PDA

View Full Version : Warlord Games 2011

Darklord
09-08-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/attachment.php?attachmentid=4785&d=1308055196

So the sun sets on another cracking contest here at Wamp we come to the point that you have all been waiting for. All that hard work and patience, the frustration and the elation have all led towards the challenge of winning one of our coveted titles. With 20 cracking entries it has been a strong field and rising to the top is no mean feat but rise you have, like a farmhouse loaf one lucky winner has risen skywards to become the crusty topping on our Wamp bread (that all went a bit random didnt it!)
Anyway back to the proceedings and without further ado I have great pleasure in announcing that our runaway winner and NEW Warlord Games Champion is..........

Cubster!

with his lovely Marquis of Montrose:
http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/data/743/ECW_-_Marquis_Montage_copy.jpg

He bags himself 50 credit @ Warlord for his troubles as well as the priceless prizes of Warlord Games 2011 Champion and the even more exalted prize of a Portal cover!
Cubster took almost twice as many points as our runner up but a clear 2nd place it was and that goes to our resident Warlord groupie.........

Undave!
with his humorous (and my favourite entry!) Charge!!.....
Undave earns himself 25 credit @Warlord

our 3rd and final place on the podium was a close fought contest with just 1 vote been the difference but the valiant winner of our 3rd place prize is ... StampedingViking! with his ECW command group. He bags himself 10 credit @Warlord for his efforts

So our 3 winners have been chosen but such good chaps they are at Warlord that there's more miniature goodness to throw carefree to the masses in the form of the Warlord Special prize. The winner of who grabs themselves a copy of 'Hail Caesar!' signed by non other than Mr Rick Priestly.
To win this prize you had to impress Warlord themselves using the theme 'Charge!' and impress is what one competitor managed to do and that person, the winner of the themed element was............

Coenus!

So there are all your winners folks. Customary thank-you's go out to all the competitors, the voters, the folks that took time to comment on the entries and of course to Warlord Games themselves. They do some cracking miniatures folks so go check them out if you haven't already @ www.warlordgames.co.uk (http://www.warlordgames.co.uk) also a big thank-you to Undave for his help.

Apologies for the results been late - A bedridden wife and 3 sick children including an 11 week old exuding stuff from all places for 3 days meant I have been a bit overwhelmed and at risk of bedding land slips near the washing machine!

So there we are folks, I hope you enjoyed the contest and hope even more you stick around for some more of them!
If you wish to see all the entries you can do so here: Warlord contest entries (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g743-warlord-games-2011.html)

RogerB
09-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Congratulations to the winners.

MaGie
09-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Congratulations Cubster and all the winners! Great competition, well done to everyone that participated.

Undave
09-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't think there was ever much doubt about first place. Well done Cubster and everyone else who took part.

StampedingViking
09-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Congratulations Cubster, that was my choice. Well done, great mini.

Coenus
09-08-2011, 03:44 PM
No surprise in the top position, I can imagine the others were more contested. Congrats to all, it should be mentioned many more great entries were send in than just those who won.
And a big thanks to Warlord Games for a generously sponsored competition, special thanks for the inclusion of an extra prize! :biggrin:

EDIT: And of course best wishes for the recovery of Darklord's family!

Orki
09-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Well done guys!

Cubster's piece is painted very nicely and has some wonderfully coherent colour choices and composition. A clear winner for me! Undave's entry was also my other fave, a cheeky little fun scene that was great to see in a gallery full of sensible entries.

War Griffon
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Congrats to the winners and all that took part :smile:

shanerozzell
09-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Congrats to all the winners :)

Big thanks to Warlord Games as well for sponsoring the comp.

Undave
09-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Personally, I liked the guy with the beer tankard.

Sparks
09-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Great job everyone, gutted to have missed out on third by 1 vote though!

kdlynch
09-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Congrats Cubster, Undave, and Coenus! :D Fantastic jobs by everyone who entered. :)

Iacton
09-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Well done peeps and thanks to Warlord for their support.

Oh, and nappyman for his efforts... :razz::cheeky:

Cubster
09-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Many thanks Darklord for your hard work on and off the pitch getting this ready. Best wishes for you and yours!

Thanks to those who voted - I commend you for your good taste and judgement - and congrats to all the winners, whose great entries were no doubt enjoyed by all.

Darklord
09-08-2011, 05:48 PM
forgot to say winners can you send me your addresses please via pm

Undave
09-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I'll sort mine out directly with Paul as I need to round up some un-resized photos for him to put on the WL site anyway.

Captain Sprout
09-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Really great support and worthy winners, love that model Cubster, it looks great, really good colours. Nice work DL setting it up and Warlord offering nice prizes too.

Dysartes
09-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Congratulations Cubster, and slightly less congratulations to Undave and Coenus.

Undave
09-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Let's not forget Stampeding Viking, he did get third place after all.

Dysartes
10-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Let's not forget Stampeding Viking, he did get third place after all.

But... but... but... no giant cyan text of announcement...

Apologies, StampedingViking, for not giving you your due.

Randomly, I think all three winners were ones I voted for :)

Nomad
10-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Well done guys. I figured the Marquis was good for first which is why I voted for him.

Ulfgrimr
10-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Congratulations Cubster, Undave, StampedeingViking & Coenus. Well done to all who took part, some lovely entries there besides the winners and many thanks to DL & Warlord.

worlds slowest painter
10-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Congrats to the winners. Nice work indeed. Also, RESPEC' to DL for organising and Warlord Games for supporting.WSP

StampedingViking
12-08-2011, 12:12 AM
But... but... but... no giant cyan text of announcement...

Apologies, StampedingViking, for not giving you your due.

Randomly, I think all three winners were ones I voted for :)

Good job someone remembered, my firelocks were getting itchy trigger fingers :biggrin:

LOBO
13-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Sorry was away when this was announced. Congratulations to all the winners and entries and to DL, WAMP, and Warlord Games for the contest! :smile: