PDA

View Full Version : Wamp goes Wyrd - The Results!

Darklord
31-03-2009, 09:32 PM
The wait is over - the results for the first ever Wamp special are in. Judged by Wyrd's very own Rob Cardiss (aka Demonherald) I have pleasure in announcing first place goes to......

Landreth!
with his beautiful version of Perdita.

2nd place goes to Jabberwocky! with his lovely Witchling Stalker

3rd place goes to Boris! with her version of Ramos

and finally 4th place goes to Darklord with his Convict Gunslinger.

I just want to say well done to the winners especially Landreth and well done to everyone else that entered. I know Rob had a hard time choosing these 4 and there were several that nearly made it. I really didnt think we would have so many entries (21!) let alone at such a great standard. it really has set a fantastic benchmark for all the wamp specials to come in the future and i hope we can support those as well as this one.

Rob has written a few words so i will let you read those now.

Apologies for the delays folks . Mental schedule for myself recently and a technical hitch meaning the first results I sent through didn't make it .
As people usually say at this point the standad overall is great.. well I'm gonna follow this cliche and say that this has been a difficult comp to judge as the overall standard is indeed great. A few pieces really stood out but the gap between the chosen winners and those that didn't quite make it is minimal .There's some interesting spins on familiar subjects and a few ideas I may well nick myslf.. I hope you all get over to Wyrd and pimp your paint jobs after waiting for me to judge. now without further delay here are my winning choices.

4th Place....Convict Gunslinger
Nice work on the scars that really standout. The face has a great menacing look too it and the different to normal flesh sets the mood nicely.

3rd Place.......Ramos
love the overall atmosphere of the piece.. minimal colours and a nice lighting effect make for the dark tmosphere that really suits the mini..The light caste seems to jump on a few pics which makes it a little hard to decipher what is painted and what is from the photo light but overall a nice suiting scheme for this mini.

2nd Place .....Witchling Stalker
Love these little guys and this one is great.. Nice two tone colour scheme neatly carried out. The glow on the eyes works well and the sword is relly really nice well done.The little details on the base the open sack with the spilled soulstones and the nicely weathered girder make for a nice piece overall.

1st Place. Perdita
,This is a really nice piece.. the tanned skin tone may be a shade deep but is in keeping with the artwork and imagery of a girl who walks round te desert half dressed.
The hair has a great glossy feel to it and has the right balane of bright highlights while maintaining the overall black appearance.The freeand check pattern is very nicely and neatly carried out great work. The little details on the base finish off what is an all roundsolid job and a worthy winner.

heres a list of all the entries and who painted them:

Rupprecht the pirate - Darklord
Candy - Darklord
Convict Gunslinger - Darklord
Ramos - Boris
Perdita - Waghorn41
Britpunk - SilentBob
Jaggerzombie - SilentBob
Taelor - Lady Hammerstrike - Coneman
Rasputina - Artica
The Joker - Springbok
Crazy a** Hooke Dude - ScottRadom
Morgue Assistant Dude - ScottRadom
Crazy a** Baby - ScottRadom
Viktoria - Sword Mistress - Eldintux
Witchling - Jabberwocky
Lady Justice - Math Mathonwy
The Hag - Neatpete
Convict - Neatpete
Cheeky Imp - v22TTC
Marshal vs Marshal - Vern
Perdita - Landreth

Winners I will arrange your prizes with Wyrd.
All judging decisions were done anonymously by Rob Cardiss under no influence from Wamp or Wyrd.
Any questions please feel free to ask.

And finally a very big thankyou to Rob, he was extremley busy this week. couldnt even finish his salute entry but found time to judge this for us. Rob will be popping his head in in the future hopefully .

arctica
31-03-2009, 09:38 PM
woo congratulations to all for a fun competition :) some really great work by everyone. Well deserved winners too.

Boris
31-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Rob said nice things about my mini *faints*

Math Mathonwy
31-03-2009, 09:42 PM
No enemies were driven before me it seems... :lol:

But seriously, congratulations to the winners for winning a very tight race. And, strangely enough, the top four were the exact pieces I would've chosen (well, those and the Dwead Pirate, as I really loved the paint job on that one and couldn't decide on just four favourites).

Great stuff!

Darklord
31-03-2009, 09:44 PM
funny you should say that math as Rob said that forth was a toss up between the convict and the pirate!

Vern
31-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Congratulations to the top 4, richly deserved, and to everyone who entered a good and fun contest methinks

Boris
31-03-2009, 09:52 PM
this was a lot of fun and the anonymous bit was fun at times - like guessing who had done which model.
But I'm glad we can finally grill people about what they did :D

Darklord
31-03-2009, 09:54 PM
yeah enjoy the peace before scott gets here tomorrow!
BTW i just want to say well done in particular to Waghorn. your painting has improved no end and continues to do so. When i say all the entries are well done i mean ALL of them

waghorn41
31-03-2009, 10:29 PM
aw shucks DL :oops:

Did anyone notice that avatar of Liz's on the bull was dressed almost identically? I painted Perdita BEFORE the avatar appeared, kind of hoped people might think it was rush job by Liz. I tried so many new 'ways' on this model, especially the faded denim look - I was actually pleased with how that turned out.

Boris
31-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I actually thought that one was Liz's entry.
Nice work wag.

EldinTux
01-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Congrats to the winners, and well done to those who entered

NeatPete
01-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Great job everyone! Grats to the winners!

NeatPete
01-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Although I think he mixed up the gunslinger winners, mine was quite obviously better!

:P @ DL

Well done folks!

@Jabberwocky: how the hell did you do that sword? I want to know NOW! pretty please!

Coneman
01-04-2009, 12:49 AM
Congratulations to the winners, well done.

Jabberwocky
01-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Congratulations to all the winners and a big thanks to WaMP for organizing this very successful 1st contest and to Rob for taking the time to judge the competition amongst a hectic schedule. I thoroughly enjoyed the contest and plan on participating in the future ones as well.

ScottRadom
01-04-2009, 01:56 AM
Grats to everyone. DL, did you say Rob had comments and crits on all the entries? I'd love to get some feedback on mine. I'll post some pics in the appropriate sections of my entries.

Well done to all, especially the winners!

SilentBob
01-04-2009, 04:32 AM
Yay - results! Congrats to the winners and everyone else who entered too.

Hinton
01-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Congrats to the winners and well done to everyone that entered. Some very, very nice work.

ScottRadom
01-04-2009, 05:50 AM
I actually think that DL's convict should have been bumped by his Candy Woe!

Math Mathonwy
01-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Have to say that it is great fun to read the comments that people have left for their own entries in the album :lol:

Darklord
01-04-2009, 10:09 AM
@Pete - the convict was double checked to be the right one mate!
@Math - i hate commenting on my own but if you dont it gives the game away - Scott does that anyway though!

Darklord
01-04-2009, 10:13 AM
@Scott i think thats all the comments but im sure if you pm rob he may give you some feedback on them. I think your morgue dude is your best work yet.
as for the convict well i really painted him as a quick job wasnt a fan of the model before hand but really enjoyed painting him - might buy another one to do and cover him in tats.
The pirate is my best of the 3 but the photos have killed him. im going to retake some when i get around to ti. was selling all 3 but i may keep him

Landreth
01-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Congratulations to the winners and all who entered! It's great that we all can participate this contest!
Didn't expect that i win, i painted my entry very fast. Now i repainted some parts and show to you soon.

Darklord
01-04-2009, 10:22 AM
it was a clear winner for me Landreth - well done and look forward to seeing her touched up a bit more

v22TTC
01-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Congratulations winners! That would have been my top 4 as well, except that I would have put the Morgue Assistant in there (not saying which I would have swapped it for ... coz I'm not quite sure).

Cheers to the organisers, Wyrd for the prizes, Rob for judging and to everyone for the eye candy! :)

RogerB
09-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Congratulations to those who took part and especially the winners.