PDA

View Full Version : WAMP Monthly: Winner!

Captain Sprout
15-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks to the monthly comp competitors..the winner is Spellscape. A closely fought contest, there were just a few points between the top places.

Congrats on the win and thanks to all who voted. :cool:

Please PM me your address Spellscape, so you can receive your prize. :biggrin:

Ulfgrimr
15-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Congratulations Spellscape and well done to all entrants.

ScottRadom
15-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Well done. On to the next one!

shanerozzell
15-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Well Done that man :smile:

MaGie
15-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Congratulations Spellscape! Deserved win :)
Im slightly confused on how the votes are added up but who cares! Great job everyone :)
Thanks CS for bringing back this contest!

ScottRadom
15-10-2011, 09:03 PM
I took a quick gander and added up the scores. I might be off but I got average scores of...

Simeon Six - 16

MaGie - 17.21

Waghorn - 15.29

Spellscape - 16.81

As a guess I would bet that CS added all the scores, but as some voters couldn't vote on their own work each entrant did not neccessarily have the same number of votes. It's happened before.

waghorn41
16-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Congrats Spellscape and Yay me, I came last again :dance:

Captain Sprout
16-10-2011, 01:15 AM
I did add the votes, we didn't say it would be an average so it was done on totals.

It is the case that some people didn't vote on others work although they competed (but they didn't vote on their own either) and other people did. I could have discounted those scores but we did say highest mark and that was how it came out.

If we want to go with something else (such as discounting participants votes, averages, etc etc) I am happy to do that.

Might be better just to do a poll and let people vote for one thing as their top model, or in order but I do think its nicer to have the comments.

Anyway if people want to suggest a better way of marking then do and we can look at changing it.

ScottRadom
16-10-2011, 01:34 AM
. I could have discounted those scores but we did say highest mark and that was how it came out.

I don't see how it's fair to run with totals knowing that some got more votes than others. I thought we'd hammered this out before?

Captain Sprout
16-10-2011, 02:02 AM
I wasn't aware of that, I don't pay much attention to threads arguing about scores I am afraid, though obviously I am interested in seeing things done fairly.

However some people did (and might again) get more votes than others. And by ignoring that you are also discounting those people votes.

I am happy to review it or to re add it up if people feel strongly about it.

Seeing as it will cause an endless thread debating how we should add up some numbers in a list and to be honest I am not into the comp idea to do that, I'll do a small prize for second place as well to even it out and then we can move on.

MaGie also PM me your address :smile:

MaGie
16-10-2011, 03:18 AM
Don't worry about it Sprout, I'm joining in on these competitions for the fun of it and because I think it's great that you re-vamped this contest. I agree that this voting system sometimes gets a bit tricky.
Anyway, i really liked Spellscapes entry and let's not rain on his parade :)

Also, you can keep the suggested extra price for the next contest, can't wait to see what the theme Will be!

Captain Sprout
16-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks MaGie, sorry if I have rather spoiled the scoring for people, but lessons learned and all that.

Sent you a PM about the mini :smile:

Spellscape
25-10-2011, 12:30 AM
I only today noticed this thread :stab:
I don't get how i can win if
Simeon Six - 16

MaGie - 17.21

Waghorn - 15.29

Spellscape - 16.81

I'm really puzzled :biggrin:

waghorn41
25-10-2011, 09:05 PM
I only today noticed this thread :stab:
I don't get how i can win if
Simeon Six - 16
MaGie - 17.21
Waghorn - 15.29
Spellscape - 16.81
I'm really puzzled :biggrin:

This IS the wamp, just accept the result and accolades - makes it easier all round :rolleyes:

Captain Sprout
25-10-2011, 09:06 PM
It was an experiment, send your address for the results :smile:

Spellscape
25-10-2011, 09:21 PM
It was an experiment, send your address for the results :smile:
Who ? Me? What do I get?

Captain Sprout
25-10-2011, 09:23 PM
The prize :smile: Couple of models, base, that sort of thing. Drop me your address and it will be on the way.

Don't worry I am sending MaGie something too :smile:

Spellscape
25-10-2011, 09:25 PM
The prize :smile: Couple of models, base, that sort of thing. Drop me your address and it will be on the way.

Don't worry I am sending MaGie something too :smile:
Oh Great :grin
I just used this competition as excuse to paint Hurn :toomuchinfo:

Captain Sprout
26-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Its paid off :smile:

Spellscape
09-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Great what about new contest?