PDA

View Full Version : Redbox Games 2011 - The Results

Darklord
22-12-2011, 06:50 PM
http://ph.warpathgames.com/categories/mfg_466.jpg

Well the last contest of an action packed 2011 has come to a close and another cracker it has been. Once again Redbox miniatures have been painted within an inch of their lives to create some stunning entries.

Redbox sculpts are fantastic for painters and the results in the gallery are obvious. However not all these glorious vestiges to the painting gods could win the bounty of prizes and so it was decided a fight to the death would select the winners. After legal advice we opted instead to use voting to settle things and man has it been a tight vote. Just 4 votes were the difference between top spot and the unlucky person missing out in 4th place!!

Still winners we now have and it gives me great pleasure to announce that the winner of The Redbox Games 2011 Painting Contest is......................

CrookedEye!

with his beautiful 'Aelfar'

http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/data/771/rbg_marchwarden_wamp.jpg

A massive congratulations to CrookedEye for winning. He takes home $100 worth of Redbox goodies for his trouble.

Coning in a very close second (only 2 points behind!) was Countersunk81 with 'Ingrior of Aelfheim'
Countersunk bags a well deserved $74 worth of Redbox delight

Just a single point separated 2nd from 3rd and the person claiming the final spot on the podium was Sparks
Adam gets himself $50 of Redbox presents for Christmas for his efforts.

Congratulations to our 3 worthy winners who slugged it out for top spot. It was a very close run contest and I would like to pay special mention to Mochriedh who just missed out on the prizes by a single vote, well done to you also.

To view all the entries please visit: Redbox Games 2011 Gallery[url]

So that concludes our contests for 2011, and what a great one to finish the year on. Just time for the customary thankyou's to everyone that made the effort to enter, or vote and comment on the entries, your continued support of these contests ensures we can keep them going. A final massive thankyou goes to the the Master of Dictionaries, (I think all these funny names he gives his miniatures confuses his spelling brain!! Mr tre Manor. R.B.G. This man is the sculpting genius behind Redbox and is supports Wamp brilliantly year after year. So folks please help support him by buying his creations, they are fantastically sculpted, cast and priced and he's a real good bloke. Thank you Mr Manor.
You can find Redbox Games here: [url=http://www.red-box-games.com]Redbox Games (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g771-redbox-games-2011.html)

I would also like to apologise for the delay in the results, what with so much going on it completely slipped my mind!!!

Oh and I know I thanked everyone but I would like to say a big thankyou to everyone that has entered or voted or even just looked at our contests this year. it's been a fantastic year with some great sponsors. Next year promises to be even better and your enthusiasm and above all else willingness to create miniature works of art are what keeps me going!

The next contest is Wamped II thats open to any mini you fancy so please have a go at that - theres a fortune in prizes to be won!

Endor
22-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Congrats to all, great entries and worthy winners!

shanerozzell
22-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Congrats to Countersunk & Sparks and a big congrats to CrookedEye, all where excellent pieces. Well done to everyone else how entered:smile:

LOBO
22-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Congrats to the winners CrookedEye, Countersunk81, & Sparks and all those that entered!

Valloa
22-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Congrats to the winners!!

CrookedEye
22-12-2011, 08:56 PM
What a great contest, lots of great entries and you can really see where Tre's sculpts inspire people. There was a real cohesive mood with many of the entries and that made them even better. Thanks to everyone that voted and I'm honored that people liked the march warden. Zach

Iacton
22-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Congrats to Zach, Charlie and Adam. 3 very worthy placings indeed. Well done to all of the entrants and to tre for his lovely sculpts.
Thanks of course to Brett for all of your hard work to put these comps together over the course of the year too, as you make wamp what it is.
Here's hoping that 2012 gives you personally the sort of good fortune that wamp enjoys :wink:

ScottRadom
23-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Good Job guys!

sublimebrushwork
23-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Congrats to the winners. It was a great competition that has opened my eyes to Tre's figures and I will be having a go at many more.

Nameless
23-12-2011, 09:11 AM
congrats to winners and participants, thanks to Tre and Brett! :)

kdlynch
23-12-2011, 02:41 PM
A big congratulations to the winners! And to all the participants... you made voting on this quite difficult, as there were so many great entries! :)

Shouts out to Tre, and to DL for having this, and I look forward to the next RBG comp! :)

Vern
23-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Congratualtion to all the winners (well deserved), and a big thanks to DL for organising, & Tre for sponsering :smile:

MaGie
23-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Well deserved top three :)
Big applause to all the great entries, you've all done a super job!

Thanks to Brett and Tre for hosting a great contest, can't wait for next year!

countersunk81
23-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks to everyone who voted for my little swordmaiden, over the moon with that! :D :D :D
And Congrats to Sparks and Crookedeye, and awesome, awesome work!

tre
24-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Hey everybody!

I just wanted to say that I am very very proud I am to have so many talented artists put so much hard work into RBG pieces, every single paint job is flattering to me. Whether it is show stopping display quality or table top gaming quickie. The fact that I have produced something that someone else is fascinated by and then puts effort into " finishing " is still a big charge for me. It is truly an Honour. I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who entered as well.. I have stayed silent on the entries for the sake of objectivity ( and partly for my own indecision as well. ). There were so many great entries this year it was very difficult for me to pick favorites. The Winners were certainly well deserved and it was stiff competiton this year!

So, my thanks to everyone who participated for your effort and your enthusiasm. And my thanks as well to you Brett for putting on the WAMP contest and for running WAMP itself. Top Job man!

Cheers everybody!

Tre'

Cubster
24-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Well deserved all. A frighteningly good standard of painting all round, but having frighteningly good sculpts to start doesn't hurt any.

PS. Oh, yeah I guess Brett can get a pat on the back for running another contest.

I guess.

Since it's Christmas and all.

RogerB
24-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Congratulations!

grefven
25-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Congrats, indeed, to the winners! Is it possible to see the result of the voting someplace? I am interested in seeing all of them. :)

NeatPete
29-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Grats to the winners! and all the other folks with cool looking minis in that gallery. Fun stuff those RBG minis are.

Sparks
30-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Wow! Gobsmacked with third place! Thanks to Tre for an excellent sculpt to work with and to Brett for sorting it all out over a very busy period. Glad I could do one of your models justice as I've been looking to paint the keeper for ages! Congrats to the other winners too, well deserved as mentioned before.