PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sword Contest - The Results

Darklord
07-07-2011, 10:09 AM

Another contest draws to a close but what a contest it's been. Easily our most popular single sponsor contest EVER! It's a testament to dark Sword that so many folks want to paint their stuff. There are some stunning entries in the gallery and Dark Sword were so impressed they even gave out extra prizes. So instead of the top 4 bagging some goodies the top 8 did so instead!

Judging was carried out by Dark Sword themselves so here's what they had to say:

Hello WAMP contest participants -

First off - congratulations for an amazing showing in this contest. The pieces are amazing and I spent multiple hours admiring the entries once the contest was closed. I will be speaking with Brett about getting access to the pictures to post up on the Dark Sword site in our permanent galleries with full credit (name/forum handle) straight away. It is very humbling and exciting at the same time to be reviewing so many wonderful entries of miniatures that such a small company like Dark Sword Miniatures produces. I do it all for the love of the hobby as for 9 years now I put all the money that comes in from Dark Sword right back into new sculpts, new molds, new artwork and new paintjobs.

This was a hard-fought contest in terms of judging. It was so gut-wrenching that I had to expand the prizes from a 1st to 4th with an honorable mention to a 1st through 8th place. So I bumped up some of the prizes and added in more prizes to accommodate. Please note - George R.R. Martin himself will be getting an email from me with pics from the miniatures based on his books as he is a huge miniature fan/collector. Jeff Grace, Tom Meier and Dave Summers will also be receiving emails from me with pics of their sculpts. I would love to check all these out in person along with a bunch of other pieces from this competition as many times the pictures and lighting do not do the paintjob full justice.So it gives me great pleasure to announce that the winner of our first ever Dark Sword contest is.........

BRUSHMISTRESS!!
with her Lannister Lady In Waiting
http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/data/733/LannisterLadyinWaiting.jpg

Heres what Jim from Dark Sword had to say:

simply a stunning piece and an amazing take on this beautiful sculpt.Brushmistress wins herself $200 worth of Dark Sword credit for her troubles.

In 2nd place we have Landreth! with Baak. (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/dark-sword-2011/p2266-baak.html)

an old classic by Tom Meier done extremely well. Tight all the way aroundHe picks up $100 worth of goodies for his troubles

In 3rd place we have Arithon with 'Fallen Angel' (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/dark-sword-2011/p2213-fallen-angel.html)

amazing looking from the angles I could see. Could have most likely moved to 2nd place if pics from the back were shown. Great color scheme and scene. $75 credit is coming your way

4th place was taken by Iacton with his Steampunk Geena (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/dark-sword-2011/p2065-steampunk-geena.html) and he recieves $50 of swag

rock solid all the way around. In addition to our top 4 Dark Sword very generously extended the prizes so the following people all recieve $25 store credit from Dark Sword:

5th place went to Graphigaut and 'Victarian never fall' (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/dark-sword-2011/p2209--26quot-3bvictarion-never-fall-26quot-3b.html)

Wow - an amazing scene. George R.R. Martin himself will love looking at it6th place was Peppepeo with Elf Princess (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/dark-sword-2011/p2192-elf-princess.html)

A wonderful color scheme and paintjob on this piece. Simply lovely7th place is for GreyHorde with his version of Fallen Angel

Another great example of a great piece by Jeff Grace. A very solid showing.8th place was given to Stellin23 for Night's Watch' (http://%27http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/dark-sword-2011/p2073-night-27s-watch.html)

Wow...could have placed much higher with better pics. An aggressive diorama with alot going on to say the least. Would love to get better pictures of this. I am sure George R.R. Martin will really enjoy what he can see from the pics. Huge kudos for going big on this piece. So there we are folks your worthy winners. A final word from Jim:

Again, I would like to thank everyone that entered this contest. I hope you had as much fun painting up our multi-award winning miniatures as we had making them. And please - if you like our miniatures - spread the word to your friends in the hobby both online and offline. Positive word of mouth is the highest form of recognition a small company like Dark Sword Miniatures could ever ask for. I would like to thank the cool cats from WAMP for the opportunity to sponsor this contest. This is a wonderful community site and you all are the reason I opened up talks with Brett to sponsor a contest and go big with the prize support. I look forward to sponsoring another contest in the near future.

Thanks and keep on painting!

Warm Regards

Jim Ludwig
Founder - Dark Sword Miniatures
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com (http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/)

And that's about it folks. I want to say thank you to Jim at Dark Sword for getting involved with this - it's been a fantastic contest and the first of many I am sure. A big thank you also to you folks that took the time to enter,vote,comment or even just watch this fine contest.

If you wish to check out all the entries you can here: Dark Sword (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g733-dark-sword-2011.html)

Also a big congratulations to our winner Brushmistress and to our worthy runners up. The standard of entries was stunning.

Winners if you could pm me your email address's please.

Until next year...........

Brett

Orki
07-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Well done guys! Theres some good stuff up there. :)

Ulfgrimr
07-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Congratulations Brushmistress and congratulations to all the other worthy winners/runners up. The quality of all the entries was impressive and thanks to DL for organizing it. I'd also like to thank the folks at Darksword for sponsoring the comp, the number of entries is testament to the quality of your figures and their popularity.

Jester 666
07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Congratulations.

Arithon
07-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Congratulations to everybody. Special mention to Brushmistress and Landreth for such exceptional pieces. Well done.

Iacton
07-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Well done, BM! A worthy winner indeed!
Thanks very much to Jim for placing me 4th, and thanks of course to the Dark Lord of Owl Town for his continuing hard work :wink:

This has been a competition that has been so well attended that it has somewhat astounded me. Good effort all round guys http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/grouphug.gif

shanerozzell
07-07-2011, 11:10 AM
A big well done to all the people that entered the contest and congratulations to those that won, you guys painted some superb miniatures.

brushmistress
07-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Congrats to everyone! There were some really wonderful pieces entered in this contest! :)

waghorn41
07-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Well done Brushmistress, truly a magnificent entry. Congrats to all the other winners and thanks to everybody that to time to enter. DS is my favourite mini company and their service is as good as their minis.
And of course thanks too DL for organising this and DS for their generosity.

MamaGeek
07-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Congratulations, everybody! The winners were all well deserving, and thanks to WAMP and Dark Sword for running a great contest!

Landreth
07-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanx to Darklord and Jim for great contest, and to all who participated!
Congratulations Brushmistress, your work really great. And, of course, congratulations to all winners!

kdlynch
07-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Congratulations to the winners and runners, and great jobs by all the entrants! :D Thanks to the team at Dark Sword and Darklord (is there a theme there? hehe) for putting this all together!

piratemama
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Congrats, everyone!!! You did fantastic and the winnings were well deserved :D

Cregan Tur
07-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Congrats to all the winners.

RogerB
07-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Congratulations people. I've been a bit busy so hadn't had time to look through them thoroughly but there's some great stuff there. Good to see the new faces entering as well. Hope you'll stay around.

Cubster
07-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Holy mop and bucket, how did they pick the bones out of that? Every one of those entries was just superb and it must have been very tough to try to differentiate between work of that quality.

LOBO
07-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Congrats to all the winners.

Synthet
07-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Congrats to all the winners, you all did an amazing job! And so did Dark sword and Darklord for organizing this:)

Duliniel
07-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Congratulations to all the well-deserved winners, and a huge "thanks" to Dark Sword and WAMP!!

DaveyBoy
07-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Congratulations Brushmistress & well done to all of the winners. Thanks also to Darklord to Dark Sword for all their efforts in putting on this competition.

Bloodthorn
07-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Congrats to all the winners. All the contestants should be proud, they all looked good!

GreyHorde
07-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Congratulations to Brushmistress and Landreth for outstanding work and well-deserved top placements! Congrats & kudos to all entrants, and HUGE thanks to Darklord and Dark Sword for a fantastic comp and truly generous prize support.

Anne
07-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Congratulations everyone, fantastic work!! And of course thanks to Wamp, and Dark Lord for organizing, and Darksword for putting the contest together, was alot of fun! :smile:

Endor
07-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Great competition, great entries, great prizes :biggrin:

My favourite won in the end, I see - although it must have been tough to judge all those quality jobs.

Looking forward to next DS comp, at least I am now stocked up on minis!

peppepeo
07-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Congratulations to all partecipants in this wonderful competition.
:goodjob:

Thanks to Dark Sword for the generous prizes.

NeatPete
07-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Congrats Brushmistress! And all the other winners as well. Great showing WAMP.

Much thanks to Dark Sword for the very generous extention of prizes. The more I get to know them the more I understand that these are good people and honestly care about this hobby and those who enjoy it. Thanks dark sword, I'm already looking forward to next year!

Big thanks to darklord for getting this together as well. Great contest!

krimso
08-07-2011, 02:17 PM
That was an awesome contest. Congrats to the winners.

Captain Sprout
09-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Loads of great entries and a really well supported contest well organised by DL and Darksword.

Many congrats to the winners, some lovely models, well done BM, what a red dress!

brushmistress
12-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi all - just wondering if any of the winners have been contacted by Dark Sword yet?

Darklord
12-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi all - just wondering if any of the winners have been contacted by Dark Sword yet?

should be soon Jess - I only got the details across to Jim yesterday as I was waiting on some details (even then I had to find some myself - you'd think folks would want ot get their prizes!!) Maybe I'll add a new rule - winners have 5 minutes to send me their details otherwise I get the prizes!!

Stellin23
15-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Congratulations to all of the winners!! I truly enjoyed staring at my computer for hours on end, taking in all of the beautiful pieces. Simply amazing!!! A special thanks to Darklord, and Darksword, for organizing the contest, and to George R.R. Martin (for allowing us into his world).

Iacton
29-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Quick note to say that my prize bits turned up today. Top effort from Mr Ludwig and co. :redface:

shanerozzell
29-07-2011, 12:13 PM
that's good, what did you get?

Darklord
29-07-2011, 12:16 PM
that's good, what did you get?

So excited he wet himself

shanerozzell
29-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Again!!!:08:

Iacton
29-07-2011, 12:55 PM
It's ok, I wear tupperware pants these days.... :wink::tongue:

I got another Steampunk Jen (for project w - I already have a project x...), Demorgan, the Female Blind Warrior and the Male Anti-Paladin. Jim also included the little tiny Lillian cherub, which was a nice little gesture (especially if you read the story behind it).

peppepeo
22-08-2011, 02:35 PM
My prizes have arrived with a gift from Jim: the tiny Lillian angel. :biggrin: Thanks again to Dark Sword and Wamp. :goodjob:

Darklord
22-08-2011, 02:43 PM
your welcome, look forward to seeing what you do with them!

Landreth
02-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Got my prize todayl! Thanks to Dark Sword and Wamp!