PDA

View Full Version : Wamped II

Darklord
17-11-2011, 03:42 PM

Wamped! has returned for its second year and it's hard makeover. Gone are the manufacturer categories and entries will now be split into genre specific categories giving even more range for you to bag some prizes! In fact there is over 1,000 worth of prizes for you lovely people.

Deadline:
The closing date for entries is: 4pm Friday 24th February 2012
(Supporter deadline will be 5 days later @ 4pm Wednesday 29th February 2012)
Times quoted are GMT

What can I enter?
Anything! It can be any scale, genre, manufacturer. It can be terrain, duel, diorama,a full blown army even. BUT! Take note it must be new work. That means it must not have been shown completed anywhere. If you have shown WIP elsewhere that's fine but not completed photos!

Prizes:

Best In Show:
€150 Credit at Kabuki Models
La Meridiana: Pyros (75mm)
Model Display Products Anastacia (54mm)
Guild of Harmony Set: Phonecia, Vanys, Blagrut and Dorothy
(one winner recieves ALL the above prizes)

The following categories each have a prize pool. 1st place will get first choice of a prize, then 2nd and so on

Fantasy:

Imbrian Arts Set: Gnoll, Wraith, Necromancer and Dragon Teeth
Morland Studios 54mm Shar The Traveller
Relic Knights ‘Kiss & Scratch’
50 worth of Das Schwarze Auge
Guild of Harmony Set: Nagrot, Jian Nai, Eilwyn & Qing Long
1 Fantasy Blister - Ironwwind Metals
Great Plaguebringer
Plaguebringer

Sci-Fi

€150 Credit at Kabuki Models
Relic Knights ‘One Shot & Fritz’
Gaspez Arts Tatjana
$100 Gift Voucher Ironwind Metals
3x Battletech New Releases
Set of Bronze Pattern Jump Packs (MaxMini)
Gothic Backpacks (MaxMini)

Historical

Morland Studios 32mm Hatasu
Morland Studios 54mm Aria Bust
MDP Oblong Display Plinth
MDP 33mm Display Plinth

Scenery & Terrain

Foundations of War Village House
Foundations of War Barrels Set
MDP 35mm Plinth
10 Basecrafts Voucher

‘Everything Else’

Morland Studios 32mm Sybil
Gaspez Arts Sophie
$40 Gift Voucher - Ironwind Metals
10 Basecrafts Voucher

‘OOPS!!’ Themed Category

30 Tor Gaming ‘Relics’ goodies
Super Dungeon Explore Limited Edition ‘Candy & Cola’
50 Demonworld goodies

Random Prizes:

Foundation of War Round Infested Bases (awarded to 1 random entry that hasn’t already won a prize)
10 Basecrafts Voucher (Random Entry)
MDP 41mm Display Base (awarded to 1 random voter)
1 Fantasy Blister - Ironwind Metals (randome Voter)
(x3) Battletech New Release - Ironwind Metals (awarded to 1 random entry that hasn’t already won a prize)

Most Entries:
$40 Gift Voucher - Most Entries

Some of these prizes are unavailable or not yet released.

Categories:

Fantasy
Sci-Fi
Historical
Scenery/Terrain
Everything Else

There will also be a Best In Show winner.

In addition this year will see the introduction of a brand new concept to Wamped! It's one we have used in our oldest contest the Wamp Monthly and it always brings up some fun entries:

The Themed Category!

The Themed Category add a theme element to entries and is a prize awarded in addition to the others. The theme for this year is..........

'OOPS!'

what you do with that theme is entirely up to you but we will be looking for originality and clever use of theme as well as the technical skill of the entry

Rules:

You must be a Wamp Member to participate. (registration is free). you can register here. (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/register.php)
You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage any additional photographs of that entry will be removed
All entries must be new work (new work is defined as a piece not shown in a finished state in public before. It is fine to enter a piece that has been displayed in a Work In Progress state (if your unsure ask!))
You give Wamp and Portal Magazine permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership)
You may post pictures of WIP both here and elsewhere in public. Completed work may be displayed elsewhere AFTER it has been entered into the contest gallery here
Judging will be decided by Public Poll
You may enter as many times as you like in each category.
You are only eligible to win 1 prize per category with the exception of Best in Show or Theme prizes as these can be awarded in addition to other prizes.
Submissions must be posted to the contest gallery.
Photographs must be no larger than 800w x 3100w pixels. If they are the software will automatically reduce your image size and make it pretty small. It is your responsibility to check this
You may enter a single miniature,diorama full 300 piece battle scene - whatever you like as long as its within the correct category rules.
Any entries found to be breaking the rules will be disqualified

Entries must be placed in the appropriate category here: Wamped II Gallery (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g783-wamped-21-ii.html)

So there you go folks - In short create anything you want, any mini from any manufacturer, an army even terrain, buildings and scenery!!

Enjoy,

Brett

p.s. if your interested in adding to the sponsorship of this contest contact me

NeatPete
17-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Just so I'm clear the categories are really:

Fantasy
Sci-Fi
Historical
Scenery/Terrain
Everything Else
Oops!

Is this correct?

TheProdigalGamer
17-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Just my opinion of course, but isn't this THE big Wamp contest? I would think / prefer it to have a longer length...especially being over the holidays.

For instance...Golden Demons are 1x per year...and people work on those for many months ahead of the time.
Now I do understand that with so many contests one with limited talents or time would have to be more selective
vs. someone who paints full time but again....isn't this the big one?

Anyway...off to work on my RBG entry and think up something for "OOPS" that I might be able to fit in.

Darklord
17-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Just my opinion of course, but isn't this THE big Wamp contest? I would think / prefer it to have a longer length...especially being over the holidays.

Normally yes but due to real life commitments I have been struggling to keep up with the day to day stuff on Wamp let alone organise this and the Wamp Awards, as well as next years sponsors and a huge undertaking with the gallery - all while trying to paint to feed the family so my apologies for not giving longer notice, I have worked for 30+ hours this week and not earned a single penny as its all been spent organising Wamp. I felt the time was still enough to get in a good entry or more due to the fact it is open to any manufacturer so you have no need to order something in (unless you want too) you can even enter something you've already started work on.

Basically there was a choice of doing it this way or not doing it at all. I thought this favourable.

TheProdigalGamer
17-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Agreed...of the two decisions, you chose best :D
You really need to delegate more of the site maintenance stuff...be the master evil genius LOL.

In every case, I appreciate what you do.

waghorn41
17-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Theme? :belial:Well 'Ooops' has been done in the monthly so I guess I'll have to think up a new angle...

...........wag scurries off giggling maniacally

No Such Agency
18-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Hmm... I might just be able to pull something together for this :) A month and a half isn't long these days but still. Long enough, especially if I can enter something I've already started :)

Thanks for putting in the work, as always, Darklord!

Darklord
18-11-2011, 12:38 PM
I have managed to re-jig things a little and the contest will be extended by 3 weeks. The new deadline is 26th January or 31st for supporters. Hope this helps a little

Spectral Dragon
18-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I have managed to re-jig things a little and the contest will be extended by 3 weeks. The new deadline is 26th January or 31st for supporters. Hope this helps a little

That being the case I may throw in an attempt.

Sparks
19-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Will help massively! I'm trying to see if I can enter things on Wamped first that I'm doing for other comps as well (assuming the rules in the other comps will allow for that!). If not, I'll definitely have a few to throw into the mix. Cheers for arranging this again Brett, it's what got me hooked on the site in the first place and I'm sure others will follow!

War Griffon
19-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Well even I might manage an entry for this seeing as the last show is on Sunday and the first for the new year is at the end of January so it is possible you might see something painted from me in between new plinths and gaming bases that I need to get done for next year :biggrin:

Darklord
19-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Well even I might manage an entry for this seeing as the last show is on Sunday and the first for the new year is at the end of January so it is possible you might see something painted from me in between new plinths and gaming bases that I need to get done for next year :biggrin:

You paint? Next you'll be telling us Roger won a speed painting contest

Nameless
19-11-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm kinda confused with the OOPS thing....
Is it an additional category (like Pete suggested) or just an additional prize which will be awarded to entry which follows that theme?

No Such Agency
21-11-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm kinda confused with the OOPS thing....
Is it an additional category (like Pete suggested) or just an additional prize which will be awarded to entry which follows that theme?

"The Themed Category add a theme element to entries and is a prize awarded in addition to the others. The theme for this year is..........
'OOPS!'"

That says to me that this prize "stacks" on other prizes, or rather is a parallel contest category to the others. So you don't have to use "Oops!" for an entry, but if you do, then you can vie for this extra prize. It's a pretty generous theme that we can do a lot of different things with :)

Nameless
21-11-2011, 08:25 PM

NeatPete
21-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm with Nameless on this one.

No Such Agency
21-11-2011, 10:28 PM

You know what they say about opinions... everyone has one. But I think if this was a normal "genre" category it would have been listed with the other categories. Perhaps an official reply is forthcoming :)

MamaGeek
24-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Well, I just finished my current project, and I think it is probably one of my best, so I entered it. Any word yet on the prizes, Brett?

Spectral Dragon
25-11-2011, 03:58 AM
I think what he intends with the "oops" category is:

You enter your piece in the proper category. You do not enter it in a "oops" category, nor do you paint something specifically for said category, but rather paint something of said category with the addition of the "oops" theme. You will be judged based on the category you entered. All pieces entered into the contest, regardless of if they meant to do an "oops" them or not, will be judged for said theme and a winner picked.

If I am wrong, I will of course be corrected.

MamaGeek
25-11-2011, 04:14 AM
I put my entry in the Wamped II gallery, but I didn't see any way to select the category. Mine is fantasy, if anyone can fix that for me.

Undave
14-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Did we ever get a list of prizes? If there are some manufacturer specific spot prizes or whatever it might influence my choice of entry rather a lot.

Darklord
14-12-2011, 07:28 PM
It will be announced in the next issue of Portal but non are manufacturer specific

Darklord
16-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Just compiled the full list of prizes - 800 worth so far!! But you'll have to wait for Portal to see exactly what!

NeatPete
16-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Where's the portal? Neatpete rolls a natural 20 for a search check.

Darklord
19-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I have just updated details of the prizes. The prize pot is worth over 1000 and there's plenty of prizes including some for random entries and voting

Undave
19-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Morland Studios 32mm Hatasu
Morland Studios 32mm Aria Bust

Is Hatasu new? I can't seem to find it on the Morland site. Also the bust version of Aria is 54mm isn't it?

Darklord
19-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Is Hatasu new? I can't seem to find it on the Morland site. Also the bust version of Aria is 54mm isn't it?

Yes some are unreleased at the moment. (arent I good to you!)

Undave
19-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Nice! I look forward to wi... er seeing it when it's released.

Darklord
19-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Nice! I look forward to wi... er seeing it when it's released.

confident are't we!

http://www.motivationals.org/demotivational-posters/demotivational-poster-11226.jpg

Undave
19-12-2011, 02:32 PM
My overconfidence is my weakness eh? Well your faith in your friends is yours! :tongue:

Valloa
19-12-2011, 04:44 PM

All of the Morland Studios prizes for WAMP are, as of right now, unreleased and are all master casts. The Aria bust is actually 54mm not the listed 32mm :). It is also not the version up on the website. :)

Darklord
19-12-2011, 04:47 PM
The Aria bust is actually 54mm not the listed 32mm :). It is also not the version up on the website. :)

OOPS!! my mistake sorry!

Darklord
21-12-2011, 10:40 AM
*****Prize Flash!!!*****

The following prizes (courtesy of Basecrafts) has been added to the prize pot:

10 Basecrafts Voucher added to the Historical category
10 Basecrafts Voucher added to the 'Everything Else' category
10 Basecrafts Voucher for a Random Entry

warhammergrimace
23-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I have some pieces I've just finished so, will photograph and upload those over xmas....will be painting a squad of germans and some russians, plus will be starting to make the first of my Grot bi-plane squadron.....

Nord
01-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Hello guys,

I am hoping to enter this competition, but as a forum noob have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a thread or sticky anywhere showing how to post photos, I can't seem to find it?

2. If I enter a Malifaux figure, which category does it belong to?

Thanks in advance for the answers, apologies for being a bit stooooopid. :fret

kdlynch
01-01-2012, 06:37 PM
1. Is there a thread or sticky anywhere showing how to post photos, I can't seem to find it?
Various ones, but to keep things simple, I'll post the instructions right here:

Step by Step for Posting to the Contest Galleries:

1) Click the Gallery link in the menu-bar near the top of the site. This takes you to the new display gallery. Eventually, I gather the contest gallery will be located here, but until then...

2) Click the 'Old Gallery' link in the left-hand side "Main Menu" If you scroll down this page, you'll see the Wamp Contests section, including a section already set up for Wamped! II, where you can see other submitted entries, and comment on them.

3) On the menu bar that's directly below the google advert banner, to the far right, you should see an "Upload Photos" link, click on that...

4) This is where you upload your photos. Please remember to montage your photos into one submission... don't upload several photos showing the same miniature. Also don't forget the maximum image size of 800 wide by 3100 pixels tall. (Nor make it too small, where no one can see it to vote on it. :) )

4a) For the Category Dropdown (Says Member Galleries, if you came here straight from the old gallery 'front page' but could be on something different), don't forget the change this to the appropriate contest/category you're entering for. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the drop menu to find the Wamped! II various categories.

4b) Attach your photo file.

4c) Title your entry, and fill in the rest of the info as you see fit. Hit Upload/Submit, and wella, you're done. :D

2. If I enter a Malifaux figure, which category does it belong to?

This is a much tougher one, and not one I could give a definitive answer. I'd probably go with fantasy if I were entering a Malifaux fig, but I can see points for sci-fi as well. Or even (a .very. alternate) historical... though that's more of a stretch. There's nothing preventing you from entering any given entry into any given category... but if I were to say, put Carg the Dragon in the historical category, which no one would stop me from doing, then I'd be very unlikely to win, based on theme.

Undave
07-01-2012, 04:38 PM
So am I understanding this correctly in that each place gets one choice off the list of prizes? That would mean that there will be eight separate winners for the fantasy category alone. If that's right I think it's a really good idea, spreading the prizes as far as they will go means more fun all round. It gets a bit disheartening when you know all the prizes will be going to the top three who generally include the usual suspects blackglove every time.

Undave likes this idea :biggrin:

ScottRadom
07-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Agreed UnDave, it's a cool idea that will really help the sponsor companies get their stuff out to a lot of different people. My concern... postage. Is Brett footing the postage bill here? I'd like to know so I can help soften that blow.

Darklord
10-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Yes the prize pool was an idea I had to create maximum desirability in the prize list. Whats a stand out prize for one person isn't necessarily the same for another so I figured this was a good solution.

SO if you win your category (say fantasy) you get to pick from the Fantasy prize pool. Whoever comes second in Fantasy gets to pick from whats left over and so on until all choices are taken.

My concern... postage. Is Brett footing the postage bill here? I'd like to know so I can help soften that blow.

Postage is fine mate, much of the prizes are been shipped direct from sponsors and the postage for the rest is covered through Wamp income. (appreciate the offer though bud)

KittenCeleste
10-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Oh fudge, I've completely forgotten about this comp. >< Let's see what I can rustle up in time for the deadline =)

Darklord
10-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Oh fudge, I've completely forgotten about this comp.

:throttle:

Orki
10-01-2012, 03:25 PM
So am I understanding this correctly in that each place gets one choice off the list of prizes? That would mean that there will be eight separate winners for the fantasy category alone. If that's right I think it's a really good idea, spreading the prizes as far as they will go means more fun all round. It gets a bit disheartening when you know all the prizes will be going to the top three who generally include the usual suspects blackglove every time.

Undave likes this idea :biggrin:

Orki likes this idea too. :)

I'm not sure who the usual suspects are, though Kaiser Soze hasn't been heard of in these parts for years. :P During my experience of Wamp constests I have seen all sorts of different painters of varying standards put the effort required into a 'comp winning' piece, and be rewarded (or not) for it. It's never a turkey shoot even when the painting pro's and 'celebs' enter, as previous results show quite well I feel. :)

I can see that It may get disheartening if you thought you were never in with a chance for 1st prize, and I feel that the prize pool idea in place for this years comp is a great way of encouraging more involvement from painters of different levels, though ones attitude towards the fun we have while aiming for 'success' should not be dictated by the odds of our winning.

Basically if you wanna win, get better. Not to beat the 'top three' painters, but to better yourself. Unless of course personal improvement isn't your thing. :) But yeah, at least this year the less confident painters can enter, and still be in with a chance for some cool prizes without spending the 20-100 hours on a comp level piece, which can only be a good thing for all that enter, for Wamp, and for the spirit of the competition I feel.

NeatPete
10-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I entered the terrain category. Still have some other stuff I plan on sneaking in before its over as well.

:jiggy:

TheBugKing
12-01-2012, 06:28 AM
I have this piece that started out as a WAMP ladder piece but it never got finished.

I JUST MIGHT be able to finish it in time. And it has a great oops element to it as well...

STOKED! Of course, knowing me I'll get a few more hours of painting in on it and then stall the way I always do.

Le-sigh.

Oh, and I'm not dead. I've just been working with War Cast Studios a bunch. :D

Bugz

Spectral Dragon
12-01-2012, 07:12 AM
You know, I still have time. I will go for it, I may not get my diorama done but I have plenty of other things I can enter.

Darklord
12-01-2012, 09:11 AM
It looks like I may be able to extend this contest a bit, will confirm later

KittenCeleste
12-01-2012, 10:18 AM
:throttle:

:surrender:

Orki
12-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Should have a few done in time for this. ;)

I know its a couple of weeks away yet, but the gallery is looking a bit empty still, isnt it? :confused: Brett - Isn't the deadline a month earlier than last year mate? Can't remember, but if so that might explain a bit.

Darklord
12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Should have a few done in time for this. ;)

I know its a couple of weeks away yet, but the gallery is looking a bit empty still, isnt it? :confused: Brett - Isn't the deadline a month earlier than last year mate? Can't remember, but if so that might explain a bit.

it is earlier yeah mate. As stated above I will probably be in a position to move this back a bit..

Apart from that there's not much I can do. The contests are well publicised enough but for some reason folks don't think our contests are worthy enough to bother with!! Still more chance of the rest of you winning!!

Orki
12-01-2012, 04:16 PM
it is earlier yeah mate. As stated above I will probably be in a position to move this back a bit..

Apart from that there's not much I can do. The contests are well publicised enough but for some reason folks don't think our contests are worthy enough to bother with!! Still more chance of the rest of you winning!!

Yeah, this close after Christmas/NY people just dont have the time leading up to the comp I guess. There's always gonna be an escalation in entries as we approach the deadline of course too.

While sort of on the subject of it though, I have found the new gallery a bit of a mess. The process of uploading and organising could be a tad easier imo. I personally haven't had any real trouble finding where I want to go, but I found the process unpleasant and feel that it could be streamlined and presented clearer. I can't really help with this as i'm not a web developer in the slightest, but I can imagine that this may be off-putting to potential entrants.

Darklord
12-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah, this close after Christmas/NY people just dont have the time leading up to the comp I guess. There's always gonna be an escalation in entries as we approach the deadline of course too.
we had 150 entries last year so who knows!!

While sort of on the subject of it though, I have found the new gallery a bit of a mess. The process of uploading and organising could be a tad easier imo. I personally haven't had any real trouble finding where I want to go, but I found the process unpleasant and feel that it could be streamlined and presented clearer. I can't really help with this as i'm not a web developer in the slightest, but I can imagine that this may be off-putting to potential entrants.

can you give more details on what you found messy mate?

I personally have no problems with it but it isnt my opinion that matters!!

When I launched the gallery I always planned on having it reviewed a few months later and implements some changes so I am certainly open to suggestions and critique

NeatPete
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I'd have to say I agree with Orki about the gallery. I went to the new gallery and tried to upload an image and couldn't even find the upload button (I remember requesting an upload button on the front page and somehow manged to find it in testing, but couldn't the other day) so I had to come back to this thread and link to the contest gallery that way.

All that being said, I bet it fills up nicely in the last week or so. I know I'll have 3-4 more to drop in. And we all know my entries are the most important anyway.

Orki
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
can you give more details on what you found messy mate?

Not really lol. :P I'm really not that familiar with it tbh, but it's mainly the clarity and simplicity of how things are presented to the user. I found both dakkas and cmon's galleries for example just easier to immediately grasp and use. Wamp as a 'site' just seems to have quite a lot of trees to the navigation, or feels a little bolted on at times. This may be just me, though as Wamp has grown I can imagine it creates all sorts of organisational headaches to keep it working. :S

kdlynch
12-01-2012, 04:43 PM
I think part of the confusion may lie in that the Wamped II is in the 'old gallery.' I'm adding a 'news' bit in the 'new gallery' to point the way.

Darklord
12-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Not really lol. :P I'm really not that familiar with it tbh, but it's mainly the clarity and simplicity of how things are presented to the user. I found both dakkas and cmon's galleries for example just easier to immediately grasp and use. Wamp as a 'site' just seems to have quite a lot of trees to the navigation, or feels a little bolted on at times. This may be just me, though as Wamp has grown I can imagine it creates all sorts of organisational headaches to keep it working. :S

Navigation wise its no slower to upload than cmon really (same number of clicks) my pictures then upload, maybe its familiarity. But I can add a direct upload link no problem when I get chance (I remember pete asking)

When I do the site review my main aim will be to make things easier to navigate, certainly from the front page ( there will be a new main index infact to make things easier)
I suppose part of the thing with Wamp is it has more areas than say cmon they have the same forum software as us so the news page,forum,blogs,articles are all comparable. PLus we have the wiki, tradepost and Portal links but otherwise its the same. Those are all on easy to find tabs at the top. Maybe its the 'smaller' stuff thats more complicated?

Anyway thats another thread, suffice to say I will be reviewing the complete site and will be asking for your feedback on all aspects of it

Orki
12-01-2012, 04:47 PM
No worries. Back on topic then....

Pete's entering! Yer all goin daahn! :wink:

Darklord
14-01-2012, 02:56 PM
***UPDATE***

I have extended the deadline of the contest by 1 month! Yep lots more time for you to get some lovely entries in. I have even managed to fit an extra day into February for you supporters, nice chap that I am

New Deadlines:

Non Supporters 4pm 24th February 2012

Supporters 4pm 29th February 2012

Lyn
14-01-2012, 04:29 PM
***UPDATE***

I have extended the deadline of the contest by 1 month! Yep lots more time for you to get some lovely entries in. I have even managed to fit an extra day into February for you supporters, nice chap that I am

New Deadlines:

Non Supporters 4pm 24th February 2012

Supporters 4pm 29th February 2012

AND THIS DL is just one of the reasons why we love you! lol :07:

Darklord
14-01-2012, 04:46 PM
AND THIS DL is just one of the reasons why we love you! lol :07:

thats not the reason you said in private!!

Sparks
14-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Share the Love? :P

Cheers DL, can really put some effort into a couple of entries now!

ScottRadom
14-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Awesome! I can do a couple more mini's up now. Good move DL!

Grenn
14-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Cool, I might throw something together and join in on this one.

TheBugKing
14-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I'll definately be entering then.

It's actually the piece I started with the ladder match vs Scott Radom. Only a year later. Of course it STILL isn't done. But this is good incentive. Plus I really want to finish that base. Lots of work there.

Lyn
14-01-2012, 07:26 PM
thats not the reason you said in private!!
Duh! Hence why I said ONE of! Hahahahha

dicker_koenig
15-01-2012, 08:24 PM
That's great news. Yay! At least gonna finish one mini then ;).

Darklord
16-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Just to let you know folks about uploads. You are quite welcome to upload any of your Wamped contest entries to the new gallery as well if you wish to have them rated. this also makes them eligible for the Warcast Studios contest featured in Portal 18

MamaGeek
23-01-2012, 03:13 AM
Just to let you know folks about uploads. You are quite welcome to upload any of your Wamped contest entries to the new gallery as well if you wish to have them rated. this also makes them eligible for the Warcast Studios contest featured in Portal 18

Will the old Gallery eventually be retired? Can you add a checkbox on old gallery submissions to automatically add uploads to the new Gallery at the same time?

kdlynch
23-01-2012, 04:16 AM
yes, the old gallery will be retired... i doubt, however, a checkbox can be added to the old one. the two use totally different backends.

Darklord
23-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Will the old Gallery eventually be retired? Can you add a checkbox on old gallery submissions to automatically add uploads to the new Gallery at the same time?

Did you not see the numerous announcements about me deleting everything?!!! :lol:
Yeah the old gallery will soon cease to host finished miniatures (end of Jan I start deleting those) for now I will be leaving it available for WIP and contest images while these get integrated (bit more complicated)

And to confirm KD's answer no auto import I am afraid

waghorn41
26-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Well I didn't think I'd have anything to put into this comp, even the 'Ooops' theme didn't seem likely, but then I looked at one of the hasslefree minis I got the other day and one of my mad ideas emerged yawning, blinking and scratching into the light of day. Single mini with simple base should be do-able. Now, off to paint!

Sparks
28-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Currently struggling to decide on whether to put a lot of effort into a couple of categories where I like the look of the prizes, or go for the blunderbuss approach (AKA the 'get as many done for as many categories as possible' approach!

Darklord
02-02-2012, 10:51 AM
4 weeks to go folks keep those entries coming, some great prizes up for grabs

RogerB
02-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Wish I had something, but you know me.

Also I haven't painted anything in four months. Been busy. :wink:

Sparks
02-02-2012, 11:28 PM
I've got a whole day of painting booked in for Saturday, and should hopefully have 5 entries in next week :D

I know it's a painting competition, but are we allowed to enter sculpts into the everything else category? It won't be painted in time, but will be sculpted from scratch!

HonourGuard
06-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Hey all,
I will enter something in 2 categories.
But I need help, I don't understand how I can upload pictures in the Wamped II contest gallery, I see the entries of the other people but no upload button.
When I klick on gallery I find the image upload button, but if I ulpad there they aren't in the contest... not easy :D

best regards Oli

shanerozzell
06-02-2012, 07:42 PM
This is the old gallery, not as intuitive as the new one, hence the new one :)

Pressing on that will take you where you need to go. Any other problems the feel free to contact any of the mods who are always willing to help:smile:

Darklord
17-02-2012, 10:26 AM
1 week to go for non supporters

Orki
17-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Eeep!

MaGie
17-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Wow time's flying! My entry should be up at the end of the weekend :)

parvusmachina
20-02-2012, 04:51 AM
Gah!! Hope my new pine vise comes in time...old one is broken and I need it to put together my painted minis!!

Orki
20-02-2012, 06:10 AM
Ahhh, a pin vice drill!

I was wondering if you typo'd "pine vase", but I couldn't figure out what the heck you would be doing with one of them for Wamped!

parvusmachina
20-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Ahhh, a pin vice drill!

I was wondering if you typo'd "pine vase", but I couldn't figure out what the heck you would be doing with one of them for Wamped!

d'oh....darn you genetically large fingers!!!

Yes I wanted to type pin vise. I definately do not have a vise for pine. My vise is...cookies!

parvusmachina
20-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Yes!! Got an email confirmation that my package was delivered today by UPS...suck it USPS...(stupid president's day). I can finish my final Wamp! II entry.

NeatPete
20-02-2012, 10:46 PM
and they wonder why the USPS isn't competative... actually, I think they know, they just can't be bothered to fix it.

AndyS
21-02-2012, 04:15 PM
how long does it take for entries to show on the Comp Gallery? I put up a few today and they're not showing yet. Mostly in the Fantasy section.

Darklord
21-02-2012, 04:19 PM
how long does it take for entries to show on the Comp Gallery? I put up a few today and they're not showing yet. Mostly in the Fantasy section.

they show instantly in the old gallery check they are in the right bit mate (they wont show in the new gallery thoughg thats seperate

AndyS
21-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I have not got one to load properly yet! When I'm in the Gallery, in the correct section, and click upload photo the tab says members gallery. Nothing about the comp!

Spectral Dragon
21-02-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm not gonna make it :(

AndyS
21-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Ah! Don't go into the actual album you want it put in! lol.

Darklord
22-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Just 2 days left for entries folks.

Supporters you have 1 week left to go,

keep those entries coming, tons of great prizes up for grabs

waghorn41
22-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Just got to get the photo done of mine, I think the black hand will be amused....

SkelettetS
23-02-2012, 01:20 AM
...made it!! even got a day and a half left, bloody he*k! need a painting vacation now...

Sparks
23-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Some great entries coming in now. Bit worried about my feeble efforts though!

Iacton
24-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Might add another one or two in the next few days... :redface:

Orki
24-02-2012, 12:14 PM
I made a sacrifice to the Darklord himself last night, and low and behold my wishes were granted!
With supporter status granted, I now might have a chance to finish my entries in time! :rockon:

Grenn
24-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Some fantastic entries, good work and good luck all!

Darklord
24-02-2012, 06:11 PM
***DEADLINE HAS PASSED FOR NON- SUPPORTERS!!***

If you wish to upload before the 29th deadline you must be a supporter (or become one)

waghorn41
25-02-2012, 05:59 PM
OK, old wag is confused. Just went to upload a photo into the 'Ooops Theme' category and I can't see it.
There's Fantasy, SciFi, Historical, Terrain and 'everything else' other but no Ooops/Theme. As it is listed as a separate category is the gallery missing or does it just get chucked in with the Everything Else...
Hoping for a separate gallery - or are you afraid I might actually win something...

Nameless
25-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I missed the deadline by few hours with my historical model ... oh well, next time.

waghorn41
25-02-2012, 09:48 PM
OK, old wag is confused. Just went to upload a photo into the 'Ooops Theme' category and I can't see it.
There's Fantasy, SciFi, Historical, Terrain and 'everything else' other but no Ooops/Theme. As it is listed as a separate category is the gallery missing or does it just get chucked in with the Everything Else...
Hoping for a separate gallery - or are you afraid I might actually win something...

OK I've trawled through this thread and found that all entries in all categories will also be judged on Ooops. BUT, what if the entry is designed just for Ooops? If I'm thinking straight I have to throw it in the 'everything else' gallery. Yes? No?

The clock is ticking and I need to get my entry in, and in the right place. :confused: :rolleyes:

MamaGeek
25-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey,DL, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know: once all the supporter submissions are in, when will the public poll start and end? And when will the winners be announced?

MaGie
25-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Well... My entry's in! Unfortunately, I didn't manage to finish more...

Good luck everyone with finishing your entries :)

I will be away from WAMP for a few days probably, but I'm already looking forward to browsing the wonderful gallery!

parvusmachina
26-02-2012, 07:07 AM
I got a couple entries in, but not nearly as many as I wanted to. Can't wait for the voting to start!

Orki
26-02-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm down to only a few 'targeted' entries now. I've at least got time to finish up one or two I reckon before wednesday. :) Well I hope so anyway!

I could have been a total git and uploaded about 100 new minis that you haven't seen yet just to bag the most entries prize (all recent, no back catalogue stuff either!), but that's really not fair on all those that have made the effort and pulled out all the stops with pieces done specifically for the comp of course, and certainly wouldn't be in the spirit of the competitions here on Wamp. :P I paint full time so that would hardly be sporting now would it? heheh

I may have a couple more fun surprise entries yet though, but I really don't think I've got the time... :(

I'm certainly looking forward to having a good sift through the galleries too. They seem to be filling up nicely now! :)

waghorn41
26-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Well my one and only entry is in, picture could have been sharper but I'm no good with a camera. Just hope it's in the right place as there doesn't seem to be an answer forthcoming to my questions in this thread.

Darklord
27-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Well my one and only entry is in, picture could have been sharper but I'm no good with a camera. Just hope it's in the right place as there doesn't seem to be an answer forthcoming to my questions in this thread.

best way for an answer is pm me guys!!

Wag put it in which ever 'main category' it fits best

waghorn41
27-02-2012, 09:25 PM
best way for an answer is pm me guys!!

Wag put it in which ever 'main category' it fits best

Well it's done now and to be honest it had to go in the 'everything else' category as it was done purely as a theme piece. Doesn't really matter as I'm not in the running for anything but I like to enter and get my entry right if possible.

Some fantstic entries people, I'll try to comment on them all asap. Well done to all who entered.

Chameleon
27-02-2012, 09:34 PM
I haven't managed to do anything for this, but I shall look forward to browsing the galleries :biggrin:

Sparks
28-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Trying desperately to get decent photos as we speak, expect a few entries to be in before midnight!

Darklord
28-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Trying desperately to get decent photos as we speak, expect a few entries to be in before midnight!
dont forget you have tomorrow too

Sparks
28-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Can't get home before six to upload them though :(

Bad Fairy
29-02-2012, 12:02 AM
I got one in! woop woop!

Its my first ever wamped entry and only my second even ever display mini so i'm really nervous and excited about this. :redface:

Darklord
29-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Ok Folks I'm going to extend the deadline until 12am (thats Midnight!) tonight thats British Time so is an extra 8 hours on the deadline (was 4pm)

Undave
29-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Youuuuuuuuuuu......

And there was me painting my pert little arse off this morning :biggrin:

Is that just for the supporters or is it for everybody?

Darklord
29-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Youuuuuuuuuuu......

And there was me painting my pert little arse off this morning :biggrin:

Is that just for the supporters or is it for everybody?

Supporters mate, non-supporters had their chance

Undave
29-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Ah well it was worth a try... If you'd extended it for non-supporters it would mean you'd have to add the supporter's extra time on and I'd have had an extra five days or so :wink:

Orki
29-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Blimey, i'm glad you did this, Brett. I'm really struggling to get my new cam to play ball with macro stuff at the mo, and I really don't wanna have to bung it on auto... :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the extra time will help both US and UK wampers get pics in after work too. :)

Vern
29-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Soz, no more from me (Whaddaya mean, phew!) - cocked up my last entry

Undave
29-02-2012, 05:21 PM
That's two down one to go. Not a bad finish rate for me out of the seven entries I started with.

Orki
29-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Poor Orki brain little fried break need. :headbutt:

Undave
29-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I think I've painted more this past couple of days than I normally do in six months.

Orki
29-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Question for those in the know: What's the max file size, or max pixel size, for photos in the new gallery?

I'm gonna try to get some better pics in before the deadline tonight and I was struggling to fit all the angles I wanted in the last one (I went with the old 3000px vert limit just in case).

NeatPete
01-03-2012, 12:00 AM
This?

Photographs must be no larger than 800w x 3100w pixels. If they are the software will automatically reduce your image size and make it pretty small. It is your responsibility to check this

kdlynch
01-03-2012, 01:19 AM
@Pete: for the old gallery (home of the Wamped II competition), is 800x3100. for the new gallery (home of future competitions), is 800x2500 (I believe; DL will be along to correct me if I messed that up)

Darklord
01-03-2012, 10:30 AM
No thats correct KD.

***DEADLINE HAS PASSED!***

We have 111 entries, thats a cracking achievement folks.

Voting will open in a few days. the delay is due to something else I need to do first (you'll see in due course)
In the meantime you have a final chance to check your images are ok (make sure they enlarge ok) you have until the polls are created to inform me of any problems.

Iacton
01-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Good effort people. The standard of the entries has really been upped this year.blackgloveblackglove

Orki
01-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Seconded! There's all sorts of lovely stuff in there! Really diverse too. :)

Sparks
01-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Congrats in advance to everyone who got something entered! I think Scott's right about the standards. It'll be really interesting in five years to look through the entries and see the progression! I now need to embrace the new gallery which I really haven't done enough yet!

waghorn41
01-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Seconded! There's all sorts of lovely stuff in there! Really diverse too. :)

Going to go through all the entries as promised - may take a while. Have to look out for that dead poet one Orki, which category was it in?
keep up with the wag - diverse / die verse :redface::rolleyes:

Orki
01-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Bugger me that's terrible, Wag!

Darklord
05-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Voting is now open!

Polls are open for 5 days to decide the category winners. Once these have been decided then the best in show winner will be chosen.
all the polls can be found here: Voting Polls (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/forumdisplay.php?169-Current-Contests)

waghorn41
05-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Voted. Good luck everybody.

mudman2001
05-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Just finished voting for everything and really gotta say wow. Good luck to every one.

Sparks
06-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Voted. As mentioned elsewhere,it's really only tiny differences that decide the vote, and generally comes down to taste over anything else unless someone knows a fairer way?!). Some really high quality entries across the board. Well done Brett for motivating us all to get the brushes out once again!

Bad Fairy
06-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Got my votes in! There were some awesome peices and some tough decisions to make! Well done and good luck to everyone that entered. :)

Nord
06-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Sorry guys, I'm new on the forum so not sure of the procedure. Do we vote for 1, 2, 3 or as many as we like? And do we vote in categories that we have entered, I tend not to vote when I have entered myself?

Iacton
06-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Vote as many votes as the category asks, Nord - so 1 vote in oops, but 5 in fantasy, for instance.
There is no 1,2,3,4,5 just the ones that you like best - so if you like 2 models in fantasy equally, you can vote for both and 3 others! :redface:
Also, you can vote in the categories that you entered, just NOT for yourself :wink:

And, for the record, I've done my votes. Really well done peeps. The fantasy category I thought was particularly hotly contested.

Ulfgrimr
06-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Voted on 'Sci-Fi', 'Oops' and trying to vote on 'Everything Else' but keep getting a message saying I do not have the authority or some such. I have logged out and back in again and can no longer see the poll in the voting thread. DL/Mods have I done something incorrectly?

Darklord
06-03-2012, 11:41 AM
I have had to reset the oops and everything else polls as the voting was showing for some reason, it should be working again now, if you have already voted on those two cats could you re vote please folks

Vern
06-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Voted - bloody difficult! Extremely nice entries

Sparks
06-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Cheers DL- was wondering what was going on there when I logged in! Will go back and hopefully remember my votes from last night.

Chameleon
08-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Where have the voting poles gone for this? Was just about to get around to voting!!

Orki
08-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Oo-err! They were under the 'Normal threads' section here - http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/forumdisplay.php?169-Current-Contests

Now there's just the sci-fi cat showing though... :confused:

Where have the voting poles gone for this?

Voting poles you say? Is Brett licensed for such behavior? :tongue:

SkelettetS
08-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I saved the link to fantasy category so obviously its still there, link just disappeared...? http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?10719-Wamped-II-Voting-Fantasy&p=168688#post168688

Orki
08-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Good point! I should still have the others in my history...

Everything else - http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?10738-Wamped-II-Voting-Everything-else

Oops! - http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?10739-Wamped-II-Voting-OOOP-S!!

Historical - http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?10724-Wamped-II-Voting-Historical-Category
(http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?10724-Wamped-II-Voting-Historical-Category)

Sci-fi - http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?10722-Wamped-II-Voting-Sci-fi

Fantasy - http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?10719-Wamped-II-Voting-Fantasy

kdlynch
09-03-2012, 04:44 AM
The other cats are still there... however, they're "hiding". For whatever reason, this section of the forum defaults to show only threads from the last day, which culls the older ones from view. If you look at the thread section, below that are the display options. you'll see the dropdown with "last day" beneath the thread titles... change that to something 'older' (i always go with beginning) and click go, and that'll fix you up until you exit wamp and come back.

Sister_Lucy
10-03-2012, 05:50 PM
It's the "Thread Display Options" Just below the visible threads, It's set to 1 day on my settings. I changed it to "past 10 days" and all the voting threads showed up.

Darklord
10-03-2012, 06:12 PM
The first round of voting has closed!

I shall tally up the votes and announce the category winners shortly. From these winners you may then select your choice for best in show (I will create a new poll for this)

Orki
10-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Wooo!

Bad Fairy is going crazy with excitement here at the mo! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

megazord_man
10-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Wooo!

Bad Fairy is going crazy with excitement here at the mo! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Quick, use that to your advantage somehow.

Darklord
15-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Voting is closed!

Results will be published later today unless a meteor hits me which given my current run of form is probably short odds to do so though an escaped man eating rhino accosting me in the street is probably more likely

parvusmachina
15-03-2012, 07:27 PM
sqeee!!:grin

Darklord
15-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Results are up:
Wamped II Results (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?10941-Wamped-II-The-Results!)

Darklord
19-03-2012, 05:19 PM
waiting on pm's from Neat Pete, Dr Willets workshop and Bad Fairy, you should all have ecoeved a pm from me with prize lists, if you havent can you please let me know and if you have can you send me your choices.

Bad Fairy
19-03-2012, 07:42 PM
No PM received yet, Brett. :(