PDA

View Full Version : Grifon's PFP Challenge

grifon
07-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Ok this sounded like a blast so I figured that I would throw my hat in the ring!

Starting budget is going to be $20 USD, with a goal of $1500 USD, yeah its on the high side, but I want to try and motivate myself to doing something really spectacular with my figures.

The first piece that I am painting for the Challenge is the GW plastic Chaos Terminator Lord, I have had a couple of these sitting arond the house in a far from complete state [aquired from other gamers in states of missing parts] for awhile now and I am going to give those the once over and see how they go, first WIPs will be up later in the week.

Scary part is that I have NEVER sold on eBay before...

NeatPete
07-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Good luck!

I'd get going on your ebay seller's acount. Took me a while to get that all set up if I remember correctly. This idea is really taking off.

Vern
07-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Good luck!

& yeah, its been a good few year since I had to, but check out any rules etc. on your Paypal account

seasonman
07-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Good luck with reaching your goal . All the best wishes . :rolleyes:

grifon
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the support and kind words, I set my goal very high, I guess because I wanted to see if it would be possible for me to reach.

I am going to be getting going on the E-Bay stuff tonight, then I need to get the photography side of it all sorted as well, so much to do with a small business like this!

Darklord
08-06-2011, 01:28 PM
best of luck mate - dont thinkg the target is too high - it all depends on your skill level, amount of time you can commit and the timescale for your challenge

grifon
13-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Ok update, nothing to show yet, mostly because I haven't had a camera handy the last few days, and my Cellphone will hardly do justice to figures.

The Chaos Terminator Lord is looking nice at this point, I should hopefully have WIP shots on here later today or tommorw, with him going up online later this week as my first attempted sale piece.

Going from there, I am either going to do another Lord up as a Sorceror of Tzeentch, or changing directions totally with an Eldrad Ulthran conversion from the Eldar

grifon
14-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Ok finally some WIP shots, CoWorker asked me to bring him in to see so I grabbed a couple of pics on my cellphone, sorry about the quality

Obviously the head other arm and both shoulder pads aren't added yet, I also am working on deciding what to do with the staff debating some sort of source lighting but not sure I have the guts yet.

kdlynch
14-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Looking good, grifon. Could always leave the head off and claim he's the Invisible Man. hehehe

NeatPete
14-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Looks nice.

Think I have that same phone...

grifon
14-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, unfortunately I am under flourescent lights here which has seemed to give the piece a much warmer cast then it actually is, I am happy with it so far, still a fair but of the way to go on him...Still trying to figure out the whole lighting thing LOL

grifon
21-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Haven't updated this in awhile because...well...there really hasn't been a lot to update LOL

But now there is, so my Fiancee has a lot of love for what I paint and do, and her way of motivating me was suggesting that if I could reach $3000 USD by May of next year I might be able to seriously consider getting my Can Am Spyder, look those up if you don't know what they are :)

So, with that insane goal in mind, I am kicking it into high gear! The Chaos Lord is currently in the same state he was in before, I had a painting competition come up with my local store and decided that would be a good thing to enter. I am currently working on a 5 man Blood Angels Death Company to show standard, so I may look at selling them when done.

Now a question to the community, beyond GW does anything sell well on Ebay at all? I have seen some of the Avatars of War and Bane Legions stuff go well, is that to do with the fact they can be proxied? I have been seriously lookng at one of the new Bane Lords from BL for something out of my comfort zone a bit, but worry about sellability.

Any insight would be grand