PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Death 2011 Painting Contest

Darklord
01-09-2011, 11:44 AM
http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/attachment.php?attachmentid=2170&d=1284660758

Its Back! The biggest single prize we offer in our Wamp Specials courtesy of our good friends at....
Kingdom Death!

This contest is one of our most anticipated of the year and we have some great prizes to match.

Prize:
There will be just one winner in this contest but what a prize!
The winner will receive a copy of EVERY miniature Kingdom death release between November 1st 2011 and November 1st 2012. That's EVERY new release for 1 YEAR!!

Only 1 prize? That's great for the winner but what about everyone else? Well EVERY person that enters will receive $25 credit for kingdom Death's on-line store. That's right each and every one of you that enters will receive that amount!

Interested? Thought you might be!!

You have until 6pm 9th November 2011 GMT to get your entries in.
(supporters you get until 6pm 14th November)

You may enter as many times as you like (but you will only receive one $25 credit.)

The rules:

You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here. (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/register.php)

You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
Images must be no larger than 800 pixels wide by 2500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
You give Wamp (including Portal Magazine) and Kingdom Death permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
Judging will be conducted by public vote
Submissions must be posted to the Kingdom Death 2011 Gallery (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g768-kingdom-death-2011.html)
Credit is eligible at www.kingdomdeath.com (http://www.kingdomdeath.com/) and is valid for 12 month's from issue. You must provide high quality images of your entry to be eligible. Credit is limited to 1 per person.

Kingdom death produce high quality miniatures in 35mm and more on them can be found here: www.kingdomdeath.com (http://www.kingdomdeath.com/)

Tempted? I bet you are, where else can you get free credit just for entering a contest!!
As if all that wasn't enough theres more! If you are a Wamp member you can receive an exclusive discount off your Kingdom Death order. For full details on this special offer Click here for details (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?8306-Kingdom-Death-Discount-for-Wamp-Members) (You must be a registered member to view the details - 'like' the post to see the details)

Iacton
01-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Bosh! I'm up for this one! :biggrin:

breadhead.
01-09-2011, 12:39 PM
I can no longer resist the lure of Kingdom Death.
A discount voucher, credit for entering and awesome models all combine to crumble my already weak resolve; order has been placed.

Iacton
01-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Oh, just realised it's not until the end of October too. That's even better :redface:

Darklord
01-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Oh, just realised it's not until the end of October too. That's even better :redface:

yeah I have moved the contest back a month to give extra time on them, I am too good to you folks

KittenCeleste
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyesssssssssssssssssss! :biggrin: Been waiting for this one since the beginning of the year. I've got just the candidates to put my last year's efforts to shame.
:spiderman:

DannyVasquez
01-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Got my order in for my entry, should be interesting as It will be the first non-GW piece ive done....excited!!

IceDrake77
01-09-2011, 03:03 PM
You know, I think that I will have to partake in this one, now that I have finished moving into my new place and have internet again.

zemjw
01-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Is there a UK distributor for Kingdom Death?

$25 is right at the limit of what you can bring into the UK before Customs get interested :frown:

Not sure if the link suggested something - I have a strong aversion to "liking" things for the sake of it (I'm considering getting professional help to overcome this, but not this week :rolleyes:)

Thanks

Inquisition
01-09-2011, 03:06 PM
yes... finally Kingdom death contest is here, been waiting for it since I read about it in portal magazine. The miniatures are amazing and its another reason to paint a Kingdom Death miniatures.

Anyway, cant seem to find the discount thingy after I clicked the LIKE button though... ?

Darklord
01-09-2011, 03:06 PM
the like is there so only registered users can see it (you have to be logged in to like)

Boonie
01-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Is there a UK distributor for Kingdom Death?

$25 is right at the limit of what you can bring into the UK before Customs get interested :frown:

Not sure if the link suggested something - I have a strong aversion to "liking" things for the sake of it (I'm considering getting professional help to overcome this, but not this week :rolleyes:)

Thanks

I bought 2 minis from them however I think they declared cost price on the AWB.

Inquisition
01-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Got it... I click the LIKE for facebook, thats why nothing happen, only to find out the like is the thread's like at the bottom with heart shape...

Gonna start ordering, some stock are finishing soon... haha... cheers!

dan01
01-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Ive got my order a few days ago, no excuse start painting!!

Sparks
01-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Has arrived at a nice time (e.g. post Games Day, end of Half Term, woop!), so should be entering this one, cheers for arranging it DL! Now to see if I can squeeze in a bits box entry and a Red Box Games one too...

Darklord
01-09-2011, 06:35 PM
no worries mate - part of the reason I shifted it back was to miss GD

Inquisition
01-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Yes... ordered my Kingdom Death miniatures already. Now waiting for shipping... cool! Cheers!

waghorn41
01-09-2011, 09:58 PM
well I started work on my entry months ago when it was announced the comp was going to take place. haven't got very far with it though :redface:

Chameleon
01-09-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm up for this one too! :grin

I wasn't going to as I thought it might be at the end of September, and so real life things would have got in the way, but now I know it's October I'm definitely up for this one!!

I've got my mini lined up for it- I think it'll be a popular entry as it's one of the newest figs, but it's also one of the nicest they've made so at the very least I'll enjoy painting it!

Now just need to decide what base I should do...

sublimebrushwork
01-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Just had a look at thier miniatures for the first time and I'm not gonna stop drooling for a while. Gotta have a go at this. Never painted anything in that scale before...

Fafnir
02-09-2011, 04:56 AM
Looks very interesting. Lovely models, and finally an excuse to buy one!

The only question is which one? It's a shame the Forsaker and Grandmother were a limited run, I really liked his design. Both the Great Game Hunter and Twilight Knight pinups look so good...

Arithon
03-09-2011, 11:15 AM
I have a couple laying around, might have to try and come up with something special for this one.

Evgeniy Liventsev
03-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Reading Wamp about month now, registered after i saw this contest.
KD models are awesome. Got Pinup Twilight Knight from them month ago, but was too scarred to begin. Now this contest gave me some courage :) I'm not good artist but I'll try my best.

bqwer
03-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Reading Wamp about month now, registered after i saw this contest.
KD models are awesome. Got Pinup Twilight Knight from them month ago, but was too scarred to begin. Now this contest gave me some courage :) I'm not good artist but I'll try my best.

Bah, reregistered with normal username. Why I didn't notice that field? (

StampedingViking
03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Ordered a figure, just hope this turns up in time for the comp.

Iacton
04-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Started a fairly substantial conversion over the last couple of days, and prepped another, although I need to work out a "safe" way of pinning it to the base...

krimso
07-09-2011, 04:34 PM
I placed an order the other day. Hadn't heard of them until recently and the figs are pretty impressive and with the discount and certificate its basically a free fig just for entering. Can't go wrong there.

Now I need to work on my photography skills. My pics have been brutal:redface: I guess I'll be off to check out the photography threads.

sublimebrushwork
07-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Placed my order now waiting for arrival. Gosh, SO exciting!!! :biggrin:

NeatPete
07-09-2011, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=Iacton;146340]Started a fairly substantial conversion over the last couple of days, and prepped another[QUOTE]

NOnoNO! Bad Iacton. No more entering WAMP contests and snatching up the prizes. Oh wait, there's only one prize, and I win as long as I enter... I mean, I can't wait to see what you come up with! Your entries are always so intimidating, errr, I mean inspiring! :tongue:

I bet we see some pretty sweet entries for this one.

Iacton
08-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Started a fairly substantial conversion over the last couple of days, and prepped another

NOnoNO! Bad Iacton. No more entering WAMP contests and snatching up the prizes. Oh wait, there's only one prize, and I win as long as I enter... I mean, I can't wait to see what you come up with! Your entries are always so intimidating, errr, I mean inspiring! :tongue:

I bet we see some pretty sweet entries for this one.

If it's any consolation, I spent about 4 hours diligently wet blending a big area of cloth a couple of nights back. Then sat back and looked at it, thought it looked poo and then painted it black! :wink:

NeatPete
08-09-2011, 03:41 PM
LOL, no it doesn't.

Thats one of the many things that makes you so good though. I'da just left it. :smile:

Iacton
08-09-2011, 03:56 PM
I nearly left it, then realised that I have nearly 2 MONTHS to get it right! :redface:

NeatPete
08-09-2011, 05:15 PM
at four hours a pop, 2 months aint that long with multiple entries. You better hurry!

breadhead.
08-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Just got notification my order has been shipped. Can't wait to get cracking on this :biggrin:

NeatPete
08-09-2011, 07:09 PM
whud ya get?

breadhead.
08-09-2011, 07:19 PM
I went with the Pinup Great Game Hunter. Now I just need to decide what to do with it.

NeatPete
08-09-2011, 07:30 PM
I hear ya. I've got the pinup twilight knight and the pinup preacher girl (really likes the fact they included and alt head w/o glasses) and have no clue which or what to do with them. Def one of those companies with minis so good they are intimidating. :06:

breadhead.
08-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh man, I didn't realise the preacher girl came with an alternate head. The glasses were what swung me away from her!
Reading is fundamental.

NeatPete
08-09-2011, 09:03 PM
LOL, TBH, I didn't either till it was in my hand. :wink:

RogerB
08-09-2011, 09:42 PM
If it's any consolation, I spent about 4 hours diligently wet blending a big area of cloth a couple of nights back. Then sat back and looked at it, thought it looked poo and then painted it black! :wink:

You're not doing it right. You forgot to strip it. Have I not taught you anything?

Iacton
09-09-2011, 09:39 AM
You're not doing it right. You forgot to strip it. Have I not taught you anything?

So close to stripping the little bugger right now!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Spent another 4 or 5 hours blending the same area, then thought it looked too bright, so glazed it back down a bit. Looks completely flat today............................................ ................. ..................... http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/frusty.gifhttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/explode.gifhttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/image034.gifhttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/image120.gifhttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/image121.gifhttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/image122.gif

:stab::2::surrender:

CiaranAnnrach
09-09-2011, 04:13 PM
I wish the Twilight Knight Pinup came with an alternate head - I love the miniature, but I would have preferred her to be sans-cloak. Or include a cloak that didn't cover up her entire backside. Either way, I'm looking forward to trying out this competition thing.

NeatPete
09-09-2011, 04:47 PM
For whatever its worth, you don't have use the cloak, its a seprate item. The head obviously has the hood, but someone submitted one last year without the cape and it was very nice. Red riding hood if I remember. I can take pics of the contents of you'd like.

CiaranAnnrach
09-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Yeah. I just found that Red Riding Hood miniature in the "Cool Minis" thread. Love how the miniature looks, so I might have to try that out. But I still would have preferred having a sculpt of the head that was sans-hood. Even on that Red Riding Hood mini, the hood with no cloak looks a little funny to me.

Noddwyr
09-09-2011, 09:34 PM
So close to stripping the little bugger right now!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Spent another 4 or 5 hours blending the same area, then thought it looked too bright, so glazed it back down a bit. Looks completely flat today............................................ ................. ..................... http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/frusty.gifhttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/explode.gifhttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/image034.gifhttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/image120.gifhttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/image121.gifhttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/image122.gif

:stab::2::surrender:

Its okay, You have nearly 2 months to get her done. :) Plus, gotta give everyone else a shot too. :P

Would love to enter this one btu cant be spending money at the moment. Good luck to all who enter.

Iacton
10-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Well, started to re-re-re-paint the same area for the 4th time last night. I suspect I may have to put this one to one side and return in a couple of weeks when my modjo returns for that piece. (Plenty of other toys to play with in the mean time!)

Inquisition
11-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Definitely looking forward to painting some Kingdom Death miniatures. My order of Game Hunter and Preacher are on its way. When its here, then I decide which one to paint, or maybe both if time permits.

On the miniatures, I do wish that White Speaker and Pin up White Speaker would have a head sculpt for one with eyes instead of the cloth covering the eyes. Anyway, looking foward to my miniatures to come... Cheers!

Darklord
12-09-2011, 12:14 PM
On the miniatures, I do wish that White Speaker and Pin up White Speaker would have a head sculpt for one with eyes instead of the cloth covering the eyes.

Well Poots is a Wamper so there's a good chance he will be reading this thread - you never know!!

Darklord
12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Well, started to re-re-re-paint the same area for the 4th time last night.

Roger, is that you?

Iacton
12-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Nah. It's the extra layers of paint obscuring where I forgot to remove the mould lines... :tongue:

earthpig23
13-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Man I dont know which im going to buy. I am dying to get the manhunter but alas its sold out

StampedingViking
13-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Mine arrived today, only question is, at the speed I paint, will I have enough time?

RogerB
13-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Roger, is that you?

No, but Iacton is now my apprentice.

Lparigi34
15-09-2011, 10:04 PM
This will definitely be my 1st WAMP contest participation. I really like KD minis and they are among my top 3 favorites ever... As I also believe this is my 1st post, hello you all guys, WAMP is a great place for miniature painters.

Lyn
18-09-2011, 06:47 AM
:spiderman:Yeaaaaa buddy! I am excited I just received my entry piece in the mail 2 days ago! :jiggy:

Sister_Lucy
21-09-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm popping my Wamp Forum cherry!

Just submitted my entry early as i'll be out of town during the deadline.

breadhead.
21-09-2011, 09:29 PM
My KD miniature arrived on Monday :smile:
It's beeyootifull

jester
21-09-2011, 11:41 PM
I wish mine would arrive one of these days :( ordered it a week ago!!! so excited!!
First time i've heard of KD mini's but i think i've got to get all those pinups hihi :D

Stahler77
22-09-2011, 02:57 AM
I just started trying to work on my entry, and discovered the Priming I did last week was TERRIBLE! Anybody know the best way to Strip Resin models? I usually use Windsor and Newton Brush Cleaner and Restorer, but I'm afraid what it might do to the resin.

NeatPete
22-09-2011, 03:22 AM
yikes! -no clue man, sorry.

Inquisition
22-09-2011, 03:27 AM
My KD miniatures came last week. I must say, its amazing, the packaging is cool, the miniatures sculpt are simply so beautiful! See here (http://www.thepaintingshopworld.com/2011/09/17/kingdom-death-miniatures-review/)... I cant wait to get started, still planning my base ideas, and my story to tell, haha... Cheers!

sublimebrushwork
22-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Oh yeah, got my figure yesterday. Ooh tis sooo nice. Can't wait to get started. Nom nom nom.

Iacton
22-09-2011, 09:38 AM
I just started trying to work on my entry, and discovered the Priming I did last week was TERRIBLE! Anybody know the best way to Strip Resin models? I usually use Windsor and Newton Brush Cleaner and Restorer, but I'm afraid what it might do to the resin.

I use fairy power spray (in the UK). It works a dream, within about 10 minutes.

KittenCeleste
22-09-2011, 12:08 PM

Acetone free nailpolish remover and old toothbrushes have served me and the ol' Grandmother well so far, dip'n'scrub all the way =)

Sister_Lucy
22-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Simple Green works great, you can get it in the automotive section of most stores (target, fred meyer)
I would check on it after an hour or so and use an old tooth brush to scrub off the paint. If there is still paint left on it put it back in the simple green for another few hours or over night. It won't hurt the resin at all.
I've discovered a great primer for both resin and metal models is Krylon Fusion. It's made for plastics but it never comes out grainy or runs/pools.

Stahler77
22-09-2011, 10:11 PM
I typically use Duplicolor Auto Primer, It has worked like a charm for me for several years now. I just completely messed up the priming last weekend. Held it too close AND over sprayed.

I really like the finished product after stripping most figures with the Cleaner and Restorer, really simple to clear off any remaining paint. If the standard Simple Green and Acetone free nail polish works than I can't imagine the Restorer will be worse for the figure.

EDIT:
In other news Winsor and Newton Brush Cleaner and Restorer should not be used on Resin Figures. I didn't ruin the miniature, but I certainly won't be using it on Resin figures again.

kathrynloch
26-09-2011, 02:10 AM
I like Duplicolor auto primer too! Surprised me when I tried it and it went on so nicely and didn't fill in detail since it's supposed to fill in detail. :D

I love Dawn Power Dissolver for stripping resins. Get's the paint off but is very gentle on the resin.

I almost forgot. I need to throw some kudos out there to Adam with Kingdom. My figured arrived by had a nasty seam/airbubble in the wrong spot. I emailed him a pic and asked him if it was normal. Fortunately, it wasn't and he sent me a replacement. I just got it and it looks fantastic!

So a big thank you to him for excellent customer service!!!!

vegel
26-09-2011, 05:05 AM
just done my base coating and the eye, thinking of posting some WIP and thought I was quick... then I noticed 2 entries had already been post to the gallery! wow!

Anyway, this is my second attempt with WAMP competition, first one was Monthly which I got smashed : P
so I put on some WIP shots at my blog... hope it didn't break any rules, won't dare to post them on WIP section of other boards either : P

Even if I post WIP shots here on WAMP I won't got myself kicked from this competition right?

NeatPete
26-09-2011, 05:15 PM
WIP shots are okay whever you'd like to show them. Just make sure the first sinished pics are posted here on WAMP.

vegel
27-09-2011, 03:30 AM
WIP shots are okay whever you'd like to show them. Just make sure the first sinished pics are posted here on WAMP.

I'd stick to WAMP, my blog and facebook :p and it's half way done now so I'd remember to save the last few days of pix for the gallery ^^

NeatPete
27-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Started putting my savior together last night. Got it all clean and assembled. By the end of the night I was a few beers deep and picked it up to lok at it and of course drop it and the hand pops off. The smallest piece of a mini I've ever seen. Luckily I found it but I was ready to write it off and move on to the extra hand that came with the kit.

These pin up model proportions are no joke. 80% legs, thighs and ass, 10% torso, 10% head.

Sister_Lucy
27-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Oh man I had to simple green my pinup preacher and her hand popped off and went down the sink drain!!!! Luckily my boyfriend unscrewed the pipes under the drain and we found it in the U pipe. With how tiny her hand is I thought it was gone for good.

Darklord
27-09-2011, 05:36 PM
my then 2 year old decided to pop one of my minis down the toilet. luckily it was unpainted and the toilet was 'clean' at the time

Joek
27-09-2011, 06:06 PM
I'd imagine that if the figure was painted and the loo was...erm...full, then you'd probably find it worked wonders as a paint stripper of rather interesting properties!

Note...do not try this. Ever.

NeatPete
27-09-2011, 06:09 PM
wow! Siter_Lucy: I just noticed you are one bridge North of me! inner SE Portland here.

Do you ever play games/drink at Guardian games in Portland? I'd love to meet a fellow WAMPer sometime (no creepy)

Sister_Lucy
27-09-2011, 07:08 PM
NeatPete - Cool! I actually don't own a car so getting into pdx is kinda tough. We generally Just pop into GG to shop during the day as we try not to torture our driving friend with traffic jams over the bridge.
We also just had a local shop open up about 2 miles from our place (Dice Age Games) So we have been trying to support them as much as we can since we want them to stick around.
If you ever wander across the bridge and check out dice age let me know, Jason and i can take a walk down to the shop and hang out.

NeatPete
27-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Right on, will do!

Stahler77
28-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Heh I've spent the past week rebuilding the right hand of my Twilight Pin Up. As I was scrubbing the paint stripper, her hand popped right off. Luckily Some of the Old Rackham female models have hands and wrists about the same size. All in all I'm happy with the modification.

NeatPete
28-09-2011, 02:39 AM
If anyone needs me to lend them a hand, I have an extra one. (couldn't help it)

Redfinger
28-09-2011, 04:22 AM
How long does it take Kingdom Death to ship product? I ordered mine and still have not received it, getting a little anxious.

Ashton

Iacton
28-09-2011, 12:04 PM
If you are worried, just email Adam at KD just to see what the situation is, Redfinger.

Inquisition
28-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Gonna have to start my KD this week, still trying to decide what base to base on... the base provided or base it on a plinth.

Then again... I was wondering, if its base on a plinth with minor diorama, when KD release its Boutique Board Game Project, the miniatures wont fit the game board already... hmmm...

Argh... have to decide what base to use by this week... need to stress myself... haha... cheers!

Darklord
28-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Gonna have to start my KD this week, still trying to decide what base to base on... the base provided or base it on a plinth.

Then again... I was wondering, if its base on a plinth with minor diorama, when KD release its Boutique Board Game Project, the miniatures wont fit the game board already... hmmm...

Argh... have to decide what base to use by this week... need to stress myself... haha... cheers!

sometimes I will mount a mini on a display base temporarily then remove from that and put onto a gaming base. (if you use a long pin this will slot into a whole in the display plinth enough to hold fast for photos. Or you could use magnets perhaps?

NeatPete
28-09-2011, 05:29 PM
People play games with miniatures?

Darklord
28-09-2011, 05:34 PM
People play games with miniatures?

it's called RISK or Subbuteo or something

Iacton
29-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Nearly done my entry now. She's (nearly) all woman too! :redface:

NeatPete
29-09-2011, 04:34 AM
oh no.. did you paint what I think you did?

Iacton
29-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Hehe, not if you think I was painting anything with tentacles, Pete! :biggrin:

Inquisition
29-09-2011, 03:19 PM
sometimes I will mount a mini on a display base temporarily then remove from that and put onto a gaming base. (if you use a long pin this will slot into a whole in the display plinth enough to hold fast for photos. Or you could use magnets perhaps?

Cool... thanks for the tips. I just bought a plinth form my local hobby shop, will work around with the KD base and see how it goes... Thanks... cheers!

Boonie
29-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Ok I have emailed Adam 3 times concerning my order but without reply, anyone else had any problems?

NeatPete
29-09-2011, 05:22 PM
yeesh. that sux. Last time I had an issue, he resolved it rather promptly. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but I know that doesn't really help you start painting your mini right now.

krimso
29-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Ok I have emailed Adam 3 times concerning my order but without reply, anyone else had any problems?

I received mine rather quickly but I live pretty close. In my experience you have to give some of these smaller companies a little bit of extra time due to the fact that this is usually just a side project on top of other work and family responsibilities.

Boonie
29-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Been a month since my first email then again a week later and I sent a third yesterday. :headbutt:

NeatPete
29-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Whudja order?

Sister_Lucy
29-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Have you checked your spam folder for a reply? It's also possible that your email went into his spam folder. If you have another email address I would suggest trying that, or even posting on his facebook page.
As a small business owner myself i know this happens a lot.

grefven
29-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I've ordered quite a few items from KD, and all have arrived as promised. Adam has been great in his communication with me, as well (one miniature was returned to him instead of being shipped to me). Sometimes he is slow to respond, but just send him another one after a while. As mentioned above, smaller companies dont got employees on stand-by for these things. Anyway, don't worry about your miniature. If you've paid for it, you will get it sooner or later.

Iacton
30-09-2011, 10:14 AM
For what it's worth, it should be noted that Kingdom Death is a one man band.
The art, sculpts and castings are outsourced by Adam, but the boxes are packed, checked and shipped by him; along with the marketing, emailing, invoicing, IT, stock listing, packaging sourcing, photography, concept of ideas for the game and individual characters, coffee making....

All of this is done while carrying out some kind of day job - although not in the full time capacity that he was working last year - so I'd say that cutting him just a small amount of slack if he's missed the odd email ought to be considered.

There are several places that you can attempt to contact him - PM him here, email, FB, smoke signals, paper plane - but try and keep a cool head peeps. I know from personal experience that it can be difficult to stay on top of a mini company while running your day-to-day life because, as a web store, you're essentially open 24 hours a day to the whole world.

@Boonie - If you want to PM me about what you ordered, I have quite a few KD minis at home so I may be able to send you a "temporary" model if you are concerned about the mini turning up in time for the contest. :smile:

Chameleon
30-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Yea, I have nothing but praise for Adam too. Keep trying-maybe using a different email address as suggested.

As for my entry:

Wedding prep-done
Attend wedding-doneWa
Attend minimoon-done
Start KD model- next on checklist!

Really looking forward to getting some painting done, it's been ages since I picked up a brush and this pinup hunter is beeeeauuutifffullll!!!!!! Watch out mini, once I've got a base done I'm going to attack you with my brush!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Iacton
01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Are you still drunk from your minimoon, Sue? :tongue:

Chameleon
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Are you still drunk from your minimoon, Sue? :tongue:

Um...Yes... :06:

Nameless
04-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I might finish something I started painting last year...nothing to beat Iacton's entry, but at least I'll have another mini finished :)

breadhead.
04-10-2011, 10:07 AM
So far I have snapped my miniature at both ankles and halfway up one shin.

Glad to see none of my skills have abated in my little break from painting.

Iacton
04-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Was that the Saviour by any chance?

breadhead.
04-10-2011, 08:22 PM
No the great game hunter.

I really need to pay more attention in future to how likely I am to break a miniature while prepping it before I buy it. It isn't something I normally consider.

AnthG
07-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Breadhead you are not alone! I had similar problems with the great game hunter. Clipping the small amount of sprue at the bottom, both boots snapped off just at the base of the legs!

Sparks
07-10-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm hoping to get a speed painted entry done for this. Will only have around 5-6 hours of actual painting time I think before the deadline/getting my paints back!

Darklord
08-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Maelstrom Games are now stocking Kingdom Death

Sister_Lucy
08-10-2011, 09:05 PM
What i've found to be the easiest to avoid snapping off their feet or legs is to leave the feet attached to part of the sprue while painting them. That way i can also pin them to the cork i use for painting. Once i'm done painting them i take them off the cork and pull the pin wire out and then shave off the sprue with a blade small layers at a time. I've done it this way my past two KD models and it's worked great both times.
My first KD mini I didn't do it this way and yeah I snapped her foot off.

See here:

breadhead.
09-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Breadhead you are not alone! I had similar problems with the great game hunter. Clipping the small amount of sprue at the bottom, both boots snapped off just at the base of the legs!

Maybe it's just Schadenfreude but I am glad it's not just me that is struggling!

My mini is still sitting with nowt but primer on :mad:
Maybe I'll find some time soon to paint.

That entry is looking good Sister_Lucy.

Sister_Lucy
09-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks man! Actually she isn't my entry (mine is already loaded up to the gallery).
She is one I finished in July
http://daughteroftheemperor.blogspot.com/2011/07/summon-kingdom-death-pinup-preacher.html

Nomad
13-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Hmmm, got an e-mail that my figure for the comp got posted yesterday. I hope it arrives in time.

Sparks
18-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Right, semi ridiculous question to do with bases. Am I allowed to use non KD parts on the base? I don't really have the ability or inclination to sculpt a corpse (I'm going to try and recreate the concept art for the manhunter) and the rules state nothing about using other minis to convert or change the model in some way.

Cheers
Adam

NeatPete
18-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Conversions and sculpting like you are talking about are totally fine.

Nameless
18-10-2011, 08:18 PM
hmm, I have finished something, but I'm not decided if I should enter this or other contest with that mini...

TheProdigalGamer
18-10-2011, 08:46 PM
My model still hasn't even shipped from KD I'm quite disappointed

Nomad
19-10-2011, 04:54 AM
My model still hasn't even shipped from KD I'm quite disappointed

Even if mine does arrive, I probably won't have time to paint it, at least well. Order placed 12th September, so its not like i expected miracles...

waghorn41
20-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Put some more paint on mine tonight so hopefully should get it finished. Yes, yes I know I'll come last but it's another entry to support the wonderful KD and make up the numbers. Actually it's coming along better than expected - at least the ankles haven't snapped again, yet. :smile:

TheProdigalGamer
21-10-2011, 05:09 PM
So I haven't received the model I was going to do. I happened upon another yesterday, so it's a crazy late start....... Frustratingly delicate and a couple casting problems I'm not sure how to deal with, but want to give it a go. The model is the white speaker version with the spear. 3 main issues are: 1- right hand tiniest 2 fingers are missing 2 - spear didn't get full cast near the top of shaft...possibly can just make shorter spear? 3 - on left breast the halter material isn't there. Not sure whether to just paint it there or what. It's really too paper thin to try to make one?! Any thoughts? 1 final question there are places where the skin is like missing a coat or something so it's rough. How do I fix those ? Miliput washes?

Darklord
21-10-2011, 05:18 PM
just so you know folks to compensate for some delays we will be extending this contest a little, probably by a couple of weeks but I will confirm that later

NeatPete
21-10-2011, 06:27 PM
sweet! one mini I can push back a little bit more. I did get some paint on my preacher last night in my painting frenzy. Then the airbrush needed to be broken down and cleaned as it wasn't working. And then the fiance gave me the "will you please make dinner while I watch stupid TV shows" look. It totaly interupted my paint jam, but I furred up some sweet grilled cheeses with bacon and cheezits. I'm such an awesome boyfriend one night outta the week.

Iacton
21-10-2011, 07:23 PM
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/2b971e6e.gif

This means I might have to get a 2nd entry done.....

NeatPete
21-10-2011, 07:56 PM
So I haven't received the model I was going to do. I happened upon another yesterday, so it's a crazy late start....... Frustratingly delicate and a couple casting problems I'm not sure how to deal with, but want to give it a go. The model is the white speaker version with the spear. 3 main issues are: 1- right hand tiniest 2 fingers are missing 2 - spear didn't get full cast near the top of shaft...possibly can just make shorter spear? 3 - on left breast the halter material isn't there. Not sure whether to just paint it there or what. It's really too paper thin to try to make one?! Any thoughts? 1 final question there are places where the skin is like missing a coat or something so it's rough. How do I fix those ? Miliput washes?

Yikes. My pinup preacher had some spot I wasn't expecting based on my preivous minis from KD, but this sounds pretty rough. Not sure about the fingers... Spear you could shorten or just use metal rod for the whole thing. I'd use GS for any missing halter material if you can, otherwise just paint it on. For the rough spots I'd try to sand it down, if thats a no go I'd try one of the liquid fillers that are out there. Someone just did nice review on the GW liquid GS and compared to other options. Or milliput washes work. You can search for it. Or just wait for the fig with the extended deadline.

Good luck!

TheProdigalGamer
21-10-2011, 08:16 PM
aw heck, I forgot about liquid green stuff. stupid since I just picked some up at one of the Illinois GW stores!
Excusable since I havnt had a chance to add it to my repertoire LOL ?!

NeatPete
21-10-2011, 10:11 PM
totally excusable ;)

TheProdigalGamer
22-10-2011, 12:01 AM
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/2b971e6e.gif

This means I might have to get a 2nd entry done..... I can't beat ONE of yours why rub it in with TWO?! LOL

Darklord
22-10-2011, 10:50 AM
***CONTEST UPDATE***

Due to delays in some of you receiving your minis from Kingdom Death we have decided to extend the contest deadline by 2 weeks.

The new deadline is 6pm GMT 9th November 2011

Supporters Deadline is 14th November 2011

Necron_99
23-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks!

Chameleon
24-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Oh excellent! I was going to be a DNF on this one- now I might actually get it finished! Not totally happy with how it's coming along so far as it's definitely not up to the standard of my last few minis, but I'd like to at least get it finished off and entered!

Lyn
24-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh wow that's good news!
Just about everyone must be getting delays because every time I go to Kingdom Death's website, they are ALWAYS sold out on just about everything.
So far from what I have seen, the best way to shop for their stuff and be more likely to get what you want is at a big convention like GenCon.

NeatPete
24-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I walked into my gaming store on Saturday (Guardian Games) and Joel was like, I bet you know of this company: KOD, he was just here. I was like Adam Poots was just here? He laughed and said, I knew that you would know this company. Bummed I just missed him.

Poots: if you are still in Portland, hit me up, I'll buy you a beverage.

Darklord
24-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I walked into my gaming store on Saturday (Guardian Games) and Joel was like, I bet you know of this company: KOD, he was just here. I was like Adam Poots was just here? He laughed and said, I knew that you would know this company. Bummed I just missed him.

Poots: if you are still in Portland, hit me up, I'll buy you a beverage.

Don't suppose you see Bill around do you? Havent seen him in ages

http://www.classickidstv.co.uk/wiki/images/e/ec/Portland_Bill_Changeable_Weather.jpg

NeatPete
24-10-2011, 04:36 PM
WTF do you find this stuff? lol. Can't say I have.

Wouldn't mind some changeable weather though.

Darklord
24-10-2011, 04:40 PM
WTF do you find this stuff? lol. Can't say I have.

Wouldn't mind some changeable weather though.

Watched it as a kid mate. Not as good as Danger mouse or He-man - did you get Danger mouse over there? Been watching the new series of Thundercats recently with the little one - not too bad actually

NeatPete
24-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't remember danger mouse although I like the MC of the same name. Didn't know there was a new season of Thundercats either! Gonna have to check that out, Thundercats HOoooo!

KittenCeleste
26-10-2011, 02:18 PM
***CONTEST UPDATE***

Due to delays in some of you receiving your minis from Kingdom Death we have decided to extend the contest deadline by 2 weeks.

The new deadline is 6pm GMT 9th November 2011

Supporters Deadline is 14th November 2011

Hah! Coolies!
Might give me the push I need to finish off Ol' Grandma that's been sitting on my bench since before the summer.
Then again, still didn't finish Alys and her shroom from last year >< *hangs head in shame*

Iacton
26-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Then again, still didn't finish Alys and her shroom from last year >< *hangs head in shame*

So you should... :cheeky:

NeatPete
26-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Just got my email from HF about my coupon today. I may have to get one and retro myself into that.

waghorn41
27-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Well, finished painting mine tonight, just final assembly and base to do. First time I've done a resin mini and clearly didn't get all the mould release agent of as the paint had trouble staying on in places. Of course both the ankles snapping when I was trying to clean up a cast/mould line last year didn't help. Tried to copy the artwork that came with the mini but some of the colours were challenging to say the least, especially those on the feather.

Update: Finished and in the gallery. Obviuously pales in comparison to the other entries but it was an interesting challenge using washes and hardly any solid colour.

Sister_Lucy
28-10-2011, 06:58 PM
waghorn next time to get all the mold release off use dish soap and an old tooth brush to scrub your mini, I usually do it after removing all the mold lines. Let it fully dry then prime it. It makes a huge difference. I would suggest doing this with any metal minis as well.

NeatPete
28-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Washing minis is like washing dishes: For women only! :biggrin:

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Wow, only 10:15 am and I'm already killing it. There goes your chance to meet a local WAMPer and not get slapped Pete...

waghorn41
28-10-2011, 08:56 PM
This is what I was trying to achieve, image 2 of 5 the artwork, face is different but...
http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/product/savior

Sister_Lucy
29-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Washing minis is like washing dishes: For women only! :biggrin:

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Wow, only 10:15 am and I'm already killing it. There goes your chance to meet a local WAMPer and not get slapped Pete...

I can't help it I totally laughed! for one it's funny just as is and two I know most male gamer's wifes would not go anywhere near a miniature. You boys would be SOL getting your minis cleaned and then getting dinner cooked for you because you pissed off your wife throwing a fit because she wouldn't clean your minis. So she goes out with her girl friends for happy hour gets toasted on martinis while you sit at home taking care of the kids instead of painting those minis you could have cleaned yourself. :p

Nameless
30-10-2011, 10:13 PM
so I had this manhunter finished some time ago, but I wasn't sure if it will go here or for Rotten Harvest... Fortunately, I painted something else for RH, so I can now enter both contests :)
Manhunter seeking for some sweet vengeance is in the KD2011 gallery :)
Good luck all!

TheProdigalGamer
31-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Got mine posted...yay! Now on to RBG! Well after I get to Iowa to pick up the models that arrived few days ago :)

Darklord
31-10-2011, 11:40 AM
well we have the same number of entries this year as we did last year - hopefully a few more to come and get ahead. some cracking work in there

NeatPete
31-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I'll get in there. Just had to knock of RH stuff first. Got my pin-up preacher in the works. Wont be a winner but should be purdy enough.

Darklord
31-10-2011, 04:34 PM
wont be a winner but should be purdy enough.

pma?

NeatPete
31-10-2011, 04:37 PM
what's pma? Portfolio management account? Too many damn accronyms in my world.

Darklord
31-10-2011, 04:44 PM
http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/composition/22721266/view/1/producttypecolor/2/type/png/width/280/height/280/positive-mental-attitude_design.png

Sister_Lucy
31-10-2011, 06:12 PM
my BFF is painting one up for the contest as well! She is coming over tonight to work on it.

Darklord
31-10-2011, 06:14 PM
my BFF is painting one up for the contest as well!

I didnt know people actually used that term, thought it was only womens mags and paris hilton!

NeatPete
31-10-2011, 06:47 PM
I want Darklord to be my BFF

Sister_Lucy
31-10-2011, 06:53 PM
I didnt know people actually used that term, thought it was only womens mags and paris hilton!

Well i am a chick so i'm totally allowed to use BFF. ;)

As for NeatPete using it... ummmmmm.

NeatPete
31-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Neatpete lives in the Pacific NW, a place where the men wear tighter jeans than the women and they also take longer to do their hair. So I reserve the right and have no shame to cross this gender border, because I refuse to wear skiny jeans!

DL + NP = BFF

Darklord
31-10-2011, 07:04 PM
I want Darklord to be my BFF

you couldn't afford that girlfriend

NeatPete
31-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I guess I'll have to wait for the exchange to get better then.

waghorn41
31-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Been and commented on all the entries so far, some really nice work.

Darklord
07-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Please make sure you read the rules folks. You may only submit 1 picture for each entry. If you wish to show more than one angle of a mini you must put all the photos for a single entry into a montage.
If there are mutliple photos for a single entry extra ones will be deleted

Chameleon
07-11-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm getting there with mine- this supporter status giving you 5 extra days is cool though!

TheProdigalGamer
07-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm getting there with mine- this supporter status giving you 5 extra days is cool though!Pretty sure supporter is 2 extra weeks! In any case deadline here is 14th

Sparks
08-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Yup, using that deadline to my advantage with a serious paintfest over the weekend! See Nameless has already stolen my colour scheme though...(honest, Scott can vouch I went for the red hat on mine cos he told me to do it!) Still, some cracking entries as DL mentioned so far!

Iacton
08-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I did...

I also said that he should draw a comedy penis on his coat, but I think that he started to suspect at that point that I was attempting a 3rd party sabotage of his competition entry... :torch:

sublimebrushwork
08-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Gaah, not gonna get done in time...Just gotta hope my supporter registration comes through in time so I can take advantage of those extra few days...:2:

JTastic
09-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Is it allowed for me to switch my picture? I just have a better quality photo in my gallery is all.

Darklord
09-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Is it allowed for me to switch my picture? I just have a better quality photo in my gallery is all.

yes thats fine as long as its before the deadline. please delete the old one as well (got to photo details, then edit photo then select delete photo)

JTastic
09-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Awesome! Thanks!

Nameless
10-11-2011, 09:35 AM
See Nameless has already stolen my colour scheme though...
awwww, sorry about that :(
but as they say - first come, first served ;)

Darklord
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Wow! had that much on I missed the deadline for this!!

I will honour any entries after the 9th made by non-supporters in light of this.

Only supporters are eligible to add further entries now - just 3 days left people. Dont forget $25 credit to all entrants - that alone is worth having a go at!!

CrookedEye
11-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Does that mean I could put in a better (larger) pic if I've already entered? (without losing current votes/comments)

Zach

Darklord
11-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Does that mean I could put in a better (larger) pic if I've already entered? (without losing current votes/comments)

Zach

Well technically no as your a non supporter so your deadline has passed, but as I am so nice yes you can.
you will need to go to 'photo options' then edit photo details then there should be an option to replace the image. If not you will have to upload a new image (and lose comments) or you can send me the image link

CrookedEye
11-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Nice indeed, thanks and I will take a look at the options.

Zach

Sparks
13-11-2011, 01:38 PM
@Nameless- fairplay, though seeing as I've left it so late, it won't be changing any time soon! Got a different take on the base though so should be good

Darklord
14-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Just a few hours left for entries folks. You have until 6pm UK time (thats about 8 1/2 hours )

Landreth
14-11-2011, 07:50 PM
If I'm too late - delete my photo.
I'll kill my internet provider:stab:

NeatPete
14-11-2011, 07:59 PM
I unfortunetly will DNF this time. Too much other stuff came up includeing a nasty cold last week. GL to all that managed to finish though.

Darklord
14-11-2011, 08:07 PM
If I'm too late - delete my photo.
I'll kill my internet provider:stab:

technically your late but so am I so I shall allow it (we are all friends here) unless anyone has any objections

Nameless
14-11-2011, 08:28 PM
unless anyone has any objections
it depends on how good Landreth's entry is ;)

Sister_Lucy
14-11-2011, 08:57 PM
it depends on how good landreth's entry is ;)

lol

Iacton
14-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Oh. it's GOOD! :07:

Nameless
14-11-2011, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't expect anything less from Landreth :) though base is sort of a last-minute rushed job :) one of the best entries nevertheless :)

Nomad
15-11-2011, 09:48 AM
My entry is a last minute, turned up on the 11th. Still haven't received the originally intended Gift of Death set...

Darklord
15-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Wow 38 cracking entries folks. I shall get the voting polls up shortly

waghorn41
15-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Wow 38 cracking entries folks. I shall get the voting polls up shortly

You mean 37 cracking entries and 1 to crack you all up :biggrin: