PDA

View Full Version : Gamezone - Wamped!

Darklord
23-03-2009, 01:30 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z93/darklordminiatures/Radaddelbanner_GZ.gif

I have pleasure in announcing the second of our special painting contests.
This one is sponsored by Gamezone.

here are the rules:

You must be a Wamp Member to participate

You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a monatge
any additional photographs of that entry will be removed

Each entrant is only eligible for one prize. In the event of an entrant winning more than one prize they will recieve the prize og highest value - any subsequent prizes will be awarded to the next highest placed entrant.

All entries must be new work

You give Wamp and Gamezone permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you wdo retain owenrship)

You may post pictures of WIp or final shots both here and elsewhere

Judgibng will be decided by an open public vote by wamp members only.

The deadline for submission is 20th April Midnight GMT

Submissions must be posyted to the gamezone album

All entries must feature Gamezone miniatures only. You may use accesories and bases from opther companies.

You may enter a single miniature,diorama full 300 piece battle scene - whatever you like as long as its gamezone.

Any problems or questions then feel free to ask here or pm me

Now the good bit:
the prizes

1st place - 30 EUR voucher for the Gamezone Shop
2nd place - 20 EUR voucher for the Gamezone Shop
3rd place - 10 EUR voucher for the Gamezone Shop

plus 5 Euro voucher for EVERYONE that enters the contest

Prizes are re-deemable at : www.Gamezoneminiatures.de only

for more info or to join wamp goto: www.wamp-forum.com

v22TTC
23-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Cool! :D This place is great! :)

arctica
23-03-2009, 02:00 PM
lol yea, i just hope Artemis Black will get back to me with my pre-order for salute before then :)

Darklord
23-03-2009, 03:44 PM
just started putting my venerable guy together, needs some greenstuffing but nothing major - just fafy bits.

Math Mathonwy
24-03-2009, 03:26 PM
just started putting my venerable guy together, needs some greenstuffing but nothing major - just fafy bits.
fafy bits? :blink

I found this amongst my unopened blisters (pic from the GZ-site):
http://www.gamezoneminiatures.de/images/product_images/popup_images/317_2.jpg

Grail Knight Hero. Looks a bit daunting to tell the truth, but we'll see what happens. The fight scene on the horse's barding is a pretty incredible detail.

Darklord
24-03-2009, 03:29 PM
ooh i like that one. i noticed when putting the venerable dude together that they sculpted shoes on the horse - on the bottom that you would never see as the sit flat on the base!

ScottRadom
24-03-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm going to try and paint my Venerable mage using GW army book colors. I wanna see if I can pull off a decent look using classic color schemes. I think the trend is to do everything in super real earthy tones and stuff and I'm gonna see if I can do the old red and blue Altdorf thingy. I should put a wip up later today as I started the boy who leads the horse.

Moth
24-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I've got 3 mini's staring at me waiting to be painted... it's so hard to choose! The venerable guy, a vampire champion and vampire standard bearer, aaargh!

Landreth
24-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm lucky) Just recieved dark elf dark knight champion, i'll paint him for this contest. Want to try to impruve my black nmm technique.

Darklord
24-03-2009, 08:35 PM
im hoping to get the venerable dude done (in earthy tones scott) but a suprise colour nontheless and a predatgor dude (all the gamezone peeps are dudes!

Vern
24-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Well, I'm not going to start mine until after my ladder challenge, but I'm planning on the Imperial Inquisitor & maybe the Elf hero on predator!

v22TTC
24-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Have to say that when I was looking at my minis, the venerable dude was the only one that really sang to me - was thinking juxtapose his aged skin with super spangly and bright wizardy/authority colours (blue and silver, purple, turquoise, red and gold): if that's too close to yours Scott then I might do something else ... don't know what the army book and Altdorf thingy is.

Harvester chariot is sweet but a lot of work - my problem's finishing anything and getting bored with the same thing ... there's lots and lots and lots of bone on that thing and it could end up looking a bit dreary and be boring to paint.

Mounted Monk - black and gold barding, glowing hammer with OSL ... yawn....

Dunno!

ScottRadom
25-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Hey, I'm copying something, or trying too anyway. No rules about not rippin' off each other! I'm gonna start a WIP so you can check it out and see.

EldinTux
25-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Probably wont be enetring this one, no time or money, but will be very interested in seeing whats done.

Coneman
25-03-2009, 01:13 AM
The only GZ mini I have a t present is the Ork War Chariot and there is no way I could get that done in time, the boars are going to take a lot of work to asemble alone, not to mention the orks.

arctica
25-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Well i think there is still plenty of time ;) so you might surprise yourself if you try.

My order is all set for collection at salute from Artemis Black :) what a top service, very nice to talk to aswell.

NeatPete
25-03-2009, 02:31 AM
I'm regretfully going to have to pass on this one, unless things change and I smoke some crack. I'm exhuasted and no way could get a sweet ass calvary piece done by April 20th. I'm broke and I don't have one, CMON is out of anything I want to paint, I don't know. Right now it looks like I'll be on the cheer squad for this one.

Hinton
25-03-2009, 03:03 AM
Afraid I'm going to have to pass as well since I don't have any Gamezone minis and can't really afford to pick any up. Probably for the best since some stuff over at Wyrd is about to kick into high gear and I need to focus on it.

Good luck those that are planning on entering; hope you get your entries done in time!

v22TTC
25-03-2009, 03:47 AM
Pete: You could just build a complete medieval village and have the Corpse Child in the middle of it - I've got a spare one I could send you.... :P

Thryth
25-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I think that I will probably have to pass on this one. I don't think that I can get a miniature ordered and painted in time. :(

Darklord
25-03-2009, 06:58 PM
thryth dont foget all the upcoming contests are listed so you have fair warning on them all - latest is november i think!

arctica
26-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Still im wondering if 1 month is too short a time for people, maybe 2 per contest might be easier for more participants?

warhammergrimace
26-03-2009, 01:54 AM
I partake in this comp, if I can pick a model up at salute this weekend.

ScottRadom
26-03-2009, 02:59 AM
Still im wondering if 1 month is too short a time for people, maybe 2 per contest might be easier for more participants?

I disagree completely. I'd love to see the high calibre of entries we had for the Wamp-off, but with the amount of legwork and advance notice Dl has put into the schedule it's super easy to plan out what you want to partake in or not. True, you didn't have as much notice as some of the older members for the GZ contest, and it sucks as I would love to see what you do with one of the mini's, but I think to keep the contests coming quickly and allow those who don't like some of the contest mini selections waiting only a month rather than two is the way I'd ratehr see them go.

As a way of for instance some of the monthly WAMP themed contests have not really been for me, theme wise. With only a month in between it's not such a chore for A.D.D. painters like myself to wait.

But that's me. For example you could always start now on your AoW entry? Of course the results you guys get on your figs make me puke with the quality. How can you spend so long on a single fig without speeding through it? I envy your patience and your results.

v22TTC
26-03-2009, 03:16 AM
Yeah, I think a month's just right - long enough that you don't end up IP mental and fatigued but short enough that it keeps you focused throughout: I need all the focus I can get, myself.

Besides, for any given amount of time - more comps, more prizes!, more Glory!!!! :P

PS: DL, reckon you could ask Automaton about a Guild of Harmony comp with him judging, while you're doing the interview? Never even heard of him til about a month ago (no CMoN for me) but I've been reading a lot of the stuff he's written lately and he seems like a really good guy. Reckon him judging would put folk on their best game!

Thryth
26-03-2009, 04:37 AM
thryth dont foget all the upcoming contests are listed so you have fair warning on them all - latest is november i think!

Yup. I do appreciate that! :)

I'm thinking Avatars of War, and possible Armorcast and/or Ironwind Metals look interesting.

For the Armorcast one, I assume it is for any miniature that they sell (like the Hasselfree)?

ScottRadom
26-03-2009, 04:49 AM
GUILD OF HARMONY! Good idear! I just picked up three of their figs! Love to have him judge, and I think it'd be good motivation for him if it was his range of figs!

Darklord
26-03-2009, 11:45 AM
the armorcast one was does NOT include hasslefree OR Spinespur but anything else is fine

Darklord
26-03-2009, 11:47 AM
The reason i went for 4 weeks was that it gives most people time to order and paint 1 mini. Now of course i let you know as soon as i get dates confirmed for all the contests to give you all the maximum amount of time to get sorted if you want to enter.
the other reason behind 4 weeks is that otherwise these would still be running well into next year. Its november as it is and i cant keep manufactureres waiting too long

NeatPete
26-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I think 4 weeks is perfect. If you can't paint something in 4 weeks, you're trying to hard. But life gets in the way and crap happens, so thanks for getting them anounced ASAP DL, can plan my whole year of painting out!

Darklord
26-03-2009, 04:02 PM
BTW guys there is now a gamezone WIP album for your use and feel free to start a wip thread in the (thats right!!) WIP section of the forum!

v22TTC
28-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Decided that life's just too damn easy at the moment so I should work on one of the GZ minis I've got that needs lots of prep - 'twill be the mounted warrior monk for me in a little diorama with a corpse child.

Didn't want to do the same mini as at least two other folks, especially with similarities in colours to both, and though it's my fave mini of theirs on its own, I couldn't think of anything to go with it. I had meaningless fun with the Wyrd comp entry but prefer a bit of depth and meaning and I can get that pretty quick and easy with monk and corpse child.

Can always add the Harvester chariot and mage later if I've got time! :P

Of course, I might see a pic of that new Huntress and pounce like a crazy man - we'll see....

ScottRadom
28-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Attaboy! What's the best kind of plate......

....a FULL plate.

v22TTC
29-03-2009, 09:38 AM
I did mention that the monk was about the worst of the lot in terms of prep - spent all day yesterday trimming and filing and I'm still only about half way through; lots of GS work today, rebuilding details etc and filling (know exactly what you meant about the chainsaw :shock: ).

Captain Observant strikes again - it was only late last night that I noticed that the horse has only half a face! :shock: Beautiful sculpting on one side and a blob of metal on the other - but carving half a horse's head out of pewter with a Stanley knife wasn't anywhere near as hard as I thought it would be (maybe all the carving I've had to do on the Infinity tungsten minis was good training) - including an eye and everything.

Guess what the focal point of the mini won't be.... :P Really looking forward to painting this bad boy though! Got that thing going on I love - knowing exactly how I'm going to paint about half of it and the other half totally open to Serendipity, so it's always fresh and exciting! :D

Darklord
30-03-2009, 10:40 AM
its such a painters model i think - one of those that just oozes character and has rrom to be as simple or as fancy as you like without getting overwhelmed

EldinTux
30-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Got a pack of Dwarves from Salute - so I may be in ;)

Darklord
30-03-2009, 12:33 PM
knew it would be dwarves for you! i almost bought some dwarves but the big bad ass dinosaur tempted me more!

Math Mathonwy
30-03-2009, 12:37 PM
I, too, have been filing, pinning and gluing away - almost half done. The damn war scene on the barding fills me with more and more dread every time I look at it. Hopefully it will look less intimidating undercoated...

Darklord
30-03-2009, 12:44 PM
try pinning this bloody dragon! man its stabbed me too many times with its claws and spikes

Artemis Black
31-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Of course, I might see a pic of that new Huntress and pounce like a crazy man - we'll see....

You won't, I'm afraid it's a bit workmanlike. Not bad by any stretch but not as good as their best.

It's a bit of a static pose of a Dark Elf woman holding a smallish polearm (eastern influenced) and is committing the cardinal sin of holding a bloody head.

Artemis Black
31-03-2009, 01:57 AM
It's just occurred to me that I could enter this. I won't be winning as I'm massively out of practise (I've only finished one mini in about 3 years and that was a 1 day paintjob for a Wyrd contest I said I'd enter and didn't want to be a non finisher) but what the hell!

EldinTux
31-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Go for it Artemis, good to see your up for a challenge :)

v22TTC
31-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Yeah, not one for the ol' severed heads (unless they're kind of funny and cartoonish like that Spyglass Assassin one), or static poses. Cheers for that though - at least I can focus now. :)

EDIT: Yay to joining in! :D

Darklord
31-03-2009, 09:28 AM
and dont forget you get 5 euro's off at gamezone for entering!!

arctica
31-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Its all for fun anyway :) great seeing more join in.

Darklord
31-03-2009, 12:06 PM
yep, the more the merrier

Artemis Black
31-03-2009, 06:39 PM
and dont forget you get 5 euro's off at gamezone for entering!!

Awesome! I get 5 euros off :D

Darklord
31-03-2009, 06:42 PM
that sold it for ou didnt it!

miniMaven
02-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Ok - I might be a party pooper here - but is anyone else balking at the shipping cost? To USA it's 42,50 euro...thats 55.25 @ current exchange rate...

Anyone have any good leads on this? Even ebay is looking like 22.00 per figure - geez.....

Beautiful figures though - gatta say that.

EldinTux
02-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Have you tried Artemis Black http://www.artemisblacks.com

Very helpful guy and you know he'll give you a realistic quote. Not sure what that would be though :)

Darklord
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
welcome aboard minimaven. scott can get stuffed shipped cheap i think plus he's willing to swap some GZ figs for other stuff so he could maybe help you out

ScottRadom
02-04-2009, 02:41 PM
If Artemis Black can't help you, coolminiornot.com has some stock. I have a few pieces, not much at all really.

Artemis Black
02-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Ok - I might be a party pooper here - but is anyone else balking at the shipping cost? To USA it's 42,50 euro...thats 55.25 @ current exchange rate...

Anyone have any good leads on this? Even ebay is looking like 22.00 per figure - geez.....

Beautiful figures though - gatta say that.

Postage to the US starts at 2 from us so I'd say significantly cheaper :)

If you mention it's for this competition then I'll make sure it stays low regardless of order size.

Darklord
02-04-2009, 04:31 PM
now that is cheap arty - i wish the us companies would ship over here for that price!

EldinTux
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
You need to get them on here DL and maybe we can swing some deals ;)

Darklord
02-04-2009, 05:10 PM
who?

Undave
02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Them!

Artemis Black
02-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Yup, which companies. We always take recommendation for new lines into account when picking the next one we get in.

EldinTux
02-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Actually which companies would we want. Wyrd are already cheap on shipping, GW have outlets here - who else would anyone want?

arctica
02-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Reaper are horribly expensive on shipping directly. I would have gotten some figures but the shipping put me off totally.

Artemis Black
Talking of Wyrd, if it's cheaper to get them direct then we've set the prices wrong. If anyone wants to check a past order they've made direct with our prices and let us knwo that'd be helpful.

I'm not doing my job if it's cheaper to import on your own :)

I'm guessing one of the main companies mentioned from the US would be Reaper. The line is too expansive and too much work to pick through the gazillions of codes for the good ones for it to be worth my time getting in to be honest.

Artemis Black
Reaper are horribly expensive on shipping directly. I would have gotten some figures but the shipping put me off totally.

Heh, see.

EldinTux
02-04-2009, 05:24 PM
WYR5003 Viktoria - Sword Mistress $7.50
WYR1001S GUILD: Witch Hunters Skirmish Group $26.75
Subtotal: $34.25
Shipping cost: $5.25

Total: $39.50

Heres a copy of the invoice I received from Wyrd when I ordered for the Wyrd Comp end of Jan. How does that compare Artemis?

Artemis Black
02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Almost exactly the same. I might have to address that, if the only benefit to ordering from us is a few less days delivery time that's not the best.

Darklord
02-04-2009, 05:40 PM
and not using funny money

v22TTC
02-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah, it does seem like British companies bend over backwards to have low shipping worldwide, but I think that it ends up being about the same cost because VAT isn't charged for shipping to outside the EU? For stuff being shipped in, it's the handling charge that's the killer (which you're not paying with an EU supplier).

ScottRadom
02-04-2009, 08:54 PM
I dunno, I've ben charge PLENTY to have stuffed ship from the UK. My favorite shipping companies are all US based, Dragon Forge and Wyrd have the best shipping rates I've encountered. Actually I've never paid shipping at all fro Dragon Forge product.

Artemis Black
04-04-2009, 04:46 AM
World exclusive of the worst photos ever of the 3 new releases. I 'think' the first two are meant to be similar to Furies.

I'll take some better photos once Salute clean up is finally done with and if Gamezone don't get any images out soon it looks like I know what I'll be painting for the comp :)

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9606/0149r.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1951/0150.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8210/0606t.jpg

miniMaven
04-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Thank you guys! The help is much apreciated! I may not compete this time due to time constraints but I will sure give it a shot next time.

Once I get some minis done that don't have a gloss finish I will post them - I glossed all the minis I have currently for durability and it ruined them for photographs...sad really...

Anybody have ideas about finishes and sealers that photograph well and still protect the mini?

EldinTux
04-04-2009, 08:30 AM
If you want durability I know a lot of panter gloss their mini's then use dulcoat to get rid of the shine :)

Darklord
04-04-2009, 10:37 AM
yep testors is usually the choice - if its not for gaming testors on its own will do. you can put this on over the gloss finish so all those ruined minis you have wont be ruined anymore

v22TTC
04-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Cheers for the pics Artemis - yeah, you're right: think I'll stick with what I've got.... :P

I'll be making an order soon for stuff for another competition - and you know, gratuitously just for stuff's sake!:)

Artemis Black
04-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Cheers for the pics Artemis - yeah, you're right: think I'll stick with what I've got.... :P

Yeah, compared to recent releases, especially the Wood Elf heroe's she incredibly static. Nice mini in hand but not up to the dynamics of previous releases.

The other two, even in hand, are ridiculously hard to work out. I'm going to have to properly glue one together and ink it just to see what the hell it looks like :)

Like I said, might just paint one of these, or all of them.

Darklord
04-04-2009, 06:16 PM
they so need a studio painter

Artemis Black
04-04-2009, 06:27 PM
they so need a studio painter

Unfortunately studio painters add to prices. With the pound the way it is against the Euro I wouldn't want to have to raise prices again.

What they need is more competitions like this one so there's more advertising photos to use :)

Darklord
04-04-2009, 06:34 PM
yeah but i think paintjobs would help them sell more - i find the pics a little off putting on some of them

ScottRadom
04-04-2009, 06:48 PM
I gaurantee there are painters out there who would paint these products for store credit. Perhaps not the brush wizards a paying studio gig would provide but the bare metal stuff is poor. If GZ put something on a forum advertising it they'd be bombarded by submissions.

Even a contest for getting your pic up on the website would likely be enough. "Submit your painted _________ pics, the winner ships the model and recieves some euro's in GZ product" sort of thing.

It's easy to get people to do what they all ready love for even a small amount of recognition. Methinks. Not my problem to solve granted, but I could do it in a heartbeat.

Artemis Black
04-04-2009, 07:11 PM
I gaurantee there are painters out there who would paint these products for store credit. Perhaps not the brush wizards a paying studio gig would provide but the bare metal stuff is poor. If GZ put something on a forum advertising it they'd be bombarded by submissions.

Even a contest for getting your pic up on the website would likely be enough. "Submit your painted _________ pics, the winner ships the model and recieves some euro's in GZ product" sort of thing.

It's easy to get people to do what they all ready love for even a small amount of recognition. Methinks. Not my problem to solve granted, but I could do it in a heartbeat.

My guess is they won't do it without getting in the best and the best costs. A bad or even mediocre paintjob has detrimental effects on sales, it 'has' to be good.

It's why someone like Angel Giraldez is swamped in work at the moment by all the new Euro companies coming out.

ScottRadom
04-04-2009, 07:27 PM

My guess is they won't do it without getting in the best and the best costs. A bad or even mediocre paintjob has detrimental effects on sales, it 'has' to be good.

It's why someone like Angel Giraldez is swamped in work at the moment by all the new Euro companies coming out.

So then do as you suggest and use comps like ours to get your pics. Contact the members on CMON who've done excellent submission and offer them something for pics of their finished work. You can get pretty good results I'm sure.

Agreed that poor pics (I'm not convinced that the result would be as bad as poor) might not boost sales, but unpainted and unclear pics fo figs can't be great for biz either. Maybe?

Like I say, not my problem to solve but still think it's easy to do without having to pay a coupel hundred a fig.

miniMaven
06-04-2009, 09:49 AM
You guys are the best! I have a hobby sho a mile away - I can get some dulcoat this week. THANK YOU! This is the best forum ever. I think I'm gonna do the aveatars of war comp. I haven't given up on this one yet - I'm ordering from Artemis this week!

Darklord
06-04-2009, 10:39 AM
yes we are the best minimaven - especially me!
hope you can get something in for this contest too

Undave
07-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Ummmm... I probably ought to have asked this before but are we allowed to convert the miniatures at all? I was planning on changing the head on a hammer and giving mine a shield with a twin tailed comet on it. Both are GW bitz.

Darklord
07-04-2009, 12:59 PM
yes as long as its easily known its gamezone. and form what you say your conversions arent a problem

Darklord
14-04-2009, 12:53 PM
oh god - finally got back round to starting this mini and realised i only have 6 days left to do it in and got viositors coming thursday for 2 days damn these deadlines - which numpty thought that one up! then leaves me 4 days to paint capn jack to defeat undave!
oh well kinda getting used to rushing things at the moment

Vern
14-04-2009, 07:21 PM
The dark elf predators' out for me, it would be kind to call it gaps in the sculpt - more work than I'm capable of doing :x

I've got me single figure - might investigate another, but the clocks ticking

Darklord
15-04-2009, 11:31 AM
yeah my predator will wait for another time too - just doing the venerable dude

v22TTC
15-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah, my arty piece with the Monk's never going to be finished in time and I won't rush another piece that has great potential for a deadline ... I did say he was the worst cast of the lot (of what I bought) but he really is really, really bad - he's gone way over the making good line into 'why the f**k am I sculpting a mini that I've paid for, just to make it look like what it's supposed to: for this amount of sculpting I should be sculpting my own mini! :evil: ' territory.

Didn't want to sack the comp off though so ordered another, more simple, mini last week to paint up in time, hopefully. Hasn't arrived yet though (Easter and that)....

Darklord
15-04-2009, 12:46 PM
hope you get something in Rob, mines going slower than expected but should be done anyway

v22TTC
15-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Cheers man! :) Yeah, biting the ol' nails - GZ and Ladder need to be done at about the same time, Ladder will need quite a bit of conversion (Plans A or B, depending on what arrives) and haven't got the minis yet! :shock:

Good news is that I've got some AoW arriving too, so should be able to get a head start on at least one comp! :o

Darklord
15-04-2009, 01:14 PM
iron painter sucked all my time up, i got one aow mini but going to grab some more (these comps are great excuses to buy minis aint they! starting to plan some GD entries too

v22TTC
15-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Gah, poxy things didn't come with the post today, either! :evil: It's enough to make a man jump onto a train and go to a GW store, muttering 'F**k the independents ... sick of doing the right thing and getting screwed for it!... :evil: '.

[Seriously] Has anyone got a quick and easy link to the rules for Golden Demon submissions, with all the very worth reading infamous GW smallprint there?

Darklord
15-04-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?community=true&catId=&categoryId=3300001&aId=6900007

there you go bud

v22TTC
15-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Cheers Dude! :)

Darklord
18-04-2009, 05:49 PM
hows everyone getting on? i had visitors so only just got back to my old monk - just finished the horse, just starting the monk now in a mad rush to get done for monday's deadline . im actually thinking of leaving the page off - im just not sure it works that well with the model.

Vern
18-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I've one piece nearly done (corpse child), and second perhaps 20% done :( but there still a bit of time till Monday :lol:

Undave
18-04-2009, 08:37 PM
I had intended to enter something in this but it occured to me that all my GZ pieces are destined for armies at some point and I haven't come up with a basing scheme for any of those armies yet. Rather than base it and then have to remove it all later I'm going to sit this one out and concentrate on my other compo entries I think.

Nameless
18-04-2009, 11:07 PM
The deadline for submission is 20th April Midnight GMT
whole sunday, and monday evening ... :scratch
elven lord should be finished on time :)

Darklord
19-04-2009, 09:22 AM
undave - you could have done a base but not glued the mini to it and lift off later - i do that with some pieces

Darklord
19-04-2009, 09:39 AM
dam it one of my lamps just went pffttt. down to one - not good

Undave
19-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I would have done but in this case the mini was the lop-sided Warrior Priest so it would have fallen over at the drop of a hat.

Darklord
19-04-2009, 03:05 PM
your british - you have in-built ingenuity!

Darklord
19-04-2009, 04:43 PM
came across this from one of our very own - landreth:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/188826

Hinton
19-04-2009, 04:53 PM
came across this from one of our very own - landreth:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/188826

Yeah, I've seen that one. Some very cool work.

Got a chuckle out of the one comment that says he didn't paint it because it's done too well.

Darklord
19-04-2009, 05:01 PM
yeah i read that too! (although its true as i actually painted it - in fact i paint most of the top pieces - kinda like ghost writing!!)

EldinTux
19-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Well mines in :)

Darklord
19-04-2009, 05:34 PM
good man - you like dwarfs dont you!
mines getting there - will deffo be finished sometime tomorrow - havent even touched the base yet though

Darklord
19-04-2009, 06:12 PM
all painted then i discover the arm doesnt fit in place - some quick fire bodge sculpting needed!

lizcam
19-04-2009, 08:29 PM
You're good at bodge sculpting.

Nameless
19-04-2009, 08:56 PM
paintjob is finished, now I have to do some basing :)

Darklord
19-04-2009, 08:58 PM
bodge sculpting is done and just been into the garden for a mass forage - got enough foliage to last for months - not much moss around at the moment though - should be a good base hopefully

Darklord
20-04-2009, 02:26 PM
bloody testors - gone shiney again! dont know why i use the stuff its ****, hoping some thin glazes will help dull things a little. i am so pissed

Nameless
20-04-2009, 02:49 PM
nope, glazes usually leave glossy surface. well, at least glossier than 'standard' paint.

Darklord
20-04-2009, 02:54 PM
dam it!

Darklord
20-04-2009, 04:48 PM
ok mines all done - its one of those pieces that you think is terrible until its finished and it just seems to click - theres a lot wrong with it but for another time constricted one im quite happy and the base is a step up for me.
off to a governors meeting now then back to take some photos

Vern
20-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Mine's done - 3rd choice of figure, terrible photo (again :( )

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m98/Vern_06/Mummysgirl.jpg :(

Darklord
20-04-2009, 08:29 PM
phew im all done - struggled with photos as i had one lamp less than usual which isnt good but he came out reasonable
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z93/darklordminiatures/TheVenerableThaumaturge.jpg (http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z93/darklordminiatures/?action=view&current=TheVenerableThaumaturge.jpg)

lizcam
20-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Looks really good DL. The only thing I would say is the wood on the base might have been better a dark color but that's no big deal. Well done!

Darklord
20-04-2009, 08:52 PM
thanks , the base came like that liz

NeatPete
20-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Very nice DL! I agree about the base but yeah, w/e... Great job mate!

Darklord
20-04-2009, 09:53 PM
cheers, told you i raided the garden!!

Nameless
20-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm just waiting for my friend to do some computer work with my crappy pics, and I will post mine...

NeatPete
20-04-2009, 10:16 PM
You little red eyed rasta garden raider!

Darklord
21-04-2009, 10:36 AM
deadline has passed - i will set up the voting poll shortly

Nameless
21-04-2009, 10:40 AM
great :)
what is the wamp custom - shall I post comments (and my pic) here in this thread or in the gallery?

Darklord
21-04-2009, 10:48 AM
you can either go to the album and comment or you can comment in the voting thread. (or both if you like!!)