms, in the train stations were not only cleaner then even my bathroom at home but also had expensive crazy toilets! Complete with seat warmers and butthole cleaning jet sprays. Along the wall were icon descriptions to pump hand sanitizer onto a wad of paper towel from the dispenser and clean the seat when you were done! I was also really moved by the incredible amount of independent business. Just so many, of all sorts, all doing things just a little bit different then everyone else. The attention to detail that goes into everything was just astonishing.

I also stumbled into a japanese games workshop... i didn't even know they had them there! I talked at length with the manager, whom is actually responsible for helping GW open there two stores. Japanese guy who happens to dabble with mini sculpting and is really into American culture and women!

The trade off of the super clean city and the politeness of course, is certainly this strange social pressure. Everyone needs to act and be a certain way all the time.

Although, it certainly would be pleasant to see sort of a halfway point between the super uptight japanese mind frame and the total "go **** yourself" American one.

Oh yah! We also randomly wandered into a cat cafe. Where for 10 bucks you could spend an hour playing with about a dozen award winning "show" cats all crazy expensive pure breeds. Included in the price was a free drink of your choice. Any drinks after that were per drink. ( I think free coffee tho ) Now, clearly this is something Americans could not have, because it would take just one asshole to ruin it for everyone.
    http://www.adampoots.com/kd_website/...re-375x100.gif
    Boutique Horror Fantasy Board Game / High Quality Resin Miniatures for Painters & Collectors
    www.kingdom-death.com | Facebook Group | Twitter | Deviant Art

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast