PDA

View Full Version : Sublime Brushwork's PFP

sublimebrushwork
25-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Right, I'm a-gonna get involved with this right now. My rules are:
5 start to 500 finish.
All costs will be deducted from the final selling price. What is left will be profit. Up to 50% of the profit will be used to purchase the next figure and what is left will go into the pot to add up to the 500.
Starting price of the figure will be based on amount of hours' work at an hourly rate of 10 p/h.

My first piece will be Lola Darkslip from Reaper Miniatures, which I recently bought from Miniature Heroes for the bargain price of 4.90 when I bought my entry figures for thier competition.

I will post WIPs here, along with updates from Ebay.
Wish me luck...

shanerozzell
25-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Good luck mate.

NeatPete
25-11-2011, 11:03 PM
good luck

sublimebrushwork
26-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Cheers guys.:redface:

sublimebrushwork
29-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Been thinking about this a bit more. (You know how it is-you leap in feet first blah blah...) Anyhow, I've decided to double up on this and do one for army unit/regiment boxes too. Gives me a chance to clear out some stuff that's been kicking around for ages as well.
As I've got a few box sets to get through I'm gonna work this out on an RRP basis and it's purely for army painting-no faffing about with fanciness on this one.
So:
Starting with a Tyranid Ravener box (3 models, RRP ) painted to my army standard. Initial Ebay cost will be based on RRP+production cost@ 7.50 p/h (-25% in order to encourage bidding) with any ancillery costs deducted from the final selling price. 50% of what's left will be put towards the next purchase.
I'm really trying to get myself off the ground with turning this into a living and these projects should give me the direction I desperately need to do so. Any advice would be extremely useful and greatly appreciated.
Cheers all.

vegascat
29-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Cool; look forward to seeing what you're painting up here.

sublimebrushwork
30-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Okay, made a start on my Nids. Well, got 'em assembled and underpainted and, y'know, I didn't think I'd say this but I'm looking forward to painting them now. The problem I've always had with Nids is the lack of a real focal point so I've tried to position the arms and bodies in a way that maybe draws the eye to thier faces. Lets see how they turn out..

sublimebrushwork
25-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Right, after a couple of false starts and due to my plans for January going for a burton because of various things eating away at my painting time, I have decided to completely revisit and restart my PFP challenge. I'm not losing anything as I had got practically nothing done anyway...
SO.
My starting budget is 5.
My target is 500.
Simples.
After a quick trawl on ebay I spent my 5 on the Island of Blood Skaven Warlord, Engineer and High Elf Mage. These are all models that I wanted to paint anyway so it's hardly going to be a chore.
I will post irregular updates on my progress here and, if anybody feels like cajoling me or hassling me to keep at it please feel free!
So, to the painting table with the Skaven Warlord...

Ulfgrimr
26-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Good luck with it sublimebrushwork, 3 models for a fiver got to be a good start, looking forward to seeing the updates.