Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: C&C needed on my OSL

C&C needed on my OSL

As the thread title states, I need some good comments on the OSL for this mini. This is only the second mini I've ever done OSL on. I think I did a pretty good job; I feel like the contrast has been pushed enough, but I want some expert feedback so I can do even better on the other 4 minis that make up this commission.

Also, the foum is shrinking my pic for some unknown reason, so click to see the full size. This mini is ~ 28mm... I think.

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see where the light is coming from to be able to judge if it looks right or not.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

putting it on the base and adding a shadow for direction might help.

The first picture in the montage (far left) is looking at the mini as the light source.
    http://www.stonetowerminiatures.com/.../ST_banner.gif

This Writer's Journey

If wishes were fished we'd all cast nets. - Gurney Halleck

Not done much OSL, so can't really comment - I tend to look at artists work for inspiration though. Try a Google search of Caravaggio or, my personal favourite, 'The Dice Players' by Georges De La Tour (1593-1652)

The original is in Stockton-on-Tees!

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    hmm my arch nemesis OSL!! the key apparently with osl is in the shadows . the shadows are as important as the lit areas otherwise you dont get the contrast. knowing the context of the osl will help please
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

I always find a dark background helps pick out OSL alot more and in general OSL shows more an environment then a single figure if that makes any sense. You need to put the model in context with the light source. At least that's my approach to it.