Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatars of War Painting Contest 2012

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Avatars of War Painting Contest 2012

Back for its fourth year, Avatars of War is the longest running Wamp Special and it's always a great contest. They provide some fantastic miniatures to tempt you to paint and the range gets bigger each year.

Prizes:

To really tempt you we shall be offering up a lovely selection of miniatures for some lucky winners. details of the exact prizes will be announced in due course.

The Deadline for entries will be 3pm Monday 23rd April 2012
    (Supporters deadline will be 3pm Monday 30th April 2012 (GMT))

The rules:

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • Images must be no larger than 800 pixels wide by 2500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
    • any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
    • You give Wamp and Avatars of War permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
    • Judging will be decided by public vote.
    • Submissions must be posted to the Contest Gallery You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload

You may enter a single miniature,diorama full 300 piece battle scene - whatever you like as long as its inherently Avatars of War.

Please folks make sure you read the rules (especially the new work one!!)

I know there have been issues with prizes been delayed in the previous contest. I have asked for the prizes to be sent to me and I shall send them out to the winners.

So there you are folks. Avatars of War are great mini's to paint so hopefully we can get a good turn out once again and surpass the 16 entries we got last year.

As always any questions feel free to contact me.

thanks

Brett
    Last edited by Darklord; 24-02-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Can we enter stuff into the AoW comp gallery from now on then?

I only ask as i've got a few AoW minis on the desk waiting for some love as we speak, and I will need to upload them into the gallery here first as usual I guess? I know it's a bit early and all that, but it will make a nice change for me not to be sweating away at the last minute!

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orki View Post
    Can we enter stuff into the AoW comp gallery from now on then?

I only ask as i've got a few AoW minis on the desk waiting for some love as we speak, and I will need to upload them into the gallery here first as usual I guess? I know it's a bit early and all that, but it will make a nice change for me not to be sweating away at the last minute!
    I havent set it up yet mate, gimme a few days if thats ok. if your desperate to show them elsewhere before then, then go ahead just this once

Nah that's cool mate. There's no real rush here to get them online immediately tbh, but they will be finished up as soon as my Wamped stuff is out the way, and as they are for a commission i've a funny feeling the client will want to show them off as soon as he gets the pics.

I just wanted to check if there was a start date of sorts for entries really that's all. In yer own time, Brett. :)

Cheers!

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, sure I've got an AoW mini around somewhere
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

a new AOW Chaos lord just released!
    Awards:
    Posting AwardTop DogSociable AwardMost ReputableFrequent Poster

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Ok folks, this contest will see us using the new gallery for contest hosting. To enter your piece simply upload to the new gallery as normal. You will find a new option in the photo details, simply select the Avatars of War option. This option can be selected either during upload (if you use the basic uploader) or afterwards by clicking 'edit' in the 'my pictures' area

Looking for one get inspired by, I've gotta make a paint order for me and a friend who's getting started painting and some "Car" themed stuff. Just not sure which one yet, nothing is popping out at me .

Just stripped my Dwarf Thunderlord and bought a display base for him. Working on his cloak now. So far so good there just not sure how well I can photograph him.

This time I am going to take full advantage of the time limit and really take my time to do everything as perfect as I can. I have really only done this with one mini before. We will see how this goes. Got a lot of ideas running around in my head about how to make every brush stroke count.

Anyway, thank you AoW and DL for this contest.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Not sure I can enter this one this year. Had a blast doing it last year though, two of my best ever in terms of feel and experimental successes! Hope everyone else has a laugh with it and enjoys themselves! (of course, if anyone has an AoW mini going free, that'd probably change my tune :P)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast