Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamp Global Speed Paint Day: WAMP Monthly?

Blog Entries

Wamp Global Speed Paint Day: WAMP Monthly?

I miss the WAMP monthly. It was our themed contest that was run just for giggles. No prizes to be found other than pride! I'd like to get it going again and would volunteer to coordinate it if there's interest.

Megazord-Man just posted up a thread where he took a mini that was based, prepped, and primed and painted it start to finish in 4 hrs. I think this is a pretty good way to get the ball rolling again onthe WAMP monthly even if it's not a far out there theme. If it's cool with DL and the WAMP mod team maybe we can post up here to see if there is interest enough in ressurecting this thingy. the monthly and the WAMP ladder were big reasons for me joining WAMP so I'd love to see them both up and active.
    Last edited by shanerozzell; 02-05-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: title change
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Ok I'll run it if that's okay?
    We can do this live if you want. Set a start time and a finish time, add 30 mins to take pics and upload, then I'll open it out to a poll vote for 48 hours and we'll get a winner!

Add your name to the list below if you want to take part. I reckon no more than 15 entries to start off with. Once we have a entry list we'll work out a date for it. Wow! a live, internet based, speed painting contest!

Blog Entries
    Live is a toughie Shane. 'Cause Wamp is from all corners of the globe now. But I am in for sure!
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion

Flockwit

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    You could always pick a time and then start when it reaches that point in your particular time zone. That way folks in So-Cal would start off 8 hours after the UK crowd. It'd still be live, just staggered. Doing that would also allow those participating to join in the fun of seeing events from other time zones as they happen.

Edit: It would be really cool if you had to take and post a quick WIP pic every hour to show progress.
    Last edited by Undave; 30-04-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Blog Entries
    I like the live idea, and I'll try to fanaggle it no matter what. My thought was just to let people pick their own 4 hour slot based on their schedules though. I'm in no matter what though.
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion

Flockwit

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    That would work too as long as they give prior notice of their intended start time.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    I'm kind of liking a live contest and everyone painting at the same time. I also like the hourly WIP updates. Look end of the day, sign up if you're interested, once we have a good number of entries we can haggle about the time. I don't mind doing it stupid o'clock in the morning to fit in with everyone else as long as there is a bit of give and take from everyone one else on the time slot. I just think it would be good that we're from all over the world and all painting at the same time for the same contest to become The WAMP World Champion Speed Painter! (WWCSP=Win!)

Flockwit

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    I'll officially sign up then (and I'll sign Scott up too):

1. Scott Radom
    2. Undave

I liked the staggered thing because it would allow the other participants to cheer on/heckle their competitors which we wouldn't be able to do if we were all painting simultaneously. That way it would also make it a whole day event, Wamp Global Speed Painting Day or WGSPD (pronounced wugspud!)
    Awards:
    Top Referrer

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Come on peeps sign up and enter to be in with a chance to be named The WAMP World Champion Speed Painter or WUGSPUD if you so desire!

Flockwit

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    It might be an idea to rename the thread to something more appropriate.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast