Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Imperial Death Cult Assassin and Necron Immortal

Imperial Death Cult Assassin and Necron Immortal

Finished up these two today and am happy with them. Uploading them to the gallery after this thread. Any Q&C is much appreciated.
    http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/in...o=rate&id=1241

http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/in...o=rate&id=1240

Very happy with the cartoon cloak and the dynamic true metallic. Mix of oils and acrylic on the necron BTW.

EDIT: up in the gallery now!
    Last edited by Spectral Dragon; 27-04-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Like I said in the other thread, I really like the shininess of the cloak. It looks nice and silky. :)

Consider it stolen. :P
    Last edited by Orki; 26-04-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Debating on putting that cloak into an article actually. Seems to be catching a lot of interest.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .

Any criticism would be much appreciated. As I'm sure most of you know I am trying to improve.

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Needs moar plaid!

On mr.necron, the red on the gun isn't working for me. it's too dark to be 'lit', and not shaded enough to not be, especially in comparison to the round metal thingies directly behind on the weapon. Almost the same for the weapon 'nozzle-tip'... on the top, it's not as highlighted as the round metal thingies. This could be a trick of the light in the photo of course. I do like the colour choices you've gone with.

For mr.assassassassassin, the cloak came out quite nicely, especially for the mix of mediums you've used. The writing on the bottom edge doesn't match up though... probably the easier way to have done this is by doing a stripe across the bottom, and the letters on that, which would have helped keep them in the same scale with each other. for example, the first "MOR" has a gap between them and the cloak bottom, whereas several other letters go right to the bottom. lettering is not easy, however, and usually ends up with a lot of reattempts to get it to look nice & neat. squaring the letters with the bottom of the cloak would also help prevent the odd appearing 'leaning' of the letters... MOR all appear to be... italicized, where as the IS in the right of the 2nd pic in comparison look backwards leaning (though i'm betting that's an illusion caused by the rest being italicized).

Given how bright you've gone with the upper highlights on the cloak, you probably should have gone brighter with the highlights on the top of the skin as well, especially his bald head. :)

Also, it appears he has some gizmo in his right eyeball... but, at least in these shots, it appears to be the same fleshtone as the rest of the face. A different colour would help the seperation there.
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Spectral Dragon