Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Mini Painting Wiki

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Mini Painting Wiki

As most of you are aware Wamp is home to Minipaintingwiki.com a community driven project to try ad create a miniature related wiki that can contain valuable information on miniature painting and the surrounding hobby.

The wiki got off to a great start but floundered a little mainly due to me spreading my time to thin. This is something I have wanted to address and a few changes have been made to help with this.

Firstly I have appointed some new Wiki Moderators. I was orginally planning on one but had several great applications that I eventually went with 3. Ulgrimr was an existing Wiki mod and so is already familiar with the set up. Joining him are Parvus Machina and Spectral Dragon, both have a wealth of experience with Wikis and will really add to the team. All three have bags of enthusiasm for the prject which helps so much. I want to welcome them on board and say thankyou for joining the Wamp team.

We have already been discussing how best to push the Wiki forward and some of those changes are already in place, some of which I can now reveal.

One thing we have put into place is a dedicated email address for the wiki email wiki the primary aim for this is a way for people to provide content. While we welcome users adding their own content directly I realised many people couldn't or wouldn't and it seemed a shame to have all this content in peoples heads but couldn't utilise it. So now you can email us info and we will add the content. We all now so much about the hobby , more than we probably realise!! I am sure we all could write a paragraph about a needle file, or a well renowned painter or sculptor, maybe a bit about Warmachine or a mini company or event, If every Wamper wrote a single page (just 1 page) we would have 1800 new pages!!!

We will over time start to make appeals for specific informations as we will try and focus each month on a certain area of the wiki, so one month we may want info about paintbrushes or techniques, the next month may be information on conventions and shows, the month after game systems.

in the meantime we welcome any and all information you can provide on anything hobby related. You can add it directly yourself or email us the info and we'll add it in.

Another thing I have brought in to try and promote the wiki to the wider community is by setting up social pages for the wiki, both on facebook and on google+
    If you use either of these it would be really appreciated if you could like or add this to your profile and help spread the word. You can find them here:
    Facebook page
    Google+ page

I am also looking into the possibility of twitter updates of new content but in the meantime you can see the latest wiki updates on the wamp homepage in the sidebar widget.

The wiki can be a great resource for us all, not just on Wamp but the whole mini painting community. Wamp does so well at nurtering beginner painters, how great would it be for those to have all that information to hand. I am sure most of us have at some point wanted to know something we thought silly, like what the heck is a drybrush or what does NMM stand for, we probably would write a post asking so the Wiki offers a way to glean that information as well as provide more that we probably didn't even realise we could use!!

I really believe in the Wamp community, I think its the most helpful and friendly miniature painting community (though I may be biased!!0 and I think we could pull together with this project and really make something great that we all can benefit from.

So if you want to help out please do so. Even if you just have a spare 5 minutes during your coffee break, drop us an email with a paragraph or two on a mini company you like or convention, it doesn't have to be 10 pages of technical information on paint opacity (though that too is welcomed) We all have valuable info in our heads, even the beginners amongst us so why not share that knowledge and help us build something awesome!!

To send us content click this email link:

Mini Painting Wiki Content Submission
    Last edited by Darklord; 21-05-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: kdlynch,LOBO,piratemama,Spectral Dragon

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    I mispelt the facebook url so if you tried it and it wasnt working I apologise. it is working now!

4. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Spectral Dragon,Ulfgrimr

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    I have now configured the Wiki so that any new content will be available via our Wamp twitter feed making it even more accessible. to sign up to our twitter feed simply click the twitter icon at the top of the page or via Twitter

6. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: piratemama,Ulfgrimr