PDA

View Full Version : Red Box Games 2011 Painting Contest

Darklord
13-09-2011, 10:06 AM
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz252/wamp-forum/redbox.jpg

Our latest contest see's the return of one of our most popular sponsors of last year. Red box Games is back to tempt you with a veritable buffet of delicous miniature treats to gorge upon. RedBox Games is run by one of our own Wampers Tre Manor and he's a great bloke with fantastic talent so theres even more reason to support this contest. And just in case that wasn't enough Redbox have laid on some fine prizes to tempt you further. In fact the prizes are even bigger than last years!

Prizes:
1st - $100 Redbox Games credit
2nd - $75 credit
3rd $50 credit

Deadline:
25th November 2011 (6pm GMT)

(Supporters Deadline - 30th November 2011 (6pm GMT))

The rules:

You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here. (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/register.php)
You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
Images must be no larger than 800 pixels wide by 2500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
You give Wamp (including Portal (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/downloads.php?do=cat&id=1) Magazine) and RedBox Games permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
Judging will be conducted by public vote
Submissions must be posted to the Rebox Games 2011 Gallery (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g771-redbox-games-2011.html)
Credit is eligible at www.red-box-games.com/ (http://red-box-games.com/)

RedBox Games produce some cracking miniatures and more on them can be found here: www.red-box-games.com/ (http://red-box-games.com/)

Go forth and paint my pretties!

Brett

mercius
13-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I am so in....I am just working on finishing up a RBG mini, at the rate I am painting lately it should be done by the deadline!

Darklord
13-09-2011, 04:04 PM
loads of time - 2 1/2 months

aphorys
13-09-2011, 04:52 PM
perfect
i want to work a little barbarian

Redfinger
13-09-2011, 06:15 PM
I will thow my hat in this ring as well, I have a project I am working on that should be ready for paint by then. Any restriction on the size of the entry? 28mm, 54mm, ect...

kdlynch
13-09-2011, 06:30 PM
just needs to be mini(s) from red-box-games... i think they only do 28s.

Redfinger
13-09-2011, 06:32 PM
hmmm...I did not realize that it had to be a Red Box Mini...oh well hat with drawn,maybe next time.

Ashton

kdlynch
13-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Is plenty of time to get a mini from them (he ships very fast). Very nice looking minis, as well. :)

Redfinger
13-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Is plenty of time to get a mini from them (he ships very fast). Very nice looking minis, as well. :)

Oh no doubt there stuff is great....however, the reality of my checking account differs with the reality of my hobby.

Ashton

breadhead.
13-09-2011, 06:44 PM
I have a cunning plan to finish the Red Box miniature I started for last years competition and enter it into this years...:belial:

And if it all goes tits up again I can enter it next year.

Or the year after maybe?

Shades
13-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Tempting. I still have plenty of RBG figures from last year's unfettered purchasing binge. And my Bloodmaw and Horsebane figure is one of my favorite finished pieces. Maybe it's time to add a partner piece. Oh yeah, and it would be nice to win and acquire those last two additions to the range.

NeatPete
13-09-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm on this like a rat on a cheeto.

Moth
13-09-2011, 08:55 PM
wow, some great prizes here. Good luck to everyone!

sublimebrushwork
13-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Sounds most interesting. If I have time...

Dr.Mercury
15-09-2011, 01:52 AM
I am in.
I have 2 different red box minis on my painting table right now waiting to be touched with a brush

Noddwyr
15-09-2011, 02:31 AM
Ok I have said this before and not entered, but I am definitely entering this one. I have even already about 30% of it, and still have plenty of time to finish. And then I have another RBG mini lying about so maybe Ill have two entries. Exciting. :)

GreyHorde
15-09-2011, 05:25 AM
There's a lot going on between now and end of Nov, but I have a couple of RBG minis on hand and might get in on this one.

Leopardpixie
15-09-2011, 05:52 PM
This place has some of the models at discount if you want them. http://www.fantization.com/redboxgamesclearencestore-40off.aspx

Spellscape
15-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Link to RBG gallery not working -
404 Not Found The resource requested could not be found on this server!

Leopardpixie
15-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Link to RBG gallery not working -
404 Not Found

The resource requested could not be found on this server!

odd. I just clicked the link and it worked. Heres the site then http://www.fantization.com/ you can find the redbox minis from there in the clearance section.

tre
17-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Ugh......... what a wonderful offer they are running at Fantization, how very very wonderful indeed.

As to the contest I am really looking forward to this years entries! The efforts you guys put forward last year REALLY made my year, you guys really don't know how much each and every RBG PJ means to me. In my book they are ALL winners!

Leopardpixie
18-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Ugh......... what a wonderful offer they are running at Fantization, how very very wonderful indeed.

Dont shoot the messenger. I just googled RBG and thats what i found.

Lyn
18-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi Tre! hope all is well with you! missed you at GenCon this year. I am planning on entering this contest also and I am very excited! =) :biggrin:

tre
18-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Oh no Leopard pixie not directed at you the "Ugh" is for Fantization's " sale ".

Hey Lyn! Yeh I did not get to make it to GenCon this year. Unfortunately it was just too expensive to make thi syear. Next year though DEFINITELY! I look forward to seeign what you do for the contest! :D

Darklord
18-09-2011, 04:53 PM
buy direct from Tre folks if you can - his prices are great and better he gets that extra cash as its him supporting the contest not Fantization

tre
18-09-2011, 09:29 PM
:) Cheers Brett. p.s. I can't find your most recent email to reply directly to it so shoot me another message and I will get back immediately.

Fantization is almost out of stock now already. He was not keeping much on hand anyway.

ScottRadom
18-09-2011, 09:47 PM
It's been my experience fantization does not keep their mini's in stock period. Sure, you can pay for them, and they'll take your cash for express delivery, have the mini's actually in stock? Not so much. Avoid!

SolonaDusk
19-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I have been waiting for this contest forever! :) already have minis on the way super excited to begin working on them and seeing everyone's masterpieces!!:smile:

Darklord
19-09-2011, 10:26 PM
I have been waiting for this contest forever! :) already have minis on the way super excited to begin working on them and seeing everyone's masterpieces!!:smile:

going to be a great contest - wish I had the time to enter myself!

Leopardpixie
23-09-2011, 04:43 AM
Just placed and order at RBG. now to figure out that to do. Every one always has such nice decorated bases. >< GRRRr at peoples abilities to make them.

Redfinger
23-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Well I broke down and bought one, though I really do not know how I will fair against some of the artists here, I am just starting this journey, others have been doing it for so long! We will see what happens!

Ashton

Darklord
23-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Just placed and order at RBG. now to figure out that to do. Every one always has such nice decorated bases. >< GRRRr at peoples abilities to make them.

put up a WIP pixie - plenty of folks will try and help even if they are competing against you - its how we roll

Mike_the_magi
23-09-2011, 12:27 PM
I'll be throwing my hat into the ring as well, not got a lot of choice now that a RBG miniature is winging its way over to me.

tre
23-09-2011, 10:14 PM
en route now actually.

Nomad
27-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Well I broke down and bought one, though I really do not know how I will fair against some of the artists here, I am just starting this journey, others have been doing it for so long! We will see what happens!

Ashton

It's a long road, a tough one but well worth the trip. Just remember to take the journey slowly, enjoying all you can along the way.

I is hoping to maybe get into this but I needs to get a model first. I just spent all my spare $ on the Kingdom Death model. Next week though...

Darklord
27-09-2011, 11:02 AM
forget the contest element and just have fun painting it.

NeatPete
27-09-2011, 05:02 PM
agreed.

Nothing more rewarding than relaxing and enjoying what your doing.

Redfinger
28-09-2011, 04:24 AM
Well, the RBG mini arrived today, it is already cleaned up, primed and on the temp base....I am really excited about this and I am hope that the basing effect that I have in mind will translate well. I have done it in 1/35 scale, but I am a bit anxious about 28mm.....

Ashton

Leopardpixie
28-09-2011, 04:19 PM
\ I have done it in 1/35 scale, but I am a bit anxious about 28mm.....

Ashton

That was my first thought when seeing the minis >< Its amazing what a the difference between 28 and 32 heroic scale that im used to :(

Darklord
28-09-2011, 04:30 PM
and I thought size didnt matter!

Leopardpixie
28-09-2011, 05:08 PM
and I thought size didnt matter!

Thats what they all say. But do they really mean it?

Redfinger
28-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Thats what they all say. But do they really mean it?

Well there is a confidence booster for the ego....

Leopardpixie
28-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Well there is a confidence booster for the ego....\

hahahah well those 4 extra mm make a HUGE difference ;)

Redfinger
28-09-2011, 05:18 PM
\

hahahah well those 4 extra mm make a HUGE difference ;)

Oh boy, cant resist....

http://youtu.be/SAAi_42uIkQ

Ashton

Leopardpixie
28-09-2011, 07:13 PM
O my, thats what he said.....

NeatPete
05-10-2011, 02:05 AM
wow, 30th NOV? NICE! Hello back burner. That's actually a really good thing as these wont be rushed now. I'll pick you up after Halloween.

sublimebrushwork
05-10-2011, 12:38 PM
My figures came thru a while ago and tis time to get started. Um, is it just me or is the link to the gallery for this comp broken...?

Darklord
05-10-2011, 12:46 PM
. Um, is it just me or is the link to the gallery for this comp broken...?

yeah it was, my mistake - its working again now

ScottRadom
06-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Allright. Time for me to go through the mix and see what I want to do. Or I could wait until my latest order shows up with all the undead. Hunh.... better to get started now I think.

HaWior
06-10-2011, 09:56 AM
There is one Red Box miniature on my table that waits to be painted.

vegascat
06-10-2011, 03:56 PM
RBG isn't carried in my area and local purchasing is about all I'm up to purchase unfortunately. They have some great looking models.

TheProdigalGamer
10-10-2011, 11:00 PM
any US based shops that carry these? I'd love to see it all to Tre, but the conversion fees + international shipping are chewing HUGE chunks in my model budget.

NeatPete
10-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Luckily for you RBG is right here in good ol' USA (so you know its good)

Shipping to my hood is $3. Can't get much better than that!

http://red-box-games.com/shop/

TheProdigalGamer
10-10-2011, 11:20 PM
WoW I'm losing my flipping mind. Browsing SOOO many miniature sites atm. TY NeatPete.

Order incoming Tre!

ScottRadom
11-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Yeah, it's a great site to browse. There's not a lot of manufacturers I buy direct from simply because of shipping and handling costs vs. the amount of mini's I actually want/need to order from a specific manufacturer but RBG does the double whammy, cheap shipping and tons of mini's I want to buy. I think I have the majority of the range but I still find stuff from the back catalogue and certainly the new releases I always want to buy.

For what's basically a one man show RBG sure does a bang up job. Between Tre and Jeff at Dragon Forge Designs I think they've really shown the model of what motivation, skill, and determination can do in this new online world.

Coenus
11-10-2011, 01:05 PM
It should be said that international shipping is cheap as well, 5 dollars for two models from the USA to mainland Europe. Combine that with the low prices of the models themselves, nice exchange rates (a.k.a. the possible plus side of an economical crisis) and the amazing quality of the miniatures, they're a great deal wherever you are located. Then they arrive in less time than many models take to get from England to mainland Europe, and upon arrival you notice the models are even better than you expected (and I had high expectations!). Yeah, high praise indeed. Now only to find some time to paint...

Shades
15-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Two figures painted for a mini-diorama (duel). I'm on the home stretch (some base and plinth work). I hope to post within the week.

Leopardpixie
15-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Im still waiting on my order placed last month :(

ScottRadom
15-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Tiffany did you order some of the pre-release stuff like the zombies? I did too and their not out quite yet. I believe.

tre
17-10-2011, 02:36 AM
:redface: Unfortunately yes, they have not yet gone out. I am informed that I will have the figures this week though. I am truly sorry for difficulties this may have caused anyone.

TheProdigalGamer
17-10-2011, 02:42 AM
I am SORT OF patiently waiting for my order. I chose Christia the chaste and the new minstrel.

Leopardpixie
17-10-2011, 10:16 AM
I did Scott. Just couldn't pass up the zombies. *drool*. I was hoping I would get them and work on them before my surgery date. But I don't see that happening. ><.

Still cAnt wait though. So excited. :D

NeatPete
17-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Just ordered me up those undead zombies and some misc other NPC minis.

I preped and primed a whole grip of RBG minis this weekend.

tre
18-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey Guys, I should be getting the package today or tomorrow. I am REALLY very sorry that it has dragged out this way. Believe me when I say that I am just as upset that the figures are not yet in hand as you guys are. I am sitting here waiting for the boxes to arrive with a bunch of printed invoices and addressed envelopes. There is a significant back log to power through and I am going from first to last so it may take a while to get every thign out the door once the figures DO arrive but I would imagine that I shoulf have all of the orders processed out by friday.

TheProdigalGamer
18-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I know you are probably more frustrated than we. Thanks for the communication so we are aware of the difficulties.
Looking forward to them when they do arrive!

tre
19-10-2011, 02:49 AM
still waiting....................

Darklord
19-10-2011, 09:46 AM
if they are much longer I can push the deadline back a week to compensate

Leopardpixie
19-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Every one wants ZOMBIES! BRAINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

tre
20-10-2011, 01:57 AM
No kidding those thing shave sold really well.

TheProdigalGamer
20-10-2011, 02:16 AM
No zombies for me. Can't go wrong with the fairer sex. Unlike IRL, these are much cheaper and I can get my hands on ones far out of my league LOL

Darklord
22-10-2011, 10:52 AM
***CONTEST UPDATE***

Due to delays in some of you receiving your minis from Redbox Games we have decided to extend the contest deadline by 2 weeks.

The new deadline is 6pm GMT 9th December 2011

Supporters Deadline is 14th December 2011

TheProdigalGamer
22-10-2011, 03:30 PM
The great news is Tre said he got a order shipped confirmation on all the RGB minis also so he should receive and be able to ship those soon too.

tre
22-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Ok, first let me apologize for my long silence about the recent delays. I have been silent because I have not felt that I had reliable information upon which to rely or relay. Suffice it to say that things did not go according to plan on the recent releases. The release had to be broken up between 2 separate services int he hope that that would mean a faster turn around time for the castings. There have been some issues of quality along the way that had to be addressed that increased the production time.

The good news is that the character figures are in and all orders that listed character figures only have been packed and will be shipped today.

The bad news is that the undead are still not yet in hand. I am reliably informed that the castings will be shipped to me either today or by monday at the latest.

Thus far I have not packed any orders that contain the undead. If you have ordered the undead ( lesser undead OR the Wraiths ) and would like for me to go ahead and ship what I have of your order now, simply email me directly and I will do so gladly. Further I will ship the undead when they DO arrive at my own expense.

Thank you all very much for your patience and I am very very sorry and terribly embarrassed to have abused it thus far.

Sincerely,

Tre Manor

ScottRadom
22-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Nah, I'll wait for my order. TY Tre!

NeatPete
22-10-2011, 06:38 PM
yeah me too. thanks for the update man!

Leopardpixie
22-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I'll wait as well.

Jabberwocky
22-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear things are moving along, albeit slower than anticipated. I'll bide my time....it is not like my lead pile is in danger of running out!

tre
23-10-2011, 03:45 PM
:) Thanks guys. I really appreciate your patience on this. Due to this it may be a while yet before we see the next releases. No way in hell am I going back down this route!

Cubster
23-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I ordered a ham sandwich ... is this in the box now or in the fridge?

Do I get a free side order of curly fries?

Hmmmm .... curly fries ....

tre
24-10-2011, 07:54 PM
TH E UNDEAD HAVE ARRIVED!!! I will here-by be packing liek crazy to get as much out today as possiblle!! Thanks fro your pateicen guys!

Darklord
24-10-2011, 08:23 PM
TH E UNDEAD HAVE ARRIVED!!! I will here-by be packing liek crazy to get as much out today as possiblle!! Thanks fro your pateicen guys!

Good news!! Now if they would just hurry up and ship your spellchecker!

NeatPete
24-10-2011, 08:30 PM
spellchecks for sukkers!

NeatPete
24-10-2011, 08:32 PM
THE UNDEAD HAVE ARRIVED!!!

I knew this day would come soon! I'm going to leave work early and go fortify the place. I'll pick up some water and ammo on the way home. Bring it on you undead scumbags! Been waiting for this day for a while now.

TheProdigalGamer
24-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Hay he's ecxited LOL

Cubster
28-10-2011, 07:52 PM
When my zombies arrive, do I need to keep them in a separate drawer from my other models to prevent them turning all the rest into zombies too?

NeatPete
28-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Jeez man, they were cheap enough as it is. Now your trying to get MORE? Cheap *******. :P

Cubster
28-10-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm so cheap that when I've eaten sweetcorn I take a sieve to the toilet.

NeatPete
28-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Ha-ha that's pretty cheap.
Out of respect for WAMP and RBG, I wont even try to keep that going...

aw... screw it, no repect. This one group of my friends have this saying, "She's so corn" wich means she's so hot you'd eat the corn outta her poo. Never quite got into saying that, but everytime they do I just shake my head.
:no:

So uhm, how bout those RBG mini's eh? I'm actully hoping they are in my mailbox when I skip outta work 15 min early today.

tre
29-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Definitely should be by now Pete.

NeatPete
29-10-2011, 07:10 PM
nothing but stupid CC spam in my mail box on Friday :( Damn you Chase! Why do you send me 2 of the same CC offer 3 days a week, every other week? I'm bout to start mailing pron back to them in the little prepaid envelopes.

They could be here today though, sometimes my postal guy comes on Sat, sometimes he doesn't feel like it and just leaves my netflix sitting there. No biggie either way, the RBG minis I'm painting for the contest are already primed and some paint is on them. I am excited about the undead though. And really want to get those wraith nights next time. I've got a D&D party to torment with some undeadness. I'll go check the box after my morning WAMP.

Leopardpixie
01-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I got mine, havent opened the package yet, its been a hell of a long tiring month. Will take a extra long gander at them in the morning. Right now, sleep is all i want and need...

Darklord
01-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Will take a extra long gander at them in the morning. Right now, sleep is all i want and need...

Yet you come on here to see me instead, cheers Hun!

NeatPete
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Nothing from RBG for me on Monday. Got a rackham mini from ebay Europe though :)

tre
02-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Ok this should have made it by now. Anythign today?

NeatPete
02-11-2011, 02:53 AM
nope

Shades
02-11-2011, 04:04 AM
Posted! Woo-hoo!

I had a major slowdown, trying to locate my artists' ink-pens, which I needed to scribe the placard on the plinth. I ended up buying a cheap calligraphy set at the bookstore today.

I had a fire under my butt when I happened to check out Massive Voodoo two days ago, and I saw that Roman Lappat (Jarhead) intends to use one of the same characters that I'm using. So I scrambled to make sure I posted mine first! ;-)

I'm pleased how it turned out. I had fun with this one, and I practiced some color blending that was instructive for me. The colors are subtle, though, and they're probably only noticable in real life. Hopefully, it makes a difference at least on a subliminal level.

Check it out: link (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/redbox-games-2011/p2798-defiance-21.html)

tre
02-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I. Love. It.

Hell yes Shades! Well done man! I am still giggling to myself about it. hah hah Oh that is perfect! Very well painted as well, btu the composition really puts it a little higher up. :D

Darklord
02-11-2011, 03:30 PM
is he flipping the bird?!! the ground work is awesome mate - a tute on that sometime would be great

NeatPete
02-11-2011, 04:42 PM
awesome!
I'll be using that little guy as well. Wish we had more pics though. Good luck in the contest man, its a good'n

Shades
03-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Tre, it's a wonderful reward to hear such a positive response from the sculptor himself. I tell you, I got such a kick when I came across that goblin, a hidden gem in the set. I thought, "Oh, wow, Tre had a lot of fun sculpting that guy -- how hilarious!" I knew I had to do something special with him -- he deserved a spotlight in his own little story.

DL, yes indeed, he is flipping the bird. The vignette is inspired by on an old poster that I saw when I was a kid. It was at Spencer Gifts, a cheesy gag-gift store that sold all sorts of adult-themed toys, electronic gadgets, the entire Smurf collection.... In the back of the store, they had a dark area, where they displayed lava lamps, fiber optic trees, and black velvet posters of fantasy images, panthers, and such. As a 70's/80's adolescent, Spencer's was a "go-to" store, along with the video arcade. One of the black velvet posters featured a small but heroic mouse, flipping off a massive eagle that was sweeping down with talons outstretched, ready to grab the mouse. The poster was titled "Defiance" or "The Last Act of Defiance", I forget which. Funny what weird images and memories drift in a person's head, ready for the right time to reemerge...

Thanks for the comment on the groundwork. I can thank NeatPete for his "Share the Love" campaign and contributing a variety of flock for me to choose from, to add to the mix.

Pete, thanks again for the flock! I look forward to seeing how you use Tre's awesome character. Maybe I'll put together a photo collage to supplement the main entry.

Speaking of which. Brett, should I wait until the contest is over to post the photo on CMON? Or is it just required to post to WAMP first? I can wait until the end of the contest, no problem. I don't want to push the rules or risk disqualifying my entry.

NestorV
03-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Count me in on this one :) I bought and Aurelius mini from Tre last year but never got around to paint it up for last year's contest.. Now I am back :cool:

P.S. Can we base them on a scenic base instead of the ones supplied with the minis?

Darklord
03-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Speaking of which. Brett, should I wait until the contest is over to post the photo on CMON? Or is it just required to post to WAMP first? I can wait until the end of the contest, no problem. I don't want to push the rules or risk disqualifying my entry.

No once its up on wamp you can go stick it where you like mate

NeatPete
03-11-2011, 05:52 PM
P.S. Can we base them on a scenic base instead of the ones supplied with the minis?

Anything you want.

ScottRadom
13-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Anyone got their undead yet? I'm waiting on mine for the comp I think.

tre
13-11-2011, 09:58 PM
:/ This is not good. Check your pm box Scott.

ScottRadom
14-11-2011, 04:55 AM
Well I got a PM from Tre in about 5 minutes with a ship date and a tracking number. Even when it's poor news (likely Canadian customs) can't fault Tre for service! 5 minutes to an answer I didn't even really ask him. On a Sunday. Attaboy Tre!

NeatPete
14-11-2011, 06:47 AM
mine were delayed due to my local PO. Tre was proactive and reached out to me as well. Whata guy!

Got some work done on my RBG entries this weekend.

tre
14-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Cheers guys! I try my best to earn your trust and business! :D

REALLY looking forward to seeing this year's entries!

Darklord
14-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Tre = Wamp Legend. Time for an Honorary Smilie I think!

http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?8995-Honorary-Wamper-Smilies&p=153987#post153987

ScottRadom
15-11-2011, 12:14 AM
My package arrived today. Sweet!

Sparks
16-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Sorry not to support Tre directly, but left this too late and just bought two possible entries off of ebay. Gives me about a week to get them done, eep!

Nameless
20-11-2011, 10:02 PM
primed 2 minis today... 25th November, you say?

ScottRadom
20-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I thought it was the 15th, no? I may have time to do another one then!

Coenus
20-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Isn't this the latest?

(22-10-2011 10:52 AM)

***CONTEST UPDATE***

Due to delays in some of you receiving your minis from Redbox Games we have decided to extend the contest deadline by 2 weeks.

The new deadline is 6pm GMT 9th December 2011

Supporters Deadline is 14th December 2011

ScottRadom
20-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Allright! That works just fine!

NeatPete
21-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Even better! Was still shooting for the 30th.

Could a mod please update the first post.

Lyn
22-11-2011, 04:49 PM
oooh! That makes me happy! Now I can possibly finish my RBG entry! lol
I have been working so much that I have not had any free time. Hopefully I can have some time on Thanksgiving. :biggrin:

DaveyBoy
29-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Just uploaded my entry for this one.

Sparks
30-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Got my possible entries in the post today. Good news is they're small, so can be painted quickly. The bad news- they're small! Lots of great detail, great job mr. TRE!

Nameless
07-12-2011, 12:21 PM
didn't have time for a showcase level, but I wanted to support Tre and I think I will have an entry for this contest :)

NeatPete
07-12-2011, 06:43 PM
The homestretch: here I come!

MaGie
07-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I still plan on entering this contest, but I haven't started anything yet. So I guess it will be another last minute paintjob :)

NeatPete
07-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Those are my favorite!

Nameless
08-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Hansel and Gretel aka Fantasy Police Squad are in the contest gallery :)
good luck all!

Lyn
09-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I was just checking to see if supporters get an extra few days with the extension! Thank goodness we do! LOL I have been working on my piece all day yesterday and I am getting ready to continue, but painting the skin is not cooperating today! lol

Shades
10-12-2011, 12:42 AM
I have been working on my piece all day yesterday and I am getting ready to continue, but painting the skin is not cooperating today! lol

Show us a WIP. :-D

CrookedEye
10-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Come on Lyn, you can do it!

Zach

Darklord
13-12-2011, 04:05 PM
1 day left folks - get those last entries in

NeatPete
13-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I've got my main entry ready for pics, the camera battery is charging, and the goblin spearman(all 6 of them) are 70% done. Wont finish them tonight, but may be able to pick one and get it done after work. We shall see.

Sparks
14-12-2011, 01:30 AM
woot! who needs sleep anyway? finally got my pic in the gallery. Cheers tre for an awesome mini to paint, hope I've done it justice! (note- the photos aren't total shockers this time around:jiggy:

Darklord
14-12-2011, 05:00 PM
2 hours left for those entries people

NeatPete
14-12-2011, 05:55 PM
How do I view a contest gallery from the new gallery? If I click on contests, it brings me to threads, not pictures.

Nameless
14-12-2011, 06:00 PM
had the same problem, found the link to the old gallery :)

Darklord
14-12-2011, 06:00 PM
How do I view a contest gallery from the new gallery? If I click on contests, it brings me to threads, not pictures.

click on 'Old Gallery' (in the new gallery!)

Ill sort a better system in due course

kdlynch
14-12-2011, 06:05 PM
(duplicate info removed)

Darklord
14-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Deadline Has Passed!

No more entries allowed. I shall get the voting polls up in a couple of hours.
You have until then to check your entry and notify me of any problems.