PDA

View Full Version : MaGie's paint for profit

MaGie
09-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone!!

I'm back from a great trip to the USA, worked very hard to find some little wasps and enjoyed the country a lot!!

I can't wait to get painting again, but I need to shake off the jetlag a bit first. But I really like the paint for profit idea. So I thought this is a great opportunity to start painting again soon. I've been wanting to sell miniatures before, but I'm a little scared to do so, because my standard might not be high enough. But, I won't know of course until I try ;)

So here's my challenge:
Starting with a budget of 10 euros, I am aiming to profit 300 euros by the end of this year. This might be a steap goal, but let's just give it a try.

Some of my rules:
> All costs for listing fees are included, postage is excluded
> Only new basing & painting material is deducted from my budget
> I can use a mini I already own, but price will be deducted
> Miniatures painted for challenges and contests can be included

So that's it! Let's get started!

I have a large amount of miniatures to be painted, and at the moment I'm at a loss where to start. So here's where you guys come in. I'm not sure what mini would be more profitable than others, so here's a shortlist of minis I would like to paint. Could you please help me selecting my mini? Let me know what your preference is?

* random Reaper mini by Werner Klocke
* High elf mage from Island of Blood
* Wyrd - Sonnia Criid witch hunter

Bloodthorn
09-07-2011, 11:40 AM
I think the High Elf Mage would probably sell the best for you. Maybe Sonnia Criid, but I don't know how popular Malifaux is in your area. Good luck!

Nomad
09-07-2011, 06:32 PM
One of the random Reaper minis, only because Werner Klocke is one of my favourites. Love his Freebooter stuff.

ScottRadom
11-07-2011, 04:08 AM
go for whatever you want to paint the most, and have fun!

NeatPete
11-07-2011, 05:00 AM
I bet the two gamin minis will do better, but you never know with Klockenbooty.

Sonya Criid is actually on my painting block for my PFP as well. Lets try not and list painted copies at the same time if we can help it ;)

MaGie
13-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys.
I think I'll go for Scott's suggestion. After all, it's the fun that matters most. So I guess that means some Klockenbooty for me ;)

@NeatPete:
No worries, I'll postpone her for a bit (might also be an idea to practice some OSL before ;) )! Can't wait to see your version though!

NeatPete
13-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Welcome back BTW. I saw you "working really hard" on facebook :P Glad you had a great time and are home safe and sound.

No quit reading WAMP and go paint!

Endor
14-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Welcome back from wasp hunting! If your AoW entry is representative for all your work, I don't think you should be very scared to start selling some of your work :wink: Good luck, looking forward to seeing your progress