PDA

View Full Version : Another Wamped?

Darklord
08-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I wondered if you guys wanted to have another Wamped! contest this winter?
If I run another one I would remove the manufacturer specific categories and have general ones (such as fantasy,sci-fi, large scale etc).

I am however wondering whether to simply continue the wamp specials throughout the year on a continuing basis. If we run Wamped! again then the wamp special would simply return after the contest is done

would appreciate your thoughts.

Moth
08-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Sounds like fun, could we have a category for digital art?

Darklord
08-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Sounds like fun, could we have a category for digital art?

you mean for sketches, CGI, etc?

War Griffon
08-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I quite liked the Wamped comp as it is a nice break from the specials at the end of the yeah.

Iacton
08-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Wamped was very cool.
I guess more than anything it is a case of weighing up who in terms of manufacturers is still waiting to have a sponsored competition and whether they will pull in enough entries to run as their own comp. If not, then an event like Wamped is a chance to group some together.

shanerozzell
08-09-2011, 12:01 PM
I liked it too, the new cats sound better because we had a few empty ones last year. Like Scott said tho it's where to fit it in.

MaGie
08-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I would really like another Wamped! It would be really nice if there were categories like you mention and I also think it would raise the number of entrants even more! It would also be nice to see a assembly of entries from different miniature companies within one category. It gives a lot of scope for putting different models together.

I don't think it should replace the wamp specials, as they particularly focus on a certain manufacturer which gives something for everyone. It's also nice that the contests are spread over the year, so if you're swamped at a moment or are not interested in that producer you can just skip a contest.

Basically I like all Wamp contests, it always has a great organization and there is a lot of diversity :)

Darklord
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
the wamped one wouldnt replace the specials they just take a rest while its on (gives me a bit of a break too!

Iacton
08-09-2011, 01:29 PM
As a thought, would it be worth running Wamped at the same time as the physical Wamp event, so that overseas peeps are involved more? (Not wishing to add to your work load at that time! lol)

Darklord
08-09-2011, 01:33 PM
It is something I have considered but that is primarily a real life event - the international cat does allow for anyone to enter without adding to much Bretty stress!

ogreninja
08-09-2011, 01:37 PM
i say keep wamp its a welcome break from specials

skippen
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
I would like to see another one as well.

NeatPete
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM
I'd like to see it. Changes in categories is great as needed.

krimso
08-09-2011, 03:30 PM
In my impression the best asset to a wamped contest with generic categories is the flexibility to choose any manufacturer. Less likely to feel pressure to purchase another figure and the ability to pull something off the shelf that's been waiting patiently to get a little love. I can think of about several hundred figures in a big pile in my basement that are collecting dust.

Darklord
08-09-2011, 03:36 PM
I best get planning then I suppose!

Undave
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Ask a silly question... :rolleyes:

Darklord
08-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Ask a silly question... :rolleyes:

ok erm, how about: How many times will a hippo belch during it's lifetime?

NeatPete
08-09-2011, 05:25 PM
not more than me.

NeatPete
08-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Any chance we can get WYRD and WAMP back together?

Darklord
08-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Any chance we can get WYRD and WAMP back together?

I doubt it mate TBH, I have tried several times but Wyrd has changed focus I think and the game coming out has swallowed up a lot of their time - still waiting for another Iron Painter!
If theres ever a chance though mate I will, love the Wyrd stuff and they are a great set of guys

It does look like next year will see a new sponsor and its an exciting one - one thats popular on Wamp and one of the bigger names in the hobby

Moth
08-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Absolutely LOVE iron painter... has it been suggested yet to start a WAMP version?

Darklord
08-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Absolutely LOVE iron painter... has it been suggested yet to start a WAMP version?

it was mooted a while back for it to move over here but Wyrd want to keep it (understandably) and I don't want to just copy another comp idea. The Wamp specials work well and established us as THE place for painting contests

Moth
08-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Makes sense. Seeing as Im back online, and not painting anymore... let me know if there is anything I can do again to lessen your workload Brett :)

Darklord
08-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Makes sense. Seeing as Im back online, and not painting anymore... let me know if there is anything I can do again to lessen your workload Brett :)

look after the kids?

Moth
08-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I take back what I said

NeatPete
08-09-2011, 07:23 PM
For what its worth, I spoke with Nathan (Mr. Wyrd) last week and he assured me IP is on the horizon. It will have its own website and as of that conversation, I'll be hosting it!

Darklord
08-09-2011, 07:25 PM
For what its worth, I spoke with Nathan (Mr. Wyrd) last week and he assured me IP is on the horizon. It will have its own website and as of that conversation, I'll be hosting it!

Yay! Another Wamper at the helm - Must win this year. Pete see to it or those nice shiney review minis go elsewhere and I change your username to Mr Poopy Head

NeatPete
08-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Mr. Poppy head would be acceptable.

Nomad
09-09-2011, 05:31 AM
look after the kids?

Stick 'em in the post, mate. It's what I do....