Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ark Mechanicus WIP

Ark Mechanicus WIP

Hey guys,

I have started a Salute entry, so figured I should get a WIP log up, maybe someone would be kind enough to share some feedback.

Not much done as yet, took me ages to settle on a concept, but now I'm going with Adept Nemo from PP:

So far I've only started on the head and he needs more highlights on the hair and obviously the glasses aren't done..

Scale shot on a cork:

I'd love any feedback, but understand I might need to actually do a bit more painting before I'm at a stage where you can give it!

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! AKBSculpting
    I love the door! how are you going to get a brush in that crack in the floor though?

The head looks like the paint is a bit thick, then again that could be the photo though.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Thanks SD, not exactly sure how the brush is gonna get down there, black magic and pixies I suppose

Made some progress, but got a lot more to do, a little disapointed with the casting in places/ my inability to fix it.

Sorry for the slightly yellow photos, I've got to get a daylight lamp! The background fades to white.

I worked a bit more on the metallics today, highlighting them, still need to shade them a bit more. Also tried to fix the cloth a bit. Tried to give it a little bit of texture in the highlights.

After taking these pictures I dropped the mini, and being metal it put a nice big chip in the top [sad] [sad] [sad]

At least the photos look better in natural light!

Shaping up nicely :)

Ever figure out which pixies to hire? I might suggest just doing a general layer of some color down there, washing it then perhaps trying the new GW drybrushes?
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Loving that base man! Look forward to more.
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Thanks guys, desperatly trying to get this finished for Saturday, but got a lot on this week.. Started some freehand, which I'm rubbish at so am fairly pleased with how it's going so far, though it needs some tidying up still, base is nearly complete now.

I've worked out why the paint look too thick as well.. in a stupid moment I thought it was a good idea to use liquid greenstuff literally *everywhere* to try and level the surface finish a bit. Chump move, I've realised now I just made the paint look too thick!

9. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! AKBSculpting
    Lookin great! cant wait to see the final outcome :D

The paintjob on the base really brought it to life.

Thanks dude! Great to see so many amazing paint jobs in the flesh at Salute.

Some pics of my finished thing:

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast