Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DarkSword Miniatures 2012 Painting Contest

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

DarkSword Miniatures 2012 Painting Contest

mfg_72.jpg

It's time to welcome back DarkSword Miniatures to Wamp as they return for their second year, and we have something pretty special lined up for you this time.

This years contest will focus on the George R.R. Martin Masterworks Range that most of you will know from the excellent Song of Ice and Fire books and the Game of Thrones TV Series.

For the contest there are some cracking prizes on offer from DarkSword:

• 1st Place - $200 in Dark Sword On-line Store Credit
    • 2nd Place - $100 in Dark Sword On-line Store Credit
    • 3rd Place - $50 in Dark Sword On-line Store Credit
    • 4th Place - $25 in Dark Sword On-line Store Credit
    • Honourable Mention - $25 in Dark Sword On-line Store Credit

All entries must be from the George R.R. Martin Masterworks range and as a special treat we have lined up the perfect person to judge the entries........

George R.R. Martin
    himself!

That's right the very man that created the Westeros world and the books and TV series based on it will be judging your work. George is a fan of miniatures and has an extensive collection painted by some of the foremost artists around. George is always on the look out for new painters so this is a great opportunity to impress the man himself!

Deadline for entries will be 4pm 24th May 2012

Supporters deadline is 4pm 31st May 2012

A few rules:

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • Images must be no larger than 800 pixels wide by 2500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
    • any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
    • You give Wamp and DarkSword Miniatures permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
    • Judging will be decided by George RR Martin.
    • Submissions must be posted to the contest gallery You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload
    Last edited by Darklord; 03-04-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Gallery is now available for this folks

Oh, wow. This is great, just plain awesome :). I LOVE his books, I love the TV-Series, I love painting minatures and I have two weeks of holidays ahead of me. Great timing. Thanks alot :).

Hmmm I'm tempted to buy a mini just to enter this. Been hankering after a few of the dark sword dragons..

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Other than "Daenerys with Newborn Dragons", I'm not sure there are any other dragons in the George RR Martin series as of yet.
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743

Super Wamp
    I'm incredibly excited about this contest :)
    Game of Thrones is a wonderful book series, and I also really like the TV series! It's really great that George RR Martin himself will do the judging, that will certainly raise the bar I presume.
    Personally, I have planned a little diorama for this contest and I hope it will turn out the way it looks in my mind!

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaGie View Post
    I'm incredibly excited about this contest :)
    Me too, was one of my favourites from last year and will be great to hear what George thinks - he commission miniatures so knows his way around them

I'm probably going to have an entry or two for this one as well. Hell, looking at the sponsors for this year, it's possible that I have something entered in all of the contests. That's assuming I can keep myself motivated.

I think I'm gonna skip this one. Don't have any mini of that specific Darksword range (expect for already painted Cersei) and don't really feel like getting one.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast