PDA

View Full Version : NestorV's Paint for Profit Challenge thread

NestorV
05-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Hey everyone. As said before, I find this kind of challenge particularly helpful for me to keep me motivated etc etc..

Here is the situation up to this point. A month or so ago I acquired a bunch of stuff to get rid on ebay. Mainly 40K stuff my brother had hidden in his closet for many years. I have managed to get a sum of money from them half of each I have used to buy a battalion box and CMON credits plus the money I had to withdraw in order to cover the shipping expenses, as well as ebay and paypal fees.

Since this stuff has been gifted to me I am going to use the money collected to renew my painting equipment, paints/brushes/cans of coke etc hence they do not count towards my actual goal.
At this point I have the following left to go an Ultramarines Rhino and 4 Terminators.
The Ultramarines Rhino is already up to ebay and the termies will follow soon. Money collected from them will go to painting equipment so they do not count towards my goal.
The Rhino is up to CMON, so you can vote for it here (http://www.coolminiornot.com/291086) if you feel like it :)

Following that I have the ones below that will count towards the PfP challenge:

WFB Storm of Magic Chimera
Daemon Prince
Njal Stormcaller
Ogre Kingdoms Battalion

When time comes I will list them and calculate their retail price tag/ebay-paypal fees/packing and posting cost as my expenses deducted from the money pot.
New minis will be bought with money earned. I just need to figure a percentage of money I will spend on buying new ones on a monthly basis.
I will opt for a 300 USD profit till end of February. This will be phase 1 of the PfP which will hopefully yield some perspective and ideas to help with phase 2.
I will probably use part of my profit on the end of phase 1 to get a decent lighting equipment, and phase 2 will be the one to help with getting a decent camera
I just hope that by that time Greece will still be on the map..
Cheers!

Darklord
05-11-2011, 01:13 PM
best of luck mate, let me know the ebay numbers and Ill pop them on the front page for you

NestorV
05-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks DL. The number for the rhino is 260886572048. I will need to start working on these old termies at some point. Nestor needs new brushes to lick....(ahem...)

Darklord
05-11-2011, 01:30 PM
ok mate popped that up for you

NestorV
05-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Cheers DL!

NestorV
11-11-2011, 12:25 PM
The rhino is now gone. Next is the Prince.
Here is a finished shot of the model. I will post to ebay and I will edit this thread when I do.
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/nvolakis/Warriors%20of%20Chaos/DemonPrince-1.jpg
Here is also the link to CMON http://www.coolminiornot.com/291559

Ulfgrimr
11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Nice neat job Nestor, the simple base works well with the mini. Hope it does well for you in the pfp.

NestorV
12-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I have posted this to ebay yesterday. I opted for a price just a cent less shy of 60USD.
Up to this point it has a 7.3 score on CMON. My guess is that when something is marked for ebay scores tend to go down..anyways..
Here is the link to ebay just to have a complete thread :)

ScottRadom
12-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Good luck man!