PDA

View Full Version : Banelegions 2011 - The Results

Darklord
13-06-2011, 07:51 PM
http://banelegions.maelstromgames.co.uk/images/banelegions_logo_web_medium.png

It's that time again. Time for a select few to step up to the plate and claim the glory of winning a Wamp Special.

This time our esteemed sponsors were Maelstrom with their rather fantastic Banelegions range.

The nice chaps from Mansfield not only but up some great prizes for our on-line contest but also offered up some goodies for the best Banelegions entered into WAMP2011.

Sparks walked away from WAMP2011 with a Gold Trophy and 75 worth of credit for his trouble but who would take the on-line crown?

We had 8 lovely entries in the contest - a great turn out for a brand new range - some of these models only been out a few weeks.

But from those 8 we need 3 worthy winners and to select those we passed the gauntlet to Maelstrom Games themselves.

After much deliberation they sent back word of our champions. The Wamper claiming the crown of the first ever Banelegions contest is............

SPARKS!
Adam takes the online crown to go with his WAMP2011 one with his Chimera once again winning the judges over.

http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/data/723/chimera_final_montage.JPG

Hot on his heels in 2nd was non other than NECRON_99 with his version of the Chimera.

Breaking the mould with a non-chimera is a welcome return to the podium for everyone's favourite Canadian (after Celine of course) ScottRadom with his rather nice rendition of Ulric.

Sparks nabs himself another Gold Trophy and another 75 crdit @ Maelstrom - not bad going!!

Necron_99 comes away with a Silver trophy and 40 credit.

Mr Radom gets himself a Bronze Trophy and 20 credit for his efforts.

Winners can you email me your postal details and Email address's please

So there we are folks another fantastic contest brought to you by Wamp and Maelstrom.
Congratulations to all our winners - all well deserved.
Big thanks go to all of you that entered or took the time to comment on the entries as well as those of you that helped our contestants with advice on their entries.

Biggest thanks go to Maelstrom and Tim especially for their great support of this contest. If you haven't used Maelstrom before I suggest you check them out, great products at great prices, it's where I buy most of my stuff from!!
You can find Maelstrom here:

To view all the entries please visit: [URL="http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g723-banelegions.html"]Banelgeions Gallery (https://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/[Maelstrom Games - Tell em Wamp sent ya![/url)

And if any of you missed out on this contest don't worry - We're having it again next year!! (And having heard of some of the upcoming releases you'll want to be in on it!)

So thats all folks, I am your host Brett Johnson, you've been a lovely audience, Goodnight!

LOBO
13-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Congrats Sparks, Necron_99, and ScottRadom, Nice job to all!!!!:smile:

Captain Sprout
13-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Good job guys and nice chimeras and Ulrics! Well done to the winners and everyone who entered.

NeatPete
13-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Grats to the winners!

Thanks for the contest Maelstrom Games and WAMP.

Endor
13-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Congrats to winners! - And well done by all.

shanerozzell
13-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Well done guys and Congrats to sparks, necron and Mr Radom.

War Griffon
13-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Gongrats to the winners ad all those that entered.

Noddwyr
13-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Congrats to the winners. Well done!

Ulfgrimr
13-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Well done to all the entries and congratulations to Sparks, Necron and Scott. Also thanks to DL and Maelstrom for putting together a great contest.

Sparks
13-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Couldn't find a smilie that said 'shocked thankyou' but very chuffed and astonished, thought there were some great entries in there! Congrats to Necron_99 and to Scott, very nice feel to both of your models and enjoy your winnings!

DaveyBoy
13-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Congratulations Sparks, Necron_99 and ScottRadom & well done to everyone who entered.

kdlynch
14-06-2011, 02:15 AM
good jobs everyone! and congrats to the winners! :D

ScottRadom
14-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Hey! How about that! Thanks for hosting the contest DL and Maelstrom, and to all who entered and the other winners. Pretty pleased with that finish for myself for sure. Yippee!

seasonman
14-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Gratz to all winners and wel done to all who entered .

krimso
14-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Well done. Good contest

Tigershark
14-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Congrats to you all, great works in the contest.

Darklord
15-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Necron, Scott - still waiting for your details

megazord_man
15-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Just wanted to congratulate everyone that entered and especially the fantastic 3 winners - I wish I had seen the winner in the flesh the other week. Nice effort everyone; specially the kind people at Wamp and BaneLegions for making this happen.

Sparks
15-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Megazord, let me know the next meet you can make and I'll bring it along! It may even have a plinth by then :)

megazord_man
15-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Megazord, let me know the next meet you can make and I'll bring it along! It may even have a plinth by then :)

Beautiful, I will do - hopefully it will be the one on the 17th July (lucky I double checked I was thinking it was this weekend!) but i'll let you know. Cheers dude.

Orki
16-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Some nice stuff there chaps, well done all! :)

Sparks - You gonne be unleashing your beast at the next local meet?

Necron_99
17-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Thanks to everyone that ran this contest and congrats to all the winners! This was my first WAMP contest and it was great fun. I will be back for more.

Necron_99
17-06-2011, 06:06 AM
Necron, Scott - still waiting for your details
did you get the message I sent earlier today?

bananaman
17-06-2011, 05:35 PM
BIG thanks to all who entered. For a small and new (but growing and aging!) range I think the turnout was fair and I'd love to see more entries next year - we'll definitly be involved again!

A few words on the entries

1st Sparks - excellent the colour contrast works really well and we loved this brighter more vivid take on the Chimaera.

2nd Necron 99 - Nice natural pallette - excellent ruined temple themed basing and the heads (lion in particular) are very well done.

3rd Scott - Ulric. Good work on the weathered metals - this guy looks like he's been through a lot!

Oni's Ulric was also very, very close to 3rd place. the different skin colour works a treat!

Microcast - Rose ; Nice frozen ice base (how'd you do that?) looks great - but the photo isn't good enough to see much of the paintwork on the mini.

Neatpete - Vagrant Knight - another good take on an alternative colour scheme - another nice natural pallette and very good base - a contender for sure.

Necron 99 Rose. I LOVE the Tim Burton style colour scheme. Something that never crossed my mind when viewing the bare resin (and even when painting my own Rose) but it fits so well and just seems so right!

Megazord man - Erec. Easily the best story told in this piece. Lots of nice little touches - the lens on the goggles, wetaher beaten tarp banner, tarnished metals and a paint job that adds character to the 'lil mono-armed dude.

Great work all around, may thanks once again to all who entered and of course to Darklord for running the show and agreeing to host the comp.

Cheers guys

Tim @ Maelstrom.

Darklord
17-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Cheers Tim,
great for folks to get feedback - its what we are all about here.

Next year should be great with the range well established - should be a cracker

megazord_man
18-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks for posting these comments Bananaman, it's really good to see your thoughts and get some feedback.

Vern
18-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Congrats to all the winners :biggrin:

bananaman
29-06-2011, 09:59 AM
All the winners should get their prize in their Maelstrom account today - it will show as 'Moneyback' and can be spent in store.

Well done once again!

Darklord
29-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Cheers Tim

Sparks
05-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Forgot to say a big thanks to you all for organising this, and a bigger thank you to the judges again, especially for the feedback for all the entries. Depending on the releases, I can see me entering a fair few models next year! Money has arrived no probs, though spending it is a harder prospect as I'm finding it hard to commit to anything in particular!