PDA

View Full Version : WAMP monthly..the movies... its the voting!

Captain Sprout
14-09-2011, 09:14 PM
So the WAMP monthly has finished and the entries are in. Thanks to all who entered and supported the rewamp.

Please vote for your favourite. Think of it it like the Oscars. With less international prejudice please.

Entries are

Pirate of the Caribbean by Simeon Six

Mr Frodo by MaGie

Pie Rats of the Caribbean by Waghorn41

Hurn the headhunter AKA Predator) by Spellscape

Post your marks in this thread.

Scores will be out of 20 points, 10 for adherence to theme, 10 for painting, modelling and all things mini. Please also add a comment if you can as we all know the artists appreciate it.

Top score wins.

Don't forget there will be a mystery surprise for the WAMPer who votes in the most comps.

waghorn41
14-09-2011, 11:32 PM
I've commented in the gallery so here are the votes; really down to painting as they've all nailed the theme.

Theme: 10
Painting: 8

Mr Frodo by MaGie
Painting: 9

MaGie
16-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Here are my votes:

Theme: 9
Nice piece! I like the colour combination a lot. Agree with waghorn about the base, it's a little distracting. Nice work on the rust of the sword.

Original and very funny!
Painting: 6
The rats & boat seem a little rushed, I do really like the painted waves.

Solid piece! Nice work on the metals. In the picture, for me at least, the skin colour is very dark and I have difficulties in seeing the difference between different parts of the mini. I think this is the photo however. Good base!

Come on WAMPers, put it some more votes :)

Ulfgrimr
16-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Painting:8 Nice work but the highlights look a little too 'white' across the different areas for me. Like the colours chosen and the rusty sword.

Mr Frodo by MaGie
Painting: 9 Very nice piece, the tufts of grass are a liitle distracting but I love the green of the cloak and the green/ochre waistcoat.

Painting:6 Very amusing take on the theme.

Painting:8 Nice model, although there seems to be an odd texture throughout the piece. I like the metallics and the colour used for the skin.

Good luck to all 4 of you.

MamaGeek
16-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Theme: 8
Painting: 7
When you read the title, you say, "oh, yeah!" and get the theme tie-in, but just looking at the mini, I didn't get it. Maybe a signboard on that fancy base would have done it. Still, it definitely fits, so I gave it an 8 for that. The painting and colors are great, but the blends could be smoother.

Mr Frodo by MaGie
You got all the colors right on Frodo (I Googled for a photo from the movie to check), and it is obvious at first glance what movie this is from. The base is very nice, but nothing about it really screams Middle Earth, so that's why it got an 9 instead of a 10. The painting is well done, but the blends could be a little smoother.

Painting: 6.5
What can I say? I am a sucker for humorous twists on a theme, and this one is pure gold. The painting is pretty basic compared to the other entries, although it is clean and solid.

I recognized the Predator right off, and the base fits him perfectly. It is subtle and appropriate to the movies. Great job! The painting is well done, especially the overall color scheme, although adding some freehand for the Predator's body markings (http://ideologyofmadness.spookyouthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/predators1w560h671.jpg) would have brought this entry to the top. The shading also looks a little rough in places.

waghorn41
22-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Come on people get voting there are three good entries waiting for the result. At least whoever comes third will have the satisfaction of knowing they didn't come last - thanks to wag and his rats :biggrin:

MamaGeek
22-09-2011, 08:49 PM
I liked your rats!

vegel
28-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Theme: 7

Mr Frodo by MaGie
impressive paint job

Painting: 6

NeatPete
28-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Here's a link to the galleries: http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g770-wamp-monthly-xviiithe-movies.html

I like the wooden dock base the best

Mr Frodo by MaGie
Painting: 7.5
I like the greens, the eyes look a bit funky to me though. Cool shading on the whole thing as well. "But I want to hear more about Samwise the brave"

Painting: 6.5
LOL, oh thats a good one wag. Not a blood bowl ork either, I had to do a double take just to make sure I was looking at your entry.

Hurn the headhunter AKA Predator by Spellscape
Painting: 7.5
Cool mini, I have one of these and need to paint it.

Captain Sprout
29-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks all who voted so far.

I'll close the voting at the weekend so please do cast your votes anyone who still wants to!

vegascat
29-09-2011, 09:58 PM

Mr Frodo by MaGie
Painting: 9

Pie-rats of the Carribean by Waghorn41

ScottRadom
05-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Theme 7/10 Paint 7/10

Mr Frodo by MaGie
Theme 7/10 Paint 8/10

Theme 9/10 Paint 5/10

Theme 7/10 paint 8/10

Good work gang! I look forward to taking part in these now that I should have more free time. I like the idea of the re-wamp! Well done all.

Captain Sprout
11-10-2011, 10:44 PM
No more votes? In that case results tomorrow. Thanks all who voted!