Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Howdy!

Howdy!

I don't actually say howdy much, but being that I live in Texas, I figured that was a good way to start things off.

Hi, my name is Jared. I've been a gamer all my life, and for a good chunk of that I have played wargames and tabletop RPGs. I've fallen off the wargaming band wagon for the last five years (coincides nicely with my son's formative years and lots of work turmoil, but that's really just an excuse not a reason).

Through it though, I've kept up my table top RPG games that I run. And it was through that I finally decided I wanted to try my hand at painting again. Thankfully, I just also put together a 'family craft room' in my home. Each of us (my wife, son, and I) have a place to do whatever strikes us, so I said to myself. Self, lets do some mini painting for your RPG. That has opened the flood gates, and so here I am.

My WIP Thread I started earlier today:
    http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=12787

And once I figure out my wife's Digital SLR, and mattecoat him, I'll post a gallery thread and get him up there too.

That's about all from me from Austin, Tx.

Cheers,
    Jared

welcome to WAMP!!! A family craft room sounds awesome! I might have to talk to my wife about this...

Awards:
    Posting AwardTop DogSociable AwardMost ReputableFrequent Poster

Hello Jared, welcome to WaMP.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
    Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    welcome to the wampness Jared
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition