Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Prisoner

Flockwit

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries

The Prisoner

You are Number 6!

Prisoner.jpg

Painted for the recent mini exchange thing and now currently residing somewhere in the US with Mr. Bloodthorn. The "egg chair" is a recurrent theme in the TV programme, usually seating Number 2, so I thought it would be a cool way to display a mini. It's made from a hollow plastic egg (they come in packs of 10 so I have plenty more for future projects) with the front filed off on a belt sander. Unfortunately it does make lighting the piece for a photo rather difficult, hence the glare. I tried to give him a very shadowed brow to make him look as much like Patrick McGoohan as possible although I don't think I've got the hair quite the right colour as it looks different depending on what photo you look at.

Be seeing you...
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Bloodthorn,Cubster,NeatPete,shanerozzell,Ulfgrimr,Vern
    That's a good display idea and it comes off well. Good stuff.

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Undave
    Really nice work.
    Are you saying Grade A, or Grey Day?

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Undave

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Undave
    I like to French Kiss Racoons

Wamp Apostle
    Nice one Vern!

10. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Undave
    Nice mini and really good idea to present it this way, think your shadowed brow works as well.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
    Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

12. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Undave
    Flockwit

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeatPete View Post
    Nice one Vern!
    Eh?
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."

I really enjoy having this in my home, with the small exception that it makes all the ones I have painted look like crap! Fantastic job here Dave and thank you again!

15. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Undave
    Great idea, & very nicely executed !
    A pity we catch a glimpse of the mini's base inside the egg ... everything else is so well-thought, this may be the only detail that's bothering me.

I'm usually very sad when I think about "The Prisonner".
    I had rather weird childhood remembers about this show, so I wanted to watch it again, about 30 years later ... and I understood why I had been so puzzled as a child -XD-
    Then, the day I watched the last episode, as if it was some sort of ultimate mockery at my confusion, Mr McGoohan passed away.
    Tell me about odd !!

Heard there was a re-imagined version of the series ... word is it is rather bad.
    Can someone confirm ?
    Last edited by XUR; 22-05-2012 at 03:48 AM.

17. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Undave
    Flockwit

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XUR View Post
    A pity we catch a glimpse of the mini's base inside the egg ... everything else is so well-thought, this may be the only detail that's bothering me.

Heard there was a re-imagined version of the series ... word is it is rather bad.
    Can someone confirm ?
    The new series certainly isn't the original so it falls into the trap of most re-makes in that you're always comparing it to the original. If the original hadn't existed it wouldn't have been too bad I suppose.

Unfortunately you can't see what's on the figure's base as I was rather pressed for time and only managed to get a few shots before I had to post him. Perhaps Bloodthorn can get a top down shot?
    Awards:
    Top Referrer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast