While I lost some time this week to illness and several family events, I still made some progress here and there. Currently, these are all the minis seeing activity and their status:
Sedition Wars: 28 Vanguard troopers, 6 small A.I. Drone Tanks, 2 large A.I. Drone Tanks and 1 Kara in Gnosis Armor - roughly 40% done, up through grey basecoat on armor. Separate bases are about 70% done.
Sedition Wars: 22 various Strain Revenants - about 30% done, up through greyish green
Updated 29-09-2014 at 02:45 AM by GreyHorde
After gumming up and cleaning my new airbrush several times over the last couple of weeks, plus nearly a week away from actual painting for travel, I think I finally figured it out and have progress to report.
Last week - avoiding the airbrush, I rattle-can black-primed some Malifaux and Sedition Wars (Strain) models.
Last night - thinned Minitaire white 'airbrush ready' paint way down with distilled water, slow-dri and flow improver. Cranked up the air pressure and set
Slightly before joining the 6-Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge – and deciding that from now on the 6MMRPC acronym will suffice – I took a good look at my Good Intentions Queue and determined to knock out a big chunk of it by 12/31/2014. How big a chunk? 221 pieces, projects or minis. What, what?!? 221 items by 12/31…sorry, that's 31/12/14 for those who drive on the 'wrong' side of the road … may not be a truly huge number or a short time span for the heavy-hitter army
Updated 08-09-2014 at 06:10 AM by GreyHorde
I have been almost obsessively prepping minis for the past couple of weeks, mainly Sedition Wars and some Malifaux. Maybe learning to airbrush primer and main basecoat, and being given a new airbrush, changed my approach. By September 1, I felt it was time to challenge myself, really push to paint as many models as possible by the end of 2014.
I mentioned it to Bloodthorn and he suggested I look into the 6-Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge, as Chris' Miniature Woes
Yesterday, I finished the Dark Sword amazon. The result is okay, not great; I suppose that means I may have raised my expectations a bit, however unintentionally. Or maybe the sculpt demanded more precision with larger 'cloth' and skin areas needing smooth blending, smaller details, greenstuff for the hair, etc. Either way, I spent a little too much time on it and started to get slightly tired of working on it, but at least it's finished and off my table.
I also picked Carinth