Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Kyla, Bounty Hunter [Reaper]

Kyla, Bounty Hunter [Reaper]

She started as a speed paint job, I paused for a long time and want to get a fast come back by trying to do as much as possible winthin a weekend.
    The one thing I learn is, don't do that agian, it kinda ruined the mini in smal ways that would only show when it's nearly finish. And it always pay offs if I check carefully every steps along the way, like clearing flash lines, base coating plan (inner most first, small parts first, etc)...

more WIP shots: http://51-cent.blogspot.com/search/label/Kyla

better photo of her ...

Looking great vegel, although in my opinion the photos on the first post are actually better.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
    Looking great vegel, although in my opinion the photos on the first post are actually better.
    yea now that I look at it, yes, the first shot is a better shot, but back then there are bits that I haven't finished...

Destroyer of Ladders Super Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really like the colors you've chosen and the freehand on the scroll looks great. I was going to comment on the highlights (as in needing more) but I honestly can't tell from your pics to be honest. I'd like to see a back shot of the model and a clear shot of the face and eyes as it looks like you do a nice job on your eyes as well.
    Round about the paint pot go. On the palette throw
    royal blue and blood red. Thirty-seven Days of Dread;
    Double, double toil and trouble; 
Fire burn, and paint pot bubble.
    - Wyrd 2011 Rotten Harvest Painting contest

Wait a minute my good man, what's this I see on the webcam? Vegascat sat huddled in a corner in a straightjacket gibbering. What's that you're trying to say? "I've been wagged" Really, well you loook ok to me. Poor demented soul, Wamp has finally taken its toll on his sanity. - Waghorn41

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Yeah, top one looks like a softer shot and would have me rambling on about needing more highlights.

The bottom one is flooded with too much light and would have me rambling about shading in stronger.

A good example of how subjective pics can be, especially when we just plonk the mini down somewhere an get a quick snap of it.