Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your painted miniatures?

Hybrid View

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

What do you do with your painted miniatures?

Unfortunately all mine get sold but I wondered whether you just chuck them in a box forever or maybe you have a room full of display cabinets?
    Last edited by Darklord; 03-02-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries
    mine, the previous painteds not currently in use for gaming, are stored in tackle box trays in a cabinet. I'm still looking for a suitable (and inexpensive) glass display case to put in the living room for them. :)
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743

Mantic minis come in a wonderful cassette case that has foam in, for storage after you've painted them, so a lot of them are inthere- I have a couple of display cabinets for my other stuff- but we're decorating, so everything in a box at the moment ;) Hopefully getting new wall mounted cabinets soon ;)

I have mine in a glass display cabinet and some are also at my local game shop in their display cabinet.

See, I used to have stuff in the local GW cabinet (probably still do) but most of it came home with me when I left the company. And I think I've probably sold most of those pieces now anyway!!! ;)

not got that many painted minis. kept swapping ones i'd finished with a friend on mine who gamed with em. got a shoe box full of nearly finished miniatures. most just need basing,

was actually planning to make myself a little display to sit em on. some kind of forest edge scene with a standing stone circle i think. will take me a while o get al the bits i need for it though.

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    I change my dioramas out with the seasons on various countertops. The minis I keep in a nice mirrored back display case mounted on my wall. My g/f got it for me for my b day one year. Its for displaying shot glasses. Not too deep, but perfect size for minis and you can adjusst the number and height of the shelves. <$200. I want a bigger sqaure type one for dios and dragons though. Ikea has em for pretty cheap.

This is the one I have currently:

NeatPete the Glass Ikea one is what I use, I also use Acrylic Risers on the shelves as well since they are so far apart and there is a lot of wasted space in them.

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries
    that answers one of my questions about the Ikeas... the other being how easy would it be to light it.
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743

Quote Originally Posted by kdlynch View Post
    that answers one of my questions about the Ikeas... the other being how easy would it be to light it.
    It has a spot for a small light at the top you just have to buy it on it's own. I never bought it. Since it's a glass case and gets plenty of light from the room lighting. Also if you fill the top shelf up the light won't penetrate past it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast