PDA

View Full Version : Hasslefree Painting Contest

Darklord
08-07-2011, 05:03 PM

It's here! After two years of asking I have great pleasure to announce the first Hasslefree Miniatures painting contest here at Wamp!

Those lovely folks at Hasslefree have given us some lovely prizes to tempt you into this (not that you need any tempting to paint their minis!)

This contest will feature 3 categories as detailed below:

Single Figure:
Size limit to base of 50mm. If you place an order over 10 from Hasslefree you will get a free resin 50mm base

Multi Figure:
Can use as many Hasslefree miniatures as you want but must all fit on a base no larger than 10cm x 6cm (basically a chariot base). If you place an order from Hasslefree Miniatures for more than 14 we will add a free resin chariot base for you from the following choices
(http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1710) HFFENB010, HFFENB011, HFFENB012

Diorama:
Using any Hasslefree miniatures convert and construct a diorama, must use at least 50% of a figure to qualify but can use any combination and number of figures but must not exceed a 50mm base. If you place an order from Hasslefree over 10 then you will get a free resin 50mm base.

Prizes:
Each category wll have the following prizes:

50 voucher plus an unreleased/recently released resin figure. There will be a choice available .
30 voucher plus an unreleased/recently released resin figure. There will be a choice available
15 voucher plus an unreleased/recently released resin figure. There will be a choice available

Judging:
Judging will be done within 2 weeks of the contest deadline.
Winners will be decided on a points allocation system by three judges (from Hasslefree)

Deadline:
Deadline for entries will be the 6pm 28th August 2011
Supporters deadline will be 6pm 31st August 2011

Rules:

You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here. (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/register.php)

You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
You may receive one prize per category regardless of number of entries in that category - you will be awarded the highest placing entry.
Images must be no larger than 800 pixels wide by 2500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
You give Wamp and Hasslefree Miniatures permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
Judging will be conducted by Hasslefree Miniatures.
Submissions must be posted to the Hasslefree Gallery (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g756-hasslefree-miniature-2011.html)
Credit is eligible at Hasslefree Miniatures's website

(please read the rules - every contest I have to remove entries that break the rules (mainly the new work one))

Finally a note on ordering from Hasslefree:
There site will be closed until the end of July but if you
email Hasslefree (sally@hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk) and quote WAMP in the subject line they will send you a link to their off-line catalogue so you can still order.

Any order you make quote HFWAMP on the order details to qualify for your free resin base.

don't forget if you place an order with Hasselfree to mention which category your entering so they send you the correct base!

There you are folks. I have wanted to get Hasslefree involved in one of these for ages - please don't let me down!!
If you have never painted one of their pieces before I highly recommend you do - one of the most fun to paint ranges there are. Don't forget you can enter as many times as you like and theres over 300 worth of prizes up for grabs.

Thanks

Brett

kdlynch
08-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Question: I have some World of Twilight figures that do have the Hasselfree stamp on the bottom, and I guess would be avail from HF if the store was open... are they eligible? or should it be a Hasslefree proper figure?

(Oh... I see the store is open again. :D must have just opened.)

(or it's not... i'z so confusificated! lol)

shanerozzell
08-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow, thats a good contest:biggrin:

LOBO
08-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Nice contest DL, thanks!!!! :smile:

Jester 666
08-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Ere!!! Their web shop is closed.

Darklord
08-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Ere!!! Their web shop is closed.

You didnt read my post did you

Landreth
08-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Only Hasslefree bases is available in contest? May I use wood display bases?

Jester 666
08-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I read some of it :tongue:.

I was distracted by the shuttle.

Thats my excuse and im sticking to it

Darklord
08-07-2011, 05:33 PM

yees but must mneet the base size criteria

freakinacage
08-07-2011, 05:33 PM
and here's me with 3 hasslefree minis about to be stripped because i cocked them up last night... time for a proper lick of paint methinks

DaveyBoy
08-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Nice one DL. I have quite a few Hasslefree mini's in my grey army so I'll certainly be trying to get something painted for this one.

Iacton
08-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Ooooooooh Yesh.... :cool:

Darklord
08-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Ooooooooh Yesh.... :cool:

didn't think you'd be interested in this :fret

Iacton
08-07-2011, 06:11 PM
4 possible entries, I reckon. :tongue:

Dr. Willett's Workshop
08-07-2011, 07:04 PM
yees but must mneet the base size criteria

I'm planning on doing a mini-unit, I'm assuming it's fine as long as I could sit it on a chariot size base, I don't actually have to base it on one, right? (I'm thinking of the Bloodbowl blister).

Cregan Tur
08-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Good thing I've started already, as I have a pretty ambitious diorama planned.

I may have missed someone else asking this, but it's my understanding that any Alys minis that were done for Scott's Paint Masters are still eligible. Is that still true?

waghorn41
08-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Think I've got some HF somewhere, off to have a rummage.

Bloodthorn
08-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Sweet contest DL! I have wanted to get some Hasslefree minis for a while, now I have a good excuse!

MaGie
08-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Sounds great Brett! I bet this will be a very popular contest :)
I'm in for sure!

piratemama
08-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Oooo, haven't painted any Hasslefree Minis yet! Definitely going to give this contest a go :D

Endor
08-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Very good work indeed, DL! Now I just have to get me a model...

NathanS
08-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I think I might like this contest.

Ulfgrimr
09-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Sounds great DL, many thanks.

TwoGunBob
09-07-2011, 03:51 AM
What the heck, have the minis from the aborted Diorama of Doom contest where the base size limitation killed the project. I can do a smaller one since I'd only use the Hasslefree figs. I may well take a stab at this one.

Darklord
09-07-2011, 10:40 AM
dont forget if you place an order with Hasselfree to mention which category your entering so they send you the correct base!

kathrynloch
09-07-2011, 11:34 AM
This one I'd like to try and enter. I ended up ordering straight from CMON though. I think, with the exchange rates plus shipping, it should be cheaper, even with the free base. But the figure I ordered - I have no idea if it qualifies or not since I really couldn't find out any info on it. I liked the sculpt and this particular one was the last one in the store. I was afraid if I tried to do a bunch of research it would get snapped out from under me. lol! Ah well, if it works for the contest great! If not, like I said, i like the sculpt so nothing lost there. ;)

RogerB
09-07-2011, 11:46 AM
What's the figure, Kathryn?

Alas for my glacial painting speed. Wish I could enter.

Nomad
09-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Hmmmm, I think I just posted them in my first thread ><. Just before the comp was announced :tongue:

I'm sure I can get one of the other 15 Hasslefree models I haven't started done though...

Alrith72
09-07-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm in. Not a hope in hell of a prize but a good excuse to order some bits :)

kathrynloch
09-07-2011, 02:50 PM
What's the figure, Kathryn?

Alas for my glacial painting speed. Wish I could enter.

I managed to snag a Griffon.

Darklord
09-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Hmmmm, I think I just posted them in my first thread ><. Just before the comp was announced :tongue:

I'm sure I can get one of the other 15 Hasslefree models I haven't started done though...

whats the thread?

Nomad
09-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Some Of My Stuff (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?7695-Some-Of-My-Stuff)

I'll just have to get started on all the other metal I have lying around. Not like I don't have a few Hasslefrees, Kev's one of my favourite sculptors.

Inquisition
09-07-2011, 04:55 PM
I think I am in for the contest... few questions though...

1. What is the difference between the Multi Figures and the Diorama?

2. Does the Multi Figures Category means having multiple miniatures on a 10cm x 6cm base forming a diorama?

3. Does the Diorama Category means having only a single miniature forming a diorama only?

4. For the store purchase, orders of minimum 14 get a free 10cm x 6cm base, orders of minimum 10 get a free 50mm base, so a total purchase of 24 will be entitled a 10cm x 6cm base and 50mm base? I am intenting to participate 2 categories, how should the purchased be like to entitle the 2 free bases?

5. Can other brand or make of base of the correct contest size be allowed? If yes, what are the exact required type?

6. Last, contest is open to international participants, right?

Hope to get answers then I can start planning... Cheers!

Captain Sprout
09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I managed to snag a Griffon.

If its one of these, then you are good to go :cool:

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/catalog/m011griffonweb.jpg

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1846

Very nice mini.

kathrynloch
09-07-2011, 05:45 PM
If its one of these, then you are good to go :cool:

Very nice mini.

Yuppers! That's it! :D Thank you and thank you! lol!

Thank you for the info! I was worried that base was over 50mm because of the wings. So I'm glad it will work.

And thanks for the compliment. I have a feeling I'm going to be sick of feathers before I'm finished though. :tongue:

RogerB
09-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah, that one's okay. I thought for a minute you were talking about the Forge World thing Kev did.

Cregan Tur
09-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Man, the base size limit is killing my diorama idea. The base I was going to use will be about 140mm. Now I have to rethink what I want to do. If nothing else, I might have to split it into 3 smaller scenes.

Nomad
10-07-2011, 06:19 PM
I think I am in for the contest... few questions though...

1. What is the difference between the Multi Figures and the Diorama?

As I understand it, the multi figure doesn't have to have a diorama theme. For example, if you had a collection of Hasslefree "Alice" figures, of which there are a few, and wanted to display them on the same base, that would fit into the Multi Figure theme whereas if you set up a diorama of one or several figures that tells a story, this fits into the Diorama category.

2. Does the Multi Figures Category means having multiple miniatures on a 10cm x 6cm base forming a diorama?Multi Figure:
Can use as many Hasslefree miniatures as you want but must all fit on a base no larger than 10cm x 6cm (basically a chariot base).

Not as I read it, though you could form a dioramic base for them.

3. Does the Diorama Category means having only a single miniature forming a diorama only?Diorama:
Using any Hasslefree miniatures convert and construct a diorama, must use at least 50% of a figure to qualify but can use any combination and number of figures but must not exceed a 50mm base.

4. For the store purchase, orders of minimum 14 get a free 10cm x 6cm base, orders of minimum 10 get a free 50mm base, so a total purchase of 24 will be entitled a 10cm x 6cm base and 50mm base? I am intenting to participate 2 categories, how should the purchased be like to entitle the 2 free bases?Now this is a good question. Does my 38pounds order entitle me to one of each of the bases, are the bonuses cummulative?

5. Can other brand or make of base of the correct contest size be allowed? If yes, what are the exact required type?

yes but must meet the base size criteria

6. Last, contest is open to international participants, right?I'd be guessing...yes.

Hope to get answers then I can start planning... Cheers!Hope this helps, most of your questions were answered in the initial post or in subsequent posts.

Get planning and good luck.

Darklord
10-07-2011, 09:01 PM
right had confirmation from Hasslefree that only hasslfree miniatures please folks not Twilight,etc.

For the bases it should be just one free base but if you mention it in your order HF will confirm this for you I am sure

Red Corsairs
10-07-2011, 09:02 PM
I'll try and enter this. I'm off on holiday on the 21st July - 12th August though so I'll have to order my mini soon and then get the painting done when I get back.

ScottRadom
11-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Awesome!

kdlynch
11-07-2011, 06:03 AM
right had confirmation from Hasslefree that only hasslfree miniatures please folks not Twilight,etc.

Thanks for checking for me, DL. just a shame it wasn't happier news. :/ Still, a great contest for WaMP. :)

Inquisition
11-07-2011, 09:03 AM
hi...

Thanks for answering my queries... I am planning to join the Diorama and the Single Category.

Still, I am left with the question, are the orders amount for the entitled free bases cummulative? By the way, how does the free 50mm base look like, or what is the model no?

My orders will exceed 10, so probably I will get a 50mm base free. I will need another 50mm base for the other category. I will purchase the extra one, but I cant seem to find the size 50mm base on hasslefree miniature store. Can anyone direct?

Need to plan and purchase soon... Thanks.... cheers!

Havoc7926
11-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Hmmmmmm.........

I have a figure, I have a base, This one might just tempt me back into painting...........................

Havoc

king kender
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I love HF minis!
at the moment I'm very busy, but HF minis are small, maybe I will find a few hourse to paint some minis :-)

Darklord
11-07-2011, 10:43 AM
hi...

Thanks for answering my queries... I am planning to join the Diorama and the Single Category.

Still, I am left with the question, are the orders amount for the entitled free bases cummulative? By the way, how does the free 50mm base look like, or what is the model no?

My orders will exceed 10, so probably I will get a 50mm base free. I will need another 50mm base for the other category. I will purchase the extra one, but I cant seem to find the size 50mm base on hasslefree miniature store. Can anyone direct?

Need to plan and purchase soon... Thanks.... cheers!

let me check

Darklord
11-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Right spoken with hasslefree. When you order let them know which categories you are entering and they can add in the appropriate bases if your eligible for them - so spend enough to qualify for 2 bases and you'll get 2 basese free

Inquisition
11-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Cool... thanks for the answer to my question. Now time to plan and shop. Cheers!

truename
11-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Most of my paintjobs from the past couple of years have been Hasslefree, so I might be tempted by this.

Hmm, what to do?

\aR/

Inquisition
12-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Just wondering...

a. How does the free 50mm resin base look like? With terrain type or flat type?

b. If I were to purchase other make of base, does it matter if its the round lip 50mm type or the straight type 50mm base?

Cheers!

Nomad
14-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Hasslefree shop has reopened.

jah-joshua
14-07-2011, 02:12 AM
i have the same question as Inquisition...my Hasslefree minis have come with round lipped and straight edged bases, so can i use a round lipped base for Alyx???also, would i be correct in assuming that a Dark-Age base insert would be a no-no???really looking forward to painting my first Hasslefree mini, as i have bought loads of the little ladies over the years, but never had a reason to paint one (the downfall of painting minis for everyone but myself)...cheers jah

KittenCeleste
14-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Rats! :p
There goes my big plan. Oh well, saving it for Wamped! then ;)

piratemama
14-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Got my minis in yesterday! I really like the detail, though somewhat confused as to how they choose to make what parts into bits... like Grimdolf came and his head is separate?? o.O

Noddwyr
14-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Ive got Rose from Hasslefree sitting around so I will be trying to get her painted up for it. Just need to come up with an idea for the base. Im open to suggestions :).

Iacton
14-07-2011, 10:03 PM
i have the same question as Inquisition...my Hasslefree minis have come with round lipped and straight edged bases, so can i use a round lipped base for Alyx???also, would i be correct in assuming that a Dark-Age base insert would be a no-no???really looking forward to painting my first Hasslefree mini, as i have bought loads of the little ladies over the years, but never had a reason to paint one (the downfall of painting minis for everyone but myself)...cheers jah

There is a maximum size for the bases, but as I understand it there is no stipulation that you can ONLY use HF's supplied bases, just a note that you are entitled to receive a free base if you order X amount of stock from them.

jah-joshua
15-07-2011, 01:06 AM
yeah, i figured i would put Alyx on the small, 30 mm, round lipped base, as a few of my girls have come with that one...hopefully i can get confirmation that a small urban insert won't get her disqualified...i could always build a "replica" from foam core:)...cheers jah

Inquisition
15-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Has anyone received the free 50mm resin base that come with purchase? Is it just a flat surface base or with terrains? Cheers!

Iacton
15-07-2011, 06:02 PM
yeah, i figured i would put Alyx on the small, 30 mm, round lipped base, as a few of my girls have come with that one...hopefully i can get confirmation that a small urban insert won't get her disqualified...i could always build a "replica" from foam core:)...cheers jah

I'd say that you are entitled to use whatever material you like for the bases, just don't make it bigger than the maximum.

Avicenna
02-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Well, I think I'm in!

I've actually finished a piece that I am hoping to enter... I couldn't find any rules regarding showing finished pics prior to the event closing.

I was going to post it over on PB - are there any issues with this?

Darklord
02-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Well, I think I'm in!

I've actually finished a piece that I am hoping to enter... I couldn't find any rules regarding showing finished pics prior to the event closing.

I was going to post it over on PB - are there any issues with this?

thats fine pimp away as long as its in the contest gallery first

Iacton
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Nope. New HF is the only stipulation, so Wolf isn't allowed :wink:

pae
02-08-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm going to try to have an entry for this one. I have a figure already primed, and I've prepped another. I love Hasslefree chicks.

Darklord
02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
I love Hasslefree chicks.

Is there such a thing?!!

Avicenna
03-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Nope. New HF is the only stipulation, so Wolf isn't allowed :wink:

LOL! Don't worry, Wolf is retired :P I have pretty much finished HF's Vadim for this comp (bar the usual warpaint/tattoos temptation I always get after painting a barbarian or orc)

Iacton
03-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Surely Wolf's taking a trip to Euro though? :eek:

Avicenna
03-08-2011, 09:44 AM
aaah, yeah, maybe :biggrin: so not completely retired :tongue:

Endor
03-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Got myself a piece of resin, the Axenarf ltd ed. Really love this model! Hopefully I'll be able to get him ready by the deadline, although I see a couple of lost weeks due to business travels... We'll see. There's nothing like a deadline to get the paint flowing :smile:

Avicenna
04-08-2011, 07:32 AM
I hope I've done it right, only pic in there atm though...

shanerozzell
04-08-2011, 11:15 AM

The gallery submission is spot on, you could post a bigger picture in the display cabinet (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/forumdisplay.php?13-The-Display-cabinet) forum as well; actually don't give the rest of a chance:tongue:.

Endor
04-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Looks splendid :smile:

The skin colour and the shading of the blades are highlights for me, great work!

Inquisition
05-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Just wanna ask, for the single category, the rules states Size limit to base of 50mm. Is it any base size no larger than max 50mm, or it must be on only a 50mm base?

Iacton
05-08-2011, 11:07 AM
No larger than. :wink:

Inquisition
05-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks... suddenly I have a lot of options for base size for the Single Category now. My orders just came in today, gonna start working on it... Cheers!

Endor
15-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Anyone know a good time-stop spell? Having experienced the friendliest service from Sally and HF in securing a great ogre Axenarf for the contest, it feels bad not being able to get him finished :( but with the current speedup at work and no painting opportunities so far this month and small chances ahead, I fear I have to chicken out. Would be a waste to not give him the treatment he deserves! Ah well, at least I get to see the other side of the world for a week.

shanerozzell
15-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Members get a few extra days. Well worth it for the comps plus the arcade :biggrin:

Captain Sprout
16-08-2011, 12:59 AM
It is indeed time stop by Paypal.

Noddwyr
16-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Just got the motivation to start something for this after seeing Scott Radoms Rose. Got her base built and will start painting tomorrow. Hopefully my slow painting a** can finish her before the deadline.

Iacton
16-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Still hoping to have 4 entries completed. Once I figure out the armour on Tiriel, I should be well on the way. :smile:

ScottRadom
16-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Just got the motivation to start something for this after seeing Scott Radoms Rose. Got her base built and will start painting tomorrow. Hopefully my slow painting a** can finish her before the deadline.

They say if you reach just one person... good luck amigo!

Darklord
16-08-2011, 02:19 PM
They say if you reach just one person... good luck amigo!

your ego is far reaching my friend. I believe it can even be heard from space

Endor
18-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Members get a few extra days. Well worth it for the comps plus the arcade :biggrin:

Finally got around to joining the supporters, dunno why it took me so long. Anyway, I don't expect the extra days will help much with the comp this time around, but there are plenty new ones coming up I can see..

StampedingViking
19-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Just wondering, how long to HF normally take to deliver? I ordered a couple of figures at the beginning of the month and have not received them yet, wondered how long I should give them before chasing?

kdlynch
19-08-2011, 12:59 AM
you got the invoice email, right? i ordered mine on july 17th or so, but due to some figs being out of stock and needing recasting they didn't ship till the 9th or 10th... they haven't arrived here yet (i'm in the US, so customs can hold stuff up a few days), but hopefully should be any day now. since you're in the UK, if they've shipped, they should already be to you. :/

StampedingViking
19-08-2011, 01:03 AM
you got the invoice email, right? i ordered mine on july 17th or so, but due to some figs being out of stock and needing recasting they didn't ship till the 9th or 10th... they haven't arrived here yet (i'm in the US, so customs can hold stuff up a few days), but hopefully should be any day now. since you're in the UK, if they've shipped, they should already be to you. :/
Got the receipt email on 2 August but still no figs yet. Will give them a couple more days then chase I guess.

Nomad
19-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Just wondering, how long to HF normally take to deliver? I ordered a couple of figures at the beginning of the month and have not received them yet, wondered how long I should give them before chasing?

They offer really great service so you could just shoot them off a friendly e-mail and ask about the order. I am in Oz and it only took me a week to get my Bokhun at the end of July.

Mention yo need them for the WAMP contest and I am sure they'll get back to you quickly.

Darklord
19-08-2011, 09:43 AM
hasslefree are great folks so an eamil enquiring shouldn't be a problem

StampedingViking
20-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the advice, will fire off a friendly enquiry.

kathrynloch
20-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Well, here's another basing question. 50mm square or round? What about vertical? lol!

The base that came with my griffon is just under 25mm. I was getting some supplies at Hobby Lobby and walked past these white plastic columns that they use for wedding cakes. They are hollow in the middle and the circle at the top looked as if it would match my griffon base.

On a lark I bought a couple packs because they were only a couple bucks, got 'em home and sure enough....

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/kathrynloch/Griffon/20110819_5.jpg

Perfect fit! And the column is only 30mm wide, well within the 50mm basing requirement. But the column is also 75mm tall - so I thought I'd better check first. If it's considered a diorama, then I've got my work cut out for me and not a lot of time to do it. Or I could cut the top plinth off the column and just use that but again, would it be too tall vertically? It's 20mm tall from where I plan to cut it if necessary.

Sorry to throw out yet another basing question but I figured it's best to be on the safe side and ask rather than get disqualified.

Thanks!!!

ScottRadom
20-08-2011, 06:27 AM
I'm sure you're fine. No different than being on a plinth or pedestal is my guess. Let 'er buck!

Darklord
20-08-2011, 09:44 AM
yeah thats fine Kathryn - nice find too. Are they generic or are they branded? Wouldnt mind a few of those

kathrynloch
20-08-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm sure you're fine. No different than being on a plinth or pedestal is my guess. Let 'er buck!

Thank you Scott! That's what I was hoping for too.

yeah thats fine Kathryn - nice find too. Are they generic or are they branded? Wouldnt mind a few of those

Thanks DL! These have Wilton on the box and the website Wilton.com (http://www.wilton.com) Like I said they're for wedding cakes so they're pretty cheap but once you get some paint on them they look a lot better. The smallest is 3 inches and I picked up a pack of 5 inch ones but they had some that were pretty huge too.

Darklord
20-08-2011, 09:44 PM
cheers Kathryn

Leopardpixie
21-08-2011, 11:33 PM
OO just saw this thread! umm ok Ill start painting today! i hope i can finish!

Darklord
22-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Less than 1 week to go folks - get those entries in.
If your short on time supporters get an extra 3 days

NestorV
26-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Long time no see people..that means I have short of 2 days to post my entry?missed all of you.

shanerozzell
26-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Good to see you back TB.

kathrynloch
28-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Okay for me today is August 28th and I'm putting the final touches - damn wings don't want to stay on the griffon. But it just occurred to me - international dateline - did I miss the entry deadline?

Captain Sprout
28-08-2011, 07:55 PM
The deadline was 6pm on 28 August so it has passed (supporters get a bit longer) although DL hasn't declared it closed as yet.

shanerozzell
28-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Just adding to CS's post the deadline was 6pm British Summer Time. That was 1 hours and 20 minutes ago from the time of this post.

StampedingViking
28-08-2011, 09:31 PM
I shan't be able to enter as I had planned to, still not received my figures and no reply to my email :frown:

kathrynloch
28-08-2011, 09:38 PM
:06: Oh rats and I worked so hard too! I still have to take photos and do the montage thing. I don't know why the dateline didn't occur to me before this! I'm so mad at myself I just want to cry! I would happily become a supporter but the better half lost his job a couple of weeks ago and I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm flat broke. :headbutt:

Well, I guarantee you I will remember the dateline from now on.

Okay, thanks guys, I'm going to go cry now.

Iacton
28-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I'd shout you a month, if I could...

Regarding my own entries, I should get all four up tomorrow, but it's been a big weekend :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kathrynloch
28-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Aww..thanks Iacton, I appreciate the thought. I just checked and the US dollar is again tanking against the GBP. It's at 1.6 so it's $16 for a year for US peeps. A month is $8. Thanks US government for running such a tight ship that my dollar is worth something. *snort* I was going to ask my mom to spot me the membership - $10 she would do but if I start talking exchange rates and paypal conversion fees, she'll say no.

Whew! Okay I got it - dad came through. :D

But in the future, if contest deadline date specifies that it's British date and time, I think that would help other newbs. I'll remember this for the rest of my life but I don't want new painters, residing in the States, to make the same mistake I did. ;)

In Chigh
28-08-2011, 10:25 PM
You should move to mainland europe kath, we get a whole extra hour over here :biggrin:

Iacton
28-08-2011, 10:37 PM
And we don't make low calorie beer! :biggrin:

Cregan Tur
28-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Finished my entry- I was only able to finish 1 of the 3 I had planned thanks to time constraints from real life... that and the purchase of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. You can see it here (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?8263-Judge-me-not-by-my-size&p=145629#post145629).

kathrynloch
28-08-2011, 11:28 PM
You should move to mainland europe kath, we get a whole extra hour over here :biggrin:

And we don't make low calorie beer! :biggrin:

Believe me, I wish I could sometimes! Besides, I want to see the castles and historical sites all over the UK and Europe. And maybe if I tried REAL beer, I'd actually like it. I'm not a huge fan of the stuff - more of a wine drinker. Now Shiner Bock, a dark beer that's supposedly from a Bavarian family recipe, is made in Texas and is pretty decent

Iacton
29-08-2011, 11:55 PM
4 in. I enjoyed that... :redface:

Avicenna
30-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Four?? Now thats just showing off :P Nicely done though dude

NeatPete
30-08-2011, 07:15 PM
I've got till tonight to paint the mini, photo it edit the montage and submit. Nothing major but I want to try and get in on this. The base is done and painted and mini is preped and primed.
No sweat!

shanerozzell
30-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Less than 24 hours for supports to get their entries in. Good Luck everyone!

Yogimu
31-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Lot's of lovely minis to look at in the gallery now :) Not holding out much hope for my own entry anymore!

MaGie
31-08-2011, 12:50 PM
My entry is in! Unfortunately I didn't manage to get rid of all the shine...
With uploading the title of my entry got removed somewhere, that's weird. It should say "Welcome home baby!"

In Chigh
31-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Got my little effort in just now. Rushed the piccies & editing a bit but at least its in. 2 monthly comps in a row for me now (what is the world coming to?) :biggrin:

Must say a big thanks to Scott Radom for inspiring me to throw some paint on her, after seeing his excellent version.

Good luck everyone :smile:

piratemama
31-08-2011, 05:25 PM
My daughter is taking a morning nap so it was opportune time to get mine finished! It's the first time I tried doing plaid. I wish I had more to practice on... but I do like how it came out for a first time. Got mine up and ready!! No idea why the bottom photo of the montage is so cloudy.... methinks I need to get my camera checked out >.<

NeatPete
31-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Good luck to everyone! Some nice stuff in there, nice showing WAMP.

Darklord
31-08-2011, 07:24 PM
DEADLINE HAS PASSED!

well done folks some cracking entries. I will post results once I have them though it could be a week or more as Hasslefree have a lot on at the moment

Leopardpixie
01-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Good luck and good job to every one who participated

Nomad
01-09-2011, 06:11 AM
My daughter is taking a morning nap so it was opportune time to get mine finished! It's the first time I tried doing plaid. I wish I had more to practice on... but I do like how it came out for a first time. Got mine up and ready!! No idea why the bottom photo of the montage is so cloudy.... methinks I need to get my camera checked out >.<

Came out very nicely for a first attempt!

Well done to every one who entered, I don't envy the judges on their job.

Iacton
01-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Good effort all round, peeps. 39 entries is no mean feat :redface:

Darklord
15-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Results are in:

http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?8460&goto=newpost#post147600