Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pae vrs, vegascat - Monster: RESULTS

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries

pae vrs, vegascat - Monster: RESULTS

Ok folks it be votin' time! Just for painting in this. marks out of ten and comments welcomed and appreciated.

First up is pae's take on the theme.

Second we have vagascats entry.

Last edited by shanerozzell; 07-06-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Awards:
    Wamp Award

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: kdlynch,Orki
    Both minis have very coherent schemes, VC's basing is both more fitting and interesting, though Pae's painting is better with some nice blends there. VC's entry needs a bit more depth and once over to neaten up a bit.

VC - 6

Pae - 7.5

Destroyer of Ladders Super Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shane - Thanks for setting up the voting thread and Orki, thanks for the comments!

Holy hells, Pae's monster rocks!
    Last edited by vegascat; 07-06-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Round about the paint pot go. On the palette throw
    royal blue and blood red. Thirty-seven Days of Dread;
    Double, double toil and trouble; 
Fire burn, and paint pot bubble.
    - Wyrd 2011 Rotten Harvest Painting contest

Wait a minute my good man, what's this I see on the webcam? Vegascat sat huddled in a corner in a straightjacket gibbering. What's that you're trying to say? "I've been wagged" Really, well you loook ok to me. Poor demented soul, Wamp has finally taken its toll on his sanity. - Waghorn41

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

5. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! shanerozzell

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Tough call on this as both have their good and bad points
    Pae - nicely painted but I had to look hard to see the 'monster' as first impressions was that it seemed a cute little critter.

Vegascat - Some good touches and obviously a monster, some of the white areas could do with a little more blending, but white is not an easy colour to work with.

Scores:
    Pae 7
    Vegascat 6.5
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Awwww, they are both adorable!

Pae: great paintjob, though as someone else mentioned the base is rather lacking and doesn't seem to make sense for the creature in question.

Vegas: I actually love that white, it's gritty enough to look like fur and the subtlety of the shading adds to the mini in my opinion. No one thing catches my eye save that mouth which gives me the whole picture first then the details. You are definitely improving!
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Pae: 8.5 I really like the color choices and the blending on the tentacles. Scary beastie.

VC: 7.5 I dig the pose and the vibe. I'm looking for a little more variety within each color. Maybe use some washes that have higher contrast or use a different color altogether. Still, though, another scary beastie. Would love to see this standard on the tabletop.

Pae 7,5
    Nice blends! I otherwise agree with what's already mentioned.

Vegas 7,5
    Striking colour scheme and a great and scary bite! The white needs more shading to improve the depth and contrast.

Pae
    7.5 - Love the model choice. As already mentioned, nice blends & like the colour transitions. Maybe more could have been made of the below the jaws (although, that is more a personal choice)

vagascat
    7 - Another cool model. I particularly like how the mouth came out. I think the white skin could do with some more definition, or a least a little smoother blending.

Good job peeps

Blog Entries
    Nice one boys!

Pae - 9 Love it. Very nice set of colours.

Vegascat - 7. Good work on a difficult colour for the flesh of the beast. I think it needs a little more contrast as do the plates themselves.

Good work both!
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Pae - 8
    Very nice piece, base is a little barren for me but works okay with the mini if that's the effect you wanted. Lovely colour choices and well blended, overall very nice indeed.

Vegascat - 7
    Like the colour choices and the basing, I feel the white could do with a little more depth and the scales/plates could also do with a little more but overall a good piece.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
    Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast