PDA

View Full Version : The WAMP monthly - rewamped.

Captain Sprout
17-07-2011, 02:51 PM
The WAMP monthly, rewamped!

With a new administrative vegetable in the form of Captain Sprout, an update to the long serving monthly is in order.

The monthly is the original comp that WAMP started out with, so it doesn't need to change too much, after all it is a tradition. Just a bit of a rewamp is needed to encourage lots of people to take part, whether you've been on WAMP for four minutes or four days or four years plus.

There will be the addition of a small prize for the winner..its not the Euro millions but it should add to the fun.

The rewamped monthly will consist of the following

Picking the theme

A list of themes will be drawn up from the suggestions made by WAMP members
One week before the contest starts WAMP members can vote to pick a theme by poll (you can vote whether intending to enter or not)
The winning theme will be announced along with the comp prize
The list of themes will be updated and new theme ideas sought on a regular basis

Entering the contest

The contest will start on a set date and finish at a set date and time, by which you need to have posted your images to the monthly theme gallery.
Any WAMP member can enter the contest
Only one entry per contest per person
Your entry can be any type of mini (figure, tank, obelisk, pumpkin), any scale, any number of minis in a diorama or vignette, any manufacturer, as long as it's theme relevant
One picture of the mini should be posted to the gallery - to show your mini off to best effect consider a multiple image montage
WIP shots can be posted anywhere including on WAMP (and the more the merrier)
The mini should not have been entered into a previous online comp (but once entered you can enter the model in another WAMP contest running at the same time such as the Ladder if you want to)

Judging the contest

The judging will be public by WAMP members and scores will be out of 20 points, 10 for adherence to theme, 10 for painting, modelling and all things mini.
No voting for your own mini, even if so inclined.
The winner with the highest score will receive a small prize
A booby prize for not winning and / or for the best boobies may be forthcoming but who knows until you enter!
A list of winners will be shown in a thread recording the comp, winner and a picture of the winning model and selected comments, so people can draw on the models for inspiration
WAMP members who both vote and comment on every one of the entries in one monthly comp will be entered into an 'every 6 comps' draw and there will be some reward of WAMP hugeness fitting the contribution and luck of the voter

mule
17-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Awesome!
Quick question (hopefully), Though the ladder competition is mentioned above, regarding the WAMP specials - there is a similar rule in that it must be placed there first, can entries also be entered in the WAMP special competitions? Or will there be an argument over which comp the entry was first placed in?

Just curious...

Captain Sprout
18-07-2011, 01:05 AM
The entry usually needs to go into the monthly comp first, then to the gallery of the other comp, but if the two dates don't quite fit we can work something out.

The rule is really just intended to stop people entering old work several times in different comps.

The monthly is a friendly comp and if it helps to enter the model for it as well as other WAMP comps at the same time, that isn't against the rules.

ScottRadom
18-07-2011, 02:22 AM
Good! The themes were just getting too specific, or just too out there for me to enjoy. I like this new idea!

piratemama
18-07-2011, 05:41 AM
I really like this idea :)

waghorn41
18-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Good! The themes were just getting too specific, or just too out there for me to enjoy.

All depends on your interpretation :belial:

MaGie
18-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Sounds great! I like the idea of voting for the theme as well :)

Captain Sprout
18-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Glad everyone is pretty happy with the direction (phew) its a tweak not a revolution so should be ok but we can adapt as we go if people have good ideas to add.

Fun starts on 1st August, warm your voting buttons and your brushes for the off!

vegel
24-07-2011, 10:23 AM
nice I now have additional incentives for my comeback ! Mahahahahhahaha