Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega's menagerie of miniature madness

Mega!! I think he is too Blue?? he may look different off camera but on the camera he is very Blue!! would a lighter greyer tone change how you feel? zombies generally do still retain a bit of flesh tone " well the ones Ive been chased by have lol" I think if it was me painting that then I would have less blue area and bring the flesh tones in more??

But thats just me???

Super Wamp
    I'm not sure that just you Normski, pretty much share the same thoughts myself. What's odd at the moment is that the base colour is pretty much flesh grey colour and its only the shadows blue appears, well apart from his legs.

I'm going to push on mind you as I hope some of the final stages will pull it all together, but I guess I'll put this one down as an experiment if it still looks odd at the end.

the Crocs ain't exactly pink, but thank you for painting it the way you have
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

You Paint really well Mega!! Im sure ya will pull this around to your liking!! once ya have dirtied up the clothes a little maybe the Skin tones wont look so different?? Im keeping an eye on this because skin tones alive or dead arnt my best painting tasks!! so wanting to see where this goes!! keep going Im sure ya will knock out another cool mini!!

I would totally put it down for a while mega if you can afford to do this (non commission). Theres NO question you will make it look amazing, but if you aren't enjoying it, put it away until your creatiity and zest to see it completed return.
    I like the look you are going for, im sure I saw him at McDonalds last few Saturdays!

It will be difficult to make those blues work in harmony but I have faith in ya and patience :)
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

I hate to say it John, but your palette is just... off. :(

Experimenting is all good (essential in fact for personal growth of course), but it seems like you're painting uphill with this guy. The colour choices are all over the place, and really need to be refined if you want to learn, and progress with this one. I see many painters make bad decisions and doggedly stick with them, and I think this guy serves as a lesson in learning to adapt. By all means, push onwards with him, but don't be afraid to spray it black if it comes to it.

Otherwise known as going to plan B. :P

Super Wamp
    Having enjoyed the most recent episode of the walking dead I'm slowly plugging away trying to fix those wrongs - I've completely repainted his trousers and removed any trace of red, we're firmly in the purple now. Finally I'm felling progress is being made. I'm sure the colour isn't for everyone, but in the hand I'm finally starting feel happy. His right leg has only had a base coat so hasn't been worked upon yet.

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! DeafNala
    Well persevered, I have a bust I feel awful about and it's been about a year and counting! I confess to loving the colour scheme because in R/l I had those shoes and um may still have those trousers :P
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

Super Wamp
    Here's the latest stage - still got to work more on the skin though.

12. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! DeafNala

Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast